Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Chicken Faced Killa

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:10 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:54 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:30 pm
Fibros wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:21 pm
iofthetigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:43 am

Speaking with a former international who is employed with an NRL club, he believes the Tigers are very active in the market but cut off discussions when they exceed market value, he said he can't believe the difference in the club in 2 years & said if all clubs operated this way players wouldn't be paid overs & there would be less shopping around of contracted players.
Recruitment are doing a good job. People will cry either way, you pay too much or you don't sign so called marque players because of some clubs willing and able to pay overs. You can't win until you jag a player others want to play with.
Yep I like the way the club has gone about things. They are trying to have a balanced squad and pay players what they are worth. I can see us picking up a few good signings as the dust settles on the season. No point going over the top for a player just because we have cash to burn.
WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH, have a look at what forwards have gone for, BOYD, PAULO, SIMMS, they have gone for 400 to 600 thousand dollars, now lets face facts with the cap gone up these payments will be the norm for these caliber players, its seems like we have already got our 3-4 players in that price range, and it seems we will not go after players over 300 thousand, therefore we get the plodders. now if facts were correct we could have had WOODS back for 600 thousand with the dogs paying the rest. so unless the board or IVAN said no why would we not have got him. people can spin this crap we need a balance side but unless u buy 2-3 really top class players THINGS WILL REMAIN THE SAME FOR EVER.
Alright mate. How do we force a player to sign with the club?

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:27 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:52 am
It's an honorable approach to have but if we keep on having squads of numpties being paid market value we'll never improve. Especially when other clubs can find 'creative' ways to pay players more than what we can. Or the fact that those clubs are successful means players will sign for 50-100k less a year than take more $ to be a loser.

We need stars. We are not currently attractive to stars and our ONLY lure at the moment is offering them more money. No one wants to leave a successful club with state of the art facilities that regularly makes the finals to go to a club with ancient facilities that are perennial losers.

We have to pay overs for 1-2 players to bring the necessary quality. This has to be done extremely selectively though. They must be the right players, in the right positions with the right attitude.
Yep ultimately you get what you pay for. If you aren't prepared to splash out a bit for good quality then you'll always end up with average performance.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 7:35 pm
More news going around about continuing salary cap issues at the Bulldogs
And Klemmer saying he would leave if it helps his club
Is this the softening of what's to come

Has Klemmer already committed elsewhere but is waiting till the end of the year before announcing it
Dare I say it
Is this why we did not resign Woods
Is this why we are not hearing anything about new signings coming
No one really knows what is going on behind the scenes
But if klemmer is going anywhere he seems like the type of guy who would want to be with his mates
We have both Reynolds and Mbye
Two good reasons to come to the Tigers
We would have the money
He would not have to move towns
Eg Newcastle
He was linked with us before Woods moved to the dogs
We must be a very good chance to get his signature if he does move from the Dogs
And the fact that Woods wanted to come back to the Tigers
That must make Klemmer think maybe we aren't that bad at all

If you are reading this David
You are most welcome to our club of passionate supporters
We would all love to have you here
Especially JR🤞
Triple wooden spooners Newcastle are the favourites for Klemmer's signature if he's forced to leave the Dogs. Go figure...

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:43 pm

I’d pay good money for Peni Terepo. He is very underrated as a prop. Big impact as a bench player.

Hymel Hunt is the centre we could get fairly cheap and move Marsters to the back row.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:44 pm

I dont think Klemmer would like to move to Newcastle
With the Roosters signing the English winger Hall watch them release Tupou
Newcastle can have him instead

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:47 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:44 pm
Nathan Brown is enticing Klemmer to break his contract with a massive offer. Klemmer is on 650k money talks hence Klemmer comments. Dogs won’t release him though.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:54 pm

TYGA wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:47 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Nathan Brown is enticing Klemmer to break his contract with a massive offer. Klemmer is on 650k money talks hence Klemmer comments. Dogs won’t release him though.
I would say Klemmer is looking to get out
Hence his public comments about leaving if it helps the club
He wont want to wait 3 to 4 years before the Bulldogs can start to build a strong team again
Give them McQueen for Klemmer
Hell give them Sue too

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:57 pm

TYGA wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:43 pm
I’d pay good money for Peni Terepo. He is very underrated as a prop. Big impact as a bench player.

