Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Telltails

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Telltails » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:10 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 7:43 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:54 am
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:38 pm

So 2019 is already a write off? Yay.
We need to be looking towards 2040
I think the REAL plodders are the people running this club ...!
Take it easy.

Ivan is doing wonders.

Lets not forget what he walked into. Before he came into the club got rid of marshall and farah. Got balin in who played 1 game and banked on mith moses.

Tedesco, mitch moses and woods all left the club others also jumping ship. Club loosing its culture.

In 1 season his getting our culture back on track a muture farah and marshall are back at the club and brett hodgson back coaching. We are winning games this year.

I agree past opearations had no clue but ivan knows what it takes.

You build the culture first and make the club a respectable place again and the players will follow.

Will we become the roosters i hope not I'd rather follow a club thats built on more than money.

Id rather watch a esan masters develop than buy the best player on the market. This is a possability again under ivan he just needs time and patience.

Fans can help buy not wanting to throw him under the bus when we are losing.
Agree with a lot of what you say Nucky the damage done to this club prior to Ivan coming is still having a knock on effect.
Its clear now our problems in recruting players goes further than offering them money.
We appear to be moving forward off the field but it seems that some players are not buying what we are selling atm, and sadly the young talent that we use to rely on to some extent at this point is also looking very lean.

You cant make them come if they dont want to, and we would be stupid to offer ridiculous money to players who are not going to bring us success, especially when we appear to have our finances in order.
Not expecting any players to sign that are being actively chased by other clubs at this point, but will be pleasantly surprised if it happens because that will be a significant turning point in our club moving forward.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:31 am

Snake wrote:
Tweed Tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm
We have not shown any purchases yet , but are we in negotiation with multiple players , nobody knows what we are doing or who we may be trying to get , time will tell and it will be based on Nathen Cleary coming to the Tigers I think , we could be holding out for 12 months and then bring in 5 or 6 solid player purchase ,,Clearly and others
How quickly we forget the previous regime. :roll:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:01 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:31 am
Snake wrote:
Tweed Tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I dont always agree with you Russell but you are 1000% correct on this

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:07 am

Whenever i feel bad about our recruitment/retention i just remember the cowboys had Ponga and Kikau in their 20s and let them both go.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:23 am

iofthetigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:43 am
andrew 474 wrote:
We have not shown any purchases yet , but are we in negotiation with multiple players , nobody knows what we are doing or who we may be trying to get , time will tell and it will be based on Nathen Cleary coming to the Tigers I think , we could be holding out for 12 months and then bring in 5 or 6 solid player purchase ,,Clearly and others
Speaking with a former international who is employed with an NRL club, he believes the Tigers are very active in the market but cut off discussions when they exceed market value, he said he can't believe the difference in the club in 2 years & said if all clubs operated this way players wouldn't be paid overs & there would be less shopping around of contracted players.
Good approach. I fully support.
About time clubs stood up to manipulative Players Managers.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:29 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:31 am
Snake wrote:
Tweed Tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

X100 ....
we are in good hands, some really poor (negative) comments have set in on this forum.
Give your heart a rub .... some of you so called supporters.

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:41 am

momo&medo wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:23 am
iofthetigers wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Speaking with a former international who is employed with an NRL club, he believes the Tigers are very active in the market but cut off discussions when they exceed market value, he said he can't believe the difference in the club in 2 years & said if all clubs operated this way players wouldn't be paid overs & there would be less shopping around of contracted players.
Well this is all well and good and that warm and fuzzy feeling but unfortunately this is a success based business the organisation can not keep missing out on the finals .
Mediocrity is well intrenched through all levels at this club ... what ever it takes!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:46 am

Snake wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:41 am
momo&medo wrote:
iofthetigers wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Well this is all well and good and that warm and fuzzy feeling but unfortunately this is a success based business the organisation can not keep missing out on the finals .
Mediocrity is well intrenched through all levels at this club ... what ever it takes!
So you ready to step in. Can’t wait.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:49 am

Snake wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
iofthetigers wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:

