Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Needaname » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:15 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:17 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:00 pm
Agree with Farah, if he has it in him, Liddle needs more time if it is at all worth it.
After watching the Newtown V Norths game I’d go as far as saying he is not in the same league as the younger Brailey.
The sharks are an attractive team at the moment. 2nd last team to win a GF and not yet losing that lustre. I hope Gallen and Lewis play one year too long and they end up having a similar season to the Cowboys of this year.
Here’s hoping anway.
Was listening to MMM on the way in to work they had flanno on. He said it'd be hard to keep both Brailey brothers as he sees both of them them as 9s only.
I should be a little fairer on Liddle I suppose.
My comment was based on the lack of attacking options I see from him at the moment in comparison to the Brailey boy.
Liddle did play 80 in that last game making 63 tackles and 53 run meters. All behind a well beaten pack. According to nswrl stats. Although NBWT claims 73, 140 respectively.


tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 843
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:16 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:44 pm
I can’t believe the whole debate on, is the club liable or not liable to pay if a player asks for a release.
It’s pretty simple the club is liable to pay what ever is agreed to by the players management,the new club and the West’s Tigers.

Now if the player is in hot demand, probably nothing, the new club would take on the contract or offer a better deal. In McQueens case I doubt the Coast would pay 400g a year, so their would be some deal brokered.
That's exactly what some of us have been trying to say

Nothing more nothing less

Totally agree in shouldn't be such a big deal or so hard to understand

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29377
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:32 pm

akpinareren1 wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:01 pm
When was the last time tigers signed a marquee player and splashed a lot of $$
Mayer told me Aaron Woods
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3379
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:01 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:03 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:01 pm
When was the last time tigers signed a marquee player and splashed a lot of $$
Blair would go close and he didnt work out well at all
Lote Tuqiri :lol:
Blair came to us after Lote

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:10 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:01 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:03 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:01 pm
When was the last time tigers signed a marquee player and splashed a lot of $$
Blair would go close and he didnt work out well at all
Lote Tuqiri :lol:
Blair came to us after Lote
Blair was a failure.No?


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3379
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:27 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:10 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:01 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 2:03 pm


Blair would go close and he didnt work out well at all
Lote Tuqiri :lol:
Blair came to us after Lote
Blair was a failure.No?
Yes he was and he was the last big name player we threw a lot of money at.

weststigerman
Member
Member
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by weststigerman » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:34 pm

Josh Reynolds was a fairly big name, as is Mbye.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm

on the hill wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
Being impatient and rushing out to sign a player to replace those we have or will release this year is why we are here today
Eg
Tui
Rochow
McQueen and others
If we sign players just because they are available now we will end up in the same predicament next year

It is hard
We all know that
But waiting and making a play for class players is really in our best interest and that's what we all want
Class signings
Not could be's or Maybe's
Look at Newcastle
They landed Pierce
Who would have thought
As clubs struggle with the salary cap
We have an opportunity to pounce
It’s not like the Knights got Pierce on a good deal though. They paid overs, just like we are going to have to do for those players. That’s clearly one of our strategies and the other, looking for diamonds in the rough, landed guys like Rochow and Tui. Until our TPA game lifts it’s our best shot. The other strategy is to develop successful junior players and something I think Ivan will successfully do.
Agreed
Just dont want to buy ordinary players
After Robbie and Benji helped us win today I am beginning to think that we should resign them on a small $ contract
If they truly love the club the amount of money they receive should not matter
They played well today
Happy to admit that I didn't think that they had it in them
If they sign on a minimum contract then we have plenty of experience will still having money for top line players

Although today was a great win we cant forget that a number of Dragons players backed up from origin
We were still good enough to win
WOOOO WHOOOO

on the hill
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu 07 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by on the hill » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:22 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm
on the hill wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
Being impatient and rushing out to sign a player to replace those we have or will release this year is why we are here today
Eg
Tui
Rochow
McQueen and others
If we sign players just because they are available now we will end up in the same predicament next year

It is hard
We all know that
But waiting and making a play for class players is really in our best interest and that's what we all want
Class signings
Not could be's or Maybe's
Look at Newcastle
They landed Pierce
Who would have thought
As clubs struggle with the salary cap
We have an opportunity to pounce
It’s not like the Knights got Pierce on a good deal though. They paid overs, just like we are going to have to do for those players. That’s clearly one of our strategies and the other, looking for diamonds in the rough, landed guys like Rochow and Tui. Until our TPA game lifts it’s our best shot. The other strategy is to develop successful junior players and something I think Ivan will successfully do.
Agreed
Just dont want to buy ordinary players
After Robbie and Benji helped us win today I am beginning to think that we should resign them on a small $ contract
If they truly love the club the amount of money they receive should not matter
They played well today
Happy to admit that I didn't think that they had it in them
If they sign on a minimum contract then we have plenty of experience will still having money for top line players

Although today was a great win we cant forget that a number of Dragons players backed up from origin
We were still good enough to win
WOOOO WHOOOO
fire up. on ya mate!

