Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

magpiecol

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by magpiecol » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:54 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:18 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm
Brad Takairangi supposedly told he can leave Parra if he gets a deal elsewhere.A big strong body that can play second row and centre.
Wouldn't say no to Takairangi, he goes good.
So you want to buy someone who can't make first grade in the side that got the wooden spoon?

:brick:

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:57 pm

The Queen wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:20 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:55 pm
The Queen wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 4:53 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 3:24 pm

Yep, Jason Taylor if memory serves me correctly.

And we still got to top up his contract for three years running
forum myth

Not a myth he sign a contract with the Tigers and Taylor did not want him The Tigers made up the rest of the money
He was signed before Taylor got here but the signing would have put us further over the cap, so JT did the only thing he could under the circumstances. He may have done things for which he could rightly be criticised but this was not one of them; it coincided with us having to offload players who were already here. let alone bring in others.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:26 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:54 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Brad Takairangi supposedly told he can leave Parra if he gets a deal elsewhere.A big strong body that can play second row and centre.
So you want to buy someone who can't make first grade in the side that got the wooden spoon?

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I'm not even going to bother explaining to you why I think he would be a good signing for us. It's just not worth the effort!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:41 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
gallagher wrote:

He played 15 1st grade games this year including their last game of the year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:59 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 3:26 pm
kingbrooks wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm
To the post above.... The Salary Cap is there, but some clubs are spending millions more than others due to the quality of their TPAS.

Roosters also have no juniors but they attract players based on their location and the fact they can pay a bit more with TPAs. So its not really even.
Well clubs are not spending millions more through TPAs, they are potentially gaining an advantage through more lucrative TPAs. They aren't spending the money, someone else is, and officially the club and TPA are supposed to be at arm's length.

Obviously I'm no fool to consider TPAs are even, but also we have no idea of the totals of the TPAs - NRL claims that teams aren't as far apart as fans might think. Hence why I believe it's a good idea to publicise player salaries and TPAs, to make it all transparent.

In terms of juniors, I agree with you and it's not a question about evenness. It's about journo comments that a big junior system makes for a more enticing club