Hymel Hunt is the centre we could get fairly cheap and move Marsters to the back row.
I understand what your saying.
But I wouldn’t pay good money for Peni Terepo.
His market value would be about $250-300
You wouldn’t pay anymore than that.
Hymel Hunt has feet for hands and would only be a depth signing.
Definitely not a starting player, would prefer Chee Kam in the centres and that’s saying something.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:03 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:54 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:30 pm
Fibros wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:21 pm
iofthetigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:43 am

Speaking with a former international who is employed with an NRL club, he believes the Tigers are very active in the market but cut off discussions when they exceed market value, he said he can't believe the difference in the club in 2 years & said if all clubs operated this way players wouldn't be paid overs & there would be less shopping around of contracted players.
Recruitment are doing a good job. People will cry either way, you pay too much or you don't sign so called marque players because of some clubs willing and able to pay overs. You can't win until you jag a player others want to play with.
Yep I like the way the club has gone about things. They are trying to have a balanced squad and pay players what they are worth. I can see us picking up a few good signings as the dust settles on the season. No point going over the top for a player just because we have cash to burn.
WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH, have a look at what forwards have gone for, BOYD, PAULO, SIMMS, they have gone for 400 to 600 thousand dollars, now lets face facts with the cap gone up these payments will be the norm for these caliber players, its seems like we have already got our 3-4 players in that price range, and it seems we will not go after players over 300 thousand, therefore we get the plodders. now if facts were correct we could have had WOODS back for 600 thousand with the dogs paying the rest. so unless the board or IVAN said no why would we not have got him. people can spin this crap we need a balance side but unless u buy 2-3 really top class players THINGS WILL REMAIN THE SAME FOR EVER.
So let me get this straight. You would of paid 100k more than the Sharks actually paid to sign Woods back to our club when he actually had us down as his first preference as a club to go to when he looked to move on from the Bulldogs.
Glad your not managing our cap.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:05 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Klemmer to Sharks.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:14 pm

Fibros wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:05 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Klemmer to Sharks.
Sharks will have Fifita, Klemmer and Woods

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:38 pm

Fibros wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Klemmer to Sharks.
They dont have the money

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:02 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:38 pm
Fibros wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Klemmer to Sharks.
They dont have the money
Let them have him which will give us a chance at Xerri and their other good young players like Teig Wilton.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 7:03 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 9:38 pm
Fibros wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Klemmer to Sharks.
They dont have the money
I wouldn’t be surprised if he did sign with the Sharks as his mate in woods is there now and with Lewis retiring and maybe Gallen and possibly losing Holmes to the cows they could come up with some cash

You never say never in NRL anything is possible
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 7:53 am

One thing is for sure, he wants out of the Dogs. Saying publicly that he's willing to help the club by leaving is a creative way of asking for a release without actually asking for it.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:01 am

Hayne , Klemmer , Terapo
That would do me for a start , and I know people will say no way to Hayne but I think under Ivan he could get him back to his best ,

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:20 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:01 am
Hayne , Klemmer , Terapo
That would do me for a start , and I know people will say no way to Hayne but I think under Ivan he could get him back to his best,
This has got to be the most overused cliche on the entire forum. Its been done to death.

Hayne is a proven club killer. Every club he touches goes backwards. He's the reverse James Maloney. No thank you.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:26 am

GRN , you seem to drill every post I put in , you must be a very smart person who is only ever correct , it's only what I think , not what will happen , I have no Coaching experience so what I put up doesn't really matter , he is a club killer due to poor weak coaches , Ivan would not take his crap and at his best he is better than what we have , a player for our club was dropped to reserve grade for being 15 minutes late to training , so it goes to show Ivan takes no crap from nobody