Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

magpiecol

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by magpiecol » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:33 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 7:50 pm
I am trying to work out the direction of the club and some of the fans.

Ivan is great and has a long term plan to turn this club around and turn us into a force.

As part of the long term plan, we have signed a few players who have proven to be injury prone or average, but that is not important. These were symbolic signings to show we can attract players and to turn the culture of the club around. The important thing is who we recruit next.

The next step in the long term vision is that we will hold young players that the club has identified long term first graders in reserve grade. Further to this long term vision we will re-sign a couple of 35 year olds that have lead teams to finals 3 times in the last 14 seasons because there is no-one that has proven themselves to be better.

If our team is held together by Benji and Robbie next year, the club has no long term plan and will not play finals football during Ivan current contract, and likely the next 5 years.
Kool - aid anyone?

:blah :blah

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:37 pm

Mole is still confident Bmoz has signed with the Rorters even after they denied it.

@9_Moley

BREAKING:
Sydney Roosters denying Moley's story about signing Brett Morris.
Sad when a club lies to its own fans.
Deal is done, peeps.

Not long after

@9_Moley

CLARIFICATION:
Trent Robinson is a good man, peeps.
I have spoken to @sydneyroosters and he did not know BMoz had put pen to paper.
Thus he did not lie.
But DONE DEAL.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:38 pm

Robinson didn't know? You would think Uncle Nick keeps him in the loop.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:37 pm
Mole is still confident Bmoz has signed with the Rorters even after they denied it.

@9_Moley

BREAKING:
Sydney Roosters denying Moley's story about signing Brett Morris.
Sad when a club lies to its own fans.
Deal is done, peeps.

Not long after

@9_Moley

CLARIFICATION:
Trent Robinson is a good man, peeps.
I have spoken to @sydneyroosters and he did not know BMoz had put pen to paper.
Thus he did not lie.
But DONE DEAL.
Well of course it does not count towards their salary cap as they DO NOT HAVE ONE!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:36 am

Daniel Tupou and Sosaia Feki? Yes please.

Tupou is no stranger to injury and error-prone, but disregarding that a good player and a threat under the high ball. Sosaia Feki on the other hand, a straight beast!

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:53 am

We have to believe in Ivan, just on results last year and this year. I do believe a full season is played on a view of how the other teams will play for that full season. We came out strong early and put a few to the sword. Games our opposition would have no doubt banked 2 pts. Stuffed them didn't we. We played our game and tough on their bodies but kept us up there. Felt the pain for a while, needing something. Mybe and farah plus benji back from injury and we play our game again with a little spark. We don't need superstars just players that want to win. Ask Thompson ask Mahe ask Lawrence. Ask any plodder that wants to win. Thats how we did it in 2005 or is everyone on this forum to young to remember. We had no right that year just won it on effort and passion.
So please Ivan sign all the players everyone on this forum wants coz they all sound like making a team? Or just do your thang.😃

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 7:53 am

vlad wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:09 pm
TYGA wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm
Feki is a machine he’s a Premiership winner, 26 years old and the second strongest player at the Sharks behind Gallen. 6’1 100+ KGs he’s no midget. Feki is a better centre than a winger played there in the junior grades.

I heard we are looking at Feki and Tupou from the Roosters not sure if any of it is legit.
Tupou would make sense now that the Rorters have signed Hall & B Morris .
Tupou is a pea heart and if he was a consistently good player (not great) he would be retained by the Roosters.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:01 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 7:53 am
vlad wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Feki is a machine he’s a Premiership winner, 26 years old and the second strongest player at the Sharks behind Gallen. 6’1 100+ KGs he’s no midget. Feki is a better centre than a winger played there in the junior grades.

I heard we are looking at Feki and Tupou from the Roosters not sure if any of it is legit.
Tupou is a pea heart and if he was a consistently good player (not great) he would be retained by the Roosters.
This is the stock we get cause we can’t sign marquee players outright

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:08 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:02 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:32 am
I would give Holland a go a go - not too expensive and a goal kicker.

Played well last night - even though the opposition was z grade.
Did you see his defence last week, he made Mitch Moses look like Wayne Pearce.
Well, I saw him make some good tackles. Kept Hayne pretty quiet.

So not sure what you were watching.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:10 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:13 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 7:20 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 5:35 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:24 am

You're amazing - you just think - we'll give them x and Y and they will go.

I'll tell you - "You are dreamin'"
Gees you took the bait didnt you
No I didn't - you've said said sort of stuff before.

You were dreamin' then and you are dreamin' now.
Sure it would be a great trade for us
But that trade ain't going to happen and I know that
But you still to the bait fishy
Wake up, you got it wrong.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:15 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:08 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:02 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:32 am
I would give Holland a go a go - not too expensive and a goal kicker.

Played well last night - even though the opposition was z grade.
Did you see his defence last week, he made Mitch Moses look like Wayne Pearce.
Well, I saw him make some good tackles. Kept Hayne pretty quiet.

So not sure what you were watching.
I only watched a little bit of the Parra Dogs game
If you read my post it referred to LAST weeks game against the Raiders.
Where the Raiders scored all their points on KH side.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:20 am

tigerap wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:01 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 7:53 am
vlad wrote:
TYGA wrote:

This is the stock we get cause we can’t sign marquee players outright
True. We need to keep winning games so players know when they sign with us they might get us into the finals or top 4. No one wants to sign with a bad club otherwise you pay overs.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:26 am

Tupou actually has potential and unfortunately potential signings is all we can aim for. It was no different to what Sheens did back in 03 to 04, signed a head of guys on potential or who were on the outer.

I think everyone knows what Tupou can do and even with issues he has, he would still outright be the best winger we have.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:30 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:26 am
Tupou actually has potential and unfortunately potential signings is all we can aim for. It was no different to what Sheens did back in 03 to 04, signed a head of guys on potential or who were on the outer.

I think everyone knows what Tupou can do and even with issues he has, he would still outright be the best winger we have.
You’re talking about a player whose won a premiership and played both SOO and for Australia. Talk of “potential” has long since passed.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:35 am

I'd say a player who has failed to live up to his potential, Can be good on his day but those days are too far and to few. We need consistently good and he isn't. Besides, why buy cast offs from the Roosters, which is a sure indication their used by date has been reached.

Post by 851 » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 9:30 am
kingbrooks wrote:

You’re talking about a player whose won a premiership and played both SOO and for Australia. Talk of “potential” has long since passed.
Since coming back from injury Tupou has been really good, surprisingly good, making good yardage out of his own half, he would waltz in to our backline
Go hard or go home

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:46 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
kingbrooks wrote:

Since coming back from injury Tupou has been really good, surprisingly good, making good yardage out of his own half, he would waltz in to our backline
Absolutely. And he’s tall and fast, two things we’re lacking at the moment. Tupou would be a really good pickup for us.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 1:09 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:46 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
kingbrooks wrote:

Absolutely. And he’s tall and fast, two things we’re lacking at the moment. Tupou would be a really good pickup for us.
So that means he would replace Nofo or Thompson?. Not sure they are the players who need to be replaced.