I can agree with some of your comment Snake,however alot of successful businesses have had to rebuild and rethink their stratergies over the years to make them competative and profitable....with Ivan and the admin now establishing our culture and spendings platforms we may well be a club with solid foundations to be where we want to be ....in the fight playing finals on a regular basis....its quite easy as a supporter to demand instant sucess but people who really know and understand,these things take time and effort....the effort has been there since Ivan arrived and better things will come...stay positive and patient,dont let frustration get the better of you,because as WTs supporters,frustration has become our middle name...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:52 am

It's an honorable approach to have but if we keep on having squads of numpties being paid market value we'll never improve. Especially when other clubs can find 'creative' ways to pay players more than what we can. Or the fact that those clubs are successful means players will sign for 50-100k less a year than take more $ to be a loser.

We need stars. We are not currently attractive to stars and our ONLY lure at the moment is offering them more money. No one wants to leave a successful club with state of the art facilities that regularly makes the finals to go to a club with ancient facilities that are perennial losers.

We have to pay overs for 1-2 players to bring the necessary quality. This has to be done extremely selectively though. They must be the right players, in the right positions with the right attitude.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:21 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:52 am
It's an honorable approach to have but if we keep on having squads of numpties being paid market value we'll never improve. Especially when other clubs can find 'creative' ways to pay players more than what we can. Or the fact that those clubs are successful means players will sign for 50-100k less a year than take more $ to be a loser.

We need stars. We are not currently attractive to stars and our ONLY lure at the moment is offering them more money. No one wants to leave a successful club with state of the art facilities that regularly makes the finals to go to a club with ancient facilities that are perennial losers.

We have to pay overs for 1-2 players to bring the necessary quality. This has to be done extremely selectively though. They must be the right players, in the right positions with the right attitude.
I just think that very often purchasing highly priced stars often falls short of expectations.
Also you are in a situation whereby 2x$1M players take up over quarter of your cap space.
If we did this for next year it would mean a high risk strategy whereby we would be short on remaining squad requirements. So it’s a balancing act.
If for example we empty our bank account and boy Cleary junior and Klemmer ...... yes we have our 2 star recruits but depth is affected severely.
And they have couple of ordinary games or injury sets in ...... then see what the criticism from the fans will be about our recruitment strategy.
I just don’t see any other club (apart from the crazy roosters) who take that approach with any level of success.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:22 am

hobbo wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 8:22 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 7:59 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 7:49 pm

behind the current squad of forwards who aim a 1 in 6 on average good luck...

The Pack needs serious overhaul before you spend a Million + on a half..
Or maybe it could work the other way round ......?
How's that working for the Cowgirls..?
Thurston hung around for one year too many ...he’s baked !

2017 they were awesome .

They soooo needed to keep Ponga.Had to bite the bullet and release JT one year earlier.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:53 am

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
Whenever i feel bad about our recruitment/retention i just remember the cowboys had Ponga and Kikau in their 20s and let them both go.
I'm pretty sure cowboys had munster/holmes in their junior systems as well at some point, now that's a proper kick in the guts

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:19 am

Snake wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
iofthetigers wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
It is that particular philosophy "whatever it takes" that got us into all sorts of trouble in the first place - that we are only just starting to get out of at the moment.

You want us to get back behind the eight ball again. Hopefully the management are not listening.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:07 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
Ponga was signed for massive dollars to go to newcastle a year in advance and they wouldnt release him early.If the cows had thrown that sort of money at him while he was in lower grades they would have received a lot of flak from their supporters.
It is a very difficult balancing act keeping your juniors especially if another club tries to poach them when young

on the hill

Post by on the hill » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:34 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm
on the hill wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:03 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 5:36 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 4:25 pm
Korbin Sims has signed with Stains for 3 years .

Were we in the running ?
Of course not
Oh no! We missed out on Korbin Sims!
Yeah. Oliver Clarke is such a better signing!!
Ooooo with the Oliver Clarke insults

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:41 pm

For probably not the last time there is no E in Clarke...Clark has no E..

how hard is it.. :brick:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:41 pm
For probably not the last time there is no E in Clarke...Clark has no E..

how hard is it.. :brick:
Is Clarkey a plodder Geo ?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !