Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Cairnstigers

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:45 pm

Yeah I think Brooks is a must to keep
And Hopefully Renolds comes good next year
He is passionate and leads by example especially the kick chase and never say die attitude
Forget Nathan he doesnt want to come anyway
Instead of getting Nathan for a million plus go for a TP Junior / Kikau / Taupau type player
2 would be great and we would definitely have the money
If our forwards are smashing it up all day our backs will have more room to move
Obviously a centre and wing would be good to but we need to start in the forwards
Like to dogs have shown give some fringe players a go and some will prosper
That will leave us coin for the big names

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:47 pm

hugh1954 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:04 pm
I think we really have to look to our players that the club see's as FG early next season- is Gamble a 5/8 and if so give him a go and work him in with reynolds next year. The dogs are seeing real talent coming thru with some young players and i hope that we can see the same from players that we have identified
If we cant make the finals give him another run now

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:06 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:57 am
It will be an interesting offseason. There is little improvement left in this team. They are playing to their talent level for the most part.
I can’t see this lineup any better than 9th.

We need 3 class players in the starting squad. In terms of players rumoured to be on the outer Taupau, Feki, Terepo would get us in the top 8.
Liddle fully fit and Reynolds would be a start. Main reason we are 9th is bc no spine mid year

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:12 pm

hugh1954 wrote:
I think we really have to look to our players that the club see's as FG early next season- is Gamble a 5/8 and if so give him a go and work him in with reynolds next year. The dogs are seeing real talent coming thru with some young players and i hope that we can see the same from players that we have identified

Demps will be along soon to shut you down.

Me i appreciate the different opinion.
Its an opinion!

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:13 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:33 pm
I’m going to make a bold prediction that Reynolds will be gone either in the off season or by June 30 next year.

He has mentioned going to England earlier this year so either that or a club like the Titans that need some experience. As much as I like the bloke I can’t see what he brings to our team apart from huge heart and enthusiasm, a don’t think his skill set is something that we can build a future on.
Your kidding aren’t you? Did enough in 30mins to suggest he is going to be a valuable addition. He is the type of player that lifts a team when it is flat

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:26 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:47 pm
hugh1954 wrote:
I’d be playing Gamble at centre. He’s a big body with speed and footwork

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm

hugh1954 wrote:
Please not Gamble, he was horrible against Canberra. He's not worth taking Brooks or Reynolds or even Benji out of the team for.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm

joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hugh1954 wrote:
Please not Gamble, he was horrible against Canberra. He's not worth taking Brooks or Reynolds or even Benji out of the team for.
He had a lot of mates in that game. He is a very talented player. Give him the last couple of games. No pressure. Could go ok.

:righton:

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:41 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:13 pm
beachtiger wrote:
I’m going to make a bold prediction that Reynolds will be gone either in the off season or by June 30 next year.

He has mentioned going to England earlier this year so either that or a club like the Titans that need some experience. As much as I like the bloke I can’t see what he brings to our team apart from huge heart and enthusiasm, a don’t think his skill set is something that we can build a future on.
Your kidding aren’t you? Did enough in 30mins to suggest he is going to be a valuable addition. He is the type of player that lifts a team when it is flat
Larry Corowa - just noticed your username, they were the days with Larry outsprinting everyone, scoring 4 tries a game for Balmain .. thanks for the memory jolt.
Do you remember David Grant? He played same time as Larry. Grant was an absolute machine!!! He used to line up attackers and hit them 100 miles an hour with a massive shoulder charge, cleaned up Charlie Frith big time at Redfern Oval one day ... ahhh, the memories.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:51 am

WswWt wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:26 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:47 pm
hugh1954 wrote:
I’d be playing Gamble at centre. He’s a big body with speed and footwork
Cant tackle. Can't defend. Has no idea.
Runs around like a headless chook, making horrible kicks and selfish plays....

Another flash in the pan state cup God that won't ever see a finals game in the NRL but could be a Michael Parker Walsh Q cup hero.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hugh1954 wrote:
X2

Real talk.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

Charlie Gubb is available......