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:35 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm
on the hill wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
Being impatient and rushing out to sign a player to replace those we have or will release this year is why we are here today
Eg
Tui
Rochow
McQueen and others
If we sign players just because they are available now we will end up in the same predicament next year

It is hard
We all know that
But waiting and making a play for class players is really in our best interest and that's what we all want
Class signings
Not could be's or Maybe's
Look at Newcastle
They landed Pierce
Who would have thought
As clubs struggle with the salary cap
We have an opportunity to pounce
It’s not like the Knights got Pierce on a good deal though. They paid overs, just like we are going to have to do for those players. That’s clearly one of our strategies and the other, looking for diamonds in the rough, landed guys like Rochow and Tui. Until our TPA game lifts it’s our best shot. The other strategy is to develop successful junior players and something I think Ivan will successfully do.
Agreed
Just dont want to buy ordinary players
After Robbie and Benji helped us win today I am beginning to think that we should resign them on a small $ contract
If they truly love the club the amount of money they receive should not matter
They played well today
Happy to admit that I didn't think that they had it in them
If they sign on a minimum contract then we have plenty of experience will still having money for top line players

Although today was a great win we cant forget that a number of Dragons players backed up from origin
We were still good enough to win
WOOOO WHOOOO
I agree with most of what u said except the word small contract.

Im starting to realise as a fan i have to see things from the players view aswell.

Why should farah and Marshall in key positions go on a small contract or deserve one. The same club that turfed them and failed to replace them.

They deserve a decent contract if go on for 1 more year.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:02 pm

Leani Latu playing for Titans tonight.
Ivan please arrange the player swap for McQueen, I’ll endorse it!

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:06 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:35 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm
on the hill wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
Being impatient and rushing out to sign a player to replace those we have or will release this year is why we are here today
Eg
Tui
Rochow
McQueen and others
If we sign players just because they are available now we will end up in the same predicament next year

It is hard
We all know that
But waiting and making a play for class players is really in our best interest and that's what we all want
Class signings
Not could be's or Maybe's
Look at Newcastle
They landed Pierce
Who would have thought
As clubs struggle with the salary cap
We have an opportunity to pounce
It’s not like the Knights got Pierce on a good deal though. They paid overs, just like we are going to have to do for those players. That’s clearly one of our strategies and the other, looking for diamonds in the rough, landed guys like Rochow and Tui. Until our TPA game lifts it’s our best shot. The other strategy is to develop successful junior players and something I think Ivan will successfully do.
Agreed
Just dont want to buy ordinary players
After Robbie and Benji helped us win today I am beginning to think that we should resign them on a small $ contract
If they truly love the club the amount of money they receive should not matter
They played well today
Happy to admit that I didn't think that they had it in them
If they sign on a minimum contract then we have plenty of experience will still having money for top line players

Although today was a great win we cant forget that a number of Dragons players backed up from origin
We were still good enough to win
WOOOO WHOOOO
I agree with most of what u said except the word small contract.

Im starting to realise as a fan i have to see things from the players view aswell.

Why should farah and Marshall in key positions go on a small contract or deserve one. The same club that turfed them and failed to replace them.

They deserve a decent contract if go on for 1 more year.
It's not always about the money
I took a 20% pay cut because I knew I would be happier in a new job
And I was and i had no regrets
Imagine how Robbie and Benji would feel if a little sacrifice from them helped our club achieve more and helped us get to the finals
It would be a great deed by both players no doubt
One that proves that they are still good guys and have always put the club 1st
The question is what would make them more happy
$$$$ or helping the Tigers get to the Finals
Farah and Benji wont be signed by any other club at this stage
So why not 1 more year with us

$$$$ or success

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:02 pm
Leani Latu playing for Titans tonight.
Ivan please arrange the player swap for McQueen, I’ll endorse it!
If McQueen was a race horse they would have put a screen around and shot him by now.

