Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Newtown

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Newtown » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:16 am

This new recruitment phase coming up will be the most important and decisive in Wests Tigers history. I hope that our club's administrators know this and act appropriately.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:21 am

Newtown wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:16 am
This new recruitment phase coming up will be the most important and decisive in Wests Tigers history. I hope that our club's administrators know this and act appropriately.
Indeed. This was the building year and next year was the year we get a to notch team.

I just got a nasty feeling that nobody is coming though.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:40 am

supercoach wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:43 am
TYGA wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:57 am
It will be an interesting offseason. There is little improvement left in this team. They are playing to their talent level for the most part.
I can’t see this lineup any better than 9th.

We need 3 class players in the starting squad. In terms of players rumoured to be on the outer Taupau, Feki, Terepo would get us in the top 8.
So true, I actually think our present roster has over achieved to probably finish 9th. You also have to ask yourself what players are still on the up, what players have plateaued and what players are on the slide.

We need a massive injection of speed size and power and no more journeymen looking for that last juicy contract
To be fair we should see improvement from Liddle, Twal, Marsters, Mbye, Brooks. This will be offset by ET, Lawrence, Packer, Mats etc declining with age. The wildcard is Reynolds if he can stay fit he is a solid player.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:45 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:21 am
Newtown wrote:
Indeed. This was the building year and next year was the year we get a to notch team.

The NRL has more leaks than the titanic so usually you get some good oil through the grape vine on who we are talking to but Iam hearing nothing and that is scary. Look at Parra, they have attracted Furgerson, forward from Canberra and maybe Napa. They are the quality we need

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:33 pm

I’m going to make a bold prediction that Reynolds will be gone either in the off season or by June 30 next year.

He has mentioned going to England earlier this year so either that or a club like the Titans that need some experience. As much as I like the bloke I can’t see what he brings to our team apart from huge heart and enthusiasm, a don’t think his skill set is something that we can build a future on.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:27 am

Not sure if posted here but have seen a few mention his name on the forum. The mole reported a few days back that Hymel Hunt will be joining the titans.
No more plodders!
:sign:

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:04 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:57 am
It will be an interesting offseason. There is little improvement left in this team. They are playing to their talent level for the most part.
I can’t see this lineup any better than 9th.

We need 3 class players in the starting squad. In terms of players rumoured to be on the outer Taupau, Feki, Terepo would get us in the top 8.
terepo, resigned with the eels.

but yes we need some bulk as it played out on sat night we could not compete with there much bigger pack, so unless we get 2-3 bigger bodies things will never change.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:09 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:33 pm
I’m going to make a bold prediction that Reynolds will be gone either in the off season or by June 30 next year.

He has mentioned going to England earlier this year so either that or a club like the Titans that need some experience. As much as I like the bloke I can’t see what he brings to our team apart from huge heart and enthusiasm, a don’t think his skill set is something that we can build a future on.
he doesnt want to leave sydney

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:28 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:45 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:21 am
Newtown wrote:

The NRL has more leaks than the titanic so usually you get some good oil through the grape vine on who we are talking to but Iam hearing nothing and that is scary. Look at Parra, they have attracted Furgerson, forward from Canberra and maybe Napa. They are the quality we need
Check through THE POM's posts on the subject. According to him, we are chasing a number of contracted players and as a result nothing will be announced until the end of the season. According to the POM this will all make sense when we see the names. (See his post on 14 August on P 902).

Incidentally, when in the past we have been chasing players and there are leaks all over the place, posters on here complain at what an unprofessional organisation we have. Now that there are no leaks, posters are complaining that they are hearing nothing.

The Club can't win.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 2:09 pm

Given it seems we are looking for a few players - mainly we need 2 or 3 outside backs into the squad with 1 centre spot open and prob 2 wing/centre in the outside backs plus a backrower and mayby a back up half

For the backrow position my target would be Ryan Matterson from the Roosters - they have too many backrowers - Crichton, Cordner, Radley, Butcher, Lui all signed to 2020 at least and Mitch Aubusson for next year. Matterson looks the odd man out and he grew up in Chester Hill so is a Western Suburbs boy. He has real talent and would be available plus the Roosters have released his brother so mayby they don't want to stay. Ryan is a great backrower and has real talent.