The one that got away.
#Unbeatable

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:53 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:41 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
beachtiger wrote:

Larry Corowa - just noticed your username, they were the days with Larry outsprinting everyone, scoring 4 tries a game for Balmain .. thanks for the memory jolt.
Do you remember David Grant? He played same time as Larry. Grant was an absolute machine!!! He used to line up attackers and hit them 100 miles an hour with a massive shoulder charge, cleaned up Charlie Frith big time at Redfern Oval one day ... ahhh, the memories.
Yes....I remember my dad calling grant a big log for hogging the ball and not passing to Larry....I was 7. But can still remember the crowd standing as soon as he got the ball...Ellery Hanley only bloke who came close in terms of impact

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:22 am

Demps wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

The one that got away.
Thank God for that!!!! Just another Gonk!

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:14 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:41 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
beachtiger wrote:

David "Nana" Grant (1956–1994) was an Australian rugby league footballer of the 1970s and 1980s. He played for a number of teams in the New South Wales Rugby Football League (NSWRFL) competition.

Originally from Dubbo New South Wales Dubbo Cyms in rural New South Wales, Grant moved to Sydney and made his debut with the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 1976. The following year he moved to play for the Eastern Suburbs Roosters for one season, becoming the club's 678th capped player, before moving to spend four years with the Balmain Tigers. Upon leaving Balmain, the back-rower was named as the captain of the newly formed Canberra Raiders in its inaugural season in the New South Wales Rugby Football League premiership.

In Grant's first season he was selected to play for a Sydney representative team that toured New Zealand.

Grant was just 38 when he died of a heart attack in 1994.

Curly Tiger

Post by Curly Tiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:22 am

We lack the x factor in the pack that a Tapau, Tapine, Pangai Jnr, Kikau brings. I get they are thin on the ground but that to me is our biggest need, with that the rest of our pack fills out pretty nicely. Matterson types are fine and he's a great player, Cory Oates, again a fine player, just don't think they're the types our pack needs

Our second centre is a problem, as is speed in general across our backline. A James Robert's type is what's missing out wide. Kelly from Manly has been mentioned and he'd be ideal I'd say, surely it's a chance manly seem to be a rabble which also maybe makes Tapau a chance in the pack as well

And in the halves, Benj and Reynolds just feel like OK options, they aren't really going to create something out of nothing on a regular basis. Again a quick 6/7 would complement Brooksy well. Other than the obvious who, maybe one of the Storm or Knights young guys? Or the young guys behind Cleary/Maloney at Penrith or the Warrior's back up half, Lino

The names above aren't who we should target, they are just the type of player we should be chasing to fill out our squad, surely we have some cap space, let's see what Ivan and co can do with it

Hodgo and even Sheensy should have a good eye on the UK form, maybe that is an option for one or more

Fill those three with quality and I know that's a big ask, then I reckon we have a team to contend with in 2019

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:53 am

Demps wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

The one that got away.
Going to UK and he can stay there

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:55 am

Curly Tiger wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:22 am
We lack the x factor in the pack that a Tapau, Tapine, Pangai Jnr, Kikau brings. I get they are thin on the ground but that to me is our biggest need, with that the rest of our pack fills out pretty nicely. Matterson types are fine and he's a great player, Cory Oates, again a fine player, just don't think they're the types our pack needs

Our second centre is a problem, as is speed in general across our backline. A James Robert's type is what's missing out wide. Kelly from Manly has been mentioned and he'd be ideal I'd say, surely it's a chance manly seem to be a rabble which also maybe makes Tapau a chance in the pack as well

And in the halves, Benj and Reynolds just feel like OK options, they aren't really going to create something out of nothing on a regular basis. Again a quick 6/7 would complement Brooksy well. Other than the obvious who, maybe one of the Storm or Knights young guys? Or the young guys behind Cleary/Maloney at Penrith or the Warrior's back up half, Lino

The names above aren't who we should target, they are just the type of player we should be chasing to fill out our squad, surely we have some cap space, let's see what Ivan and co can do with it

Hodgo and even Sheensy should have a good eye on the UK form, maybe that is an option for one or more

Fill those three with quality and I know that's a big ask, then I reckon we have a team to contend with in 2019
Great post mate I think you’re spot on!