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle

Post by rex2ce » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:44 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:35 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm
on the hill wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
Being impatient and rushing out to sign a player to replace those we have or will release this year is why we are here today
Eg
Tui
Rochow
McQueen and others
If we sign players just because they are available now we will end up in the same predicament next year

It is hard
We all know that
But waiting and making a play for class players is really in our best interest and that's what we all want
Class signings
Not could be's or Maybe's
Look at Newcastle
They landed Pierce
Who would have thought
As clubs struggle with the salary cap
We have an opportunity to pounce
It’s not like the Knights got Pierce on a good deal though. They paid overs, just like we are going to have to do for those players. That’s clearly one of our strategies and the other, looking for diamonds in the rough, landed guys like Rochow and Tui. Until our TPA game lifts it’s our best shot. The other strategy is to develop successful junior players and something I think Ivan will successfully do.
Agreed
Just dont want to buy ordinary players
After Robbie and Benji helped us win today I am beginning to think that we should resign them on a small $ contract
If they truly love the club the amount of money they receive should not matter
They played well today
Happy to admit that I didn't think that they had it in them
If they sign on a minimum contract then we have plenty of experience will still having money for top line players

Although today was a great win we cant forget that a number of Dragons players backed up from origin
We were still good enough to win
WOOOO WHOOOO
I agree with most of what u said except the word small contract.

Im starting to realise as a fan i have to see things from the players view aswell.

Why should farah and Marshall in key positions go on a small contract or deserve one. The same club that turfed them and failed to replace them.

They deserve a decent contract if go on for 1 more year.
100%, why should they be punished for sticking around?

iofthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri 21 Oct, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by iofthetigers » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:58 am

the third wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:42 pm
I’d rather Roosters style recruitment over panthers any day of the week. #sombrero
The Tigers had there chance to get Jamie Matthiou when he walked out on the Gold Coast before returning to the Roosters, the Tigers should sign a very close friend of his who is a great judge of a footballer & ironically Ivan Cleary's brother in-law Josh Stuart.

User avatar
2041
Member
Member
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri 14 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by 2041 » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:39 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:35 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm
on the hill wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
Being impatient and rushing out to sign a player to replace those we have or will release this year is why we are here today
Eg
Tui
Rochow
McQueen and others
If we sign players just because they are available now we will end up in the same predicament next year

It is hard
We all know that
But waiting and making a play for class players is really in our best interest and that's what we all want
Class signings
Not could be's or Maybe's
Look at Newcastle
They landed Pierce
Who would have thought
As clubs struggle with the salary cap
We have an opportunity to pounce
It’s not like the Knights got Pierce on a good deal though. They paid overs, just like we are going to have to do for those players. That’s clearly one of our strategies and the other, looking for diamonds in the rough, landed guys like Rochow and Tui. Until our TPA game lifts it’s our best shot. The other strategy is to develop successful junior players and something I think Ivan will successfully do.
Agreed
Just dont want to buy ordinary players
After Robbie and Benji helped us win today I am beginning to think that we should resign them on a small $ contract
If they truly love the club the amount of money they receive should not matter
They played well today
Happy to admit that I didn't think that they had it in them
If they sign on a minimum contract then we have plenty of experience will still having money for top line players

Although today was a great win we cant forget that a number of Dragons players backed up from origin
We were still good enough to win
WOOOO WHOOOO
I agree with most of what u said except the word small contract.

Im starting to realise as a fan i have to see things from the players view aswell.

Why should farah and Marshall in key positions go on a small contract or deserve one. The same club that turfed them and failed to replace them.

They deserve a decent contract if go on for 1 more year.
The Tigers should offer them both what they think are fair contracts for a good backup half and a good backup hooker. If there's more money on offer elsewhere they're welcome to take that, but I sincerely doubt there's going to be a bidding war.

Elderslie Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:30 pm

Wests Tigers have 8 players off contract for 2018 including Benji & Robbie below is a list of 12 players from other clubs that may add value to our roster.
Jamaye Isako Broncos
Michael Oldfield Raiders
Corey Oates Broncos
Tevita Pangai Jr Broncos
Jaydn Sua Broncos
Rhyse Martin Bulldogs
Keegan Hipgrave Titians
Shaun Lane Manly
Jack Hetherington Penrith
James Segeyaro Conulla
Apisai Koroisau Manly
Issac Luke Warriors
Broncos would be most vulnerable due to the number of young talented players coming through apparently the best crop ever the remaining players would be good pick ups.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6369
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 2:20 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:30 pm
Wests Tigers have 8 players off contract for 2018 including Benji & Robbie below is a list of 12 players from other clubs that may add value to our roster.
Jamaye Isako Broncos
Michael Oldfield Raiders
Corey Oates Broncos
Tevita Pangai Jr Broncos
Jaydn Sua Broncos
Rhyse Martin Bulldogs
Keegan Hipgrave Titians
Shaun Lane Manly
Jack Hetherington Penrith
James Segeyaro Conulla
Apisai Koroisau Manly
Issac Luke Warriors
Broncos would be most vulnerable due to the number of young talented players coming through apparently the best crop ever the remaining players would be good pick ups.
Hetherington would be a real good pick up
Go hard or go home

Post Reply