Outside Backs
Souths have an excess of outside backs and some good kids coming through so we should look at one of their winger/ centres - Hymel Hunt or Robert Jennings would be good solid wingers with our squad

In the centres I would look to bring Jack Bird back to Sydney - Broncos will pay some frieght and he was a great player in the centres and not many other clubs will have the money

Another option could be Daniel Tupou from the Roosters given they have signed 2 wingers to replace 1 so far I don't know where he will be

Bird and Matterson also give you flexability into either playing backrow or centre and fit that role

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 2:15 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 2:09 pm
Given it seems we are looking for a few players - mainly we need 2 or 3 outside backs into the squad with 1 centre spot open and prob 2 wing/centre in the outside backs plus a backrower and mayby a back up half

For the backrow position my target would be Ryan Matterson from the Roosters - they have too many backrowers - Crichton, Cordner, Radley, Butcher, Lui all signed to 2020 at least and Mitch Aubusson for next year. Matterson looks the odd man out and he grew up in Chester Hill so is a Western Suburbs boy. He has real talent and would be available plus the Roosters have released his brother so mayby they don't want to stay. Ryan is a great backrower and has real talent.

Outside Backs
Souths have an excess of outside backs and some good kids coming through so we should look at one of their winger/ centres - Hymel Hunt or Robert Jennings would be good solid wingers with our squad

In the centres I would look to bring Jack Bird back to Sydney - Broncos will pay some frieght and he was a great player in the centres and not many other clubs will have the money

Another option could be Daniel Tupou from the Roosters given they have signed 2 wingers to replace 1 so far I don't know where he will be

Bird and Matterson also give you flexability into either playing backrow or centre and fit that role
Agree with what you say - except Bird - he is a definite no from me.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 2:31 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:

Outside Backs

Cant argue with much of that, Good post.

Bird is a class player, i dont think this club is on a position to be too picky. We wont get a top class player without him having some rough edges.
Its an opinion!

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm

beachtiger wrote:

Reynolds won’t be going anywhere, he’s on good coin here and really he has proved a bright spark on the field for us during his appearances - albeit not many due to injuries. I believe he’ll stand up for us next year after recovering from shoulder surgery during the off season ... you can’t easily buy that sort of 100% passion, kicking ability, energy and mongrel.
I’d be happy to save a fortune by keeping Brooks and Reynolds .. let the Cleary circus move on to another town, quickest way would be the old ‘shot of of a canon’ manoeuvre.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:44 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
beachtiger wrote:

Reynolds won’t be going anywhere, he’s on good coin here and really he has proved a bright spark on the field for us during his appearances - albeit not many due to injuries. I believe he’ll stand up for us next year after recovering from shoulder surgery during the off season ... you can’t easily buy that sort of 100% passion, kicking ability, energy and mongrel.
I’d be happy to save a fortune by keeping Brooks and Reynolds .. let the Cleary circus move on to another town, quickest way would be the old ‘shot of of a canon’ manoeuvre.
I agree. He's one of the few genuine first graders we have.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 2:15 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:

Outside Backs

Agree with what you say - except Bird - he is a definite no from me.
Bird is the most overrated player in the NRL in my opinion but he must be smart, it’s not easy to get one over Wayne Bennett - with a hefty pay packet to boot!

magpiesteve

Post by magpiesteve » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:17 pm

I cannot wait to see Reynolds fit. With him outside Brooks I reckon the best is yet to come.

Post by 851 » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:33 pm

magpiesteve wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:17 pm
I cannot wait to see Reynolds fit. With him outside Brooks I reckon the best is yet to come.
Agree, plus we will probably need him as well, please Benji retire, we don't need another year
Go hard or go home

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:04 pm

I think we really have to look to our players that the club see's as FG early next season- is Gamble a 5/8 and if so give him a go and work him in with reynolds next year. The dogs are seeing real talent coming thru with some young players and i hope that we can see the same from players that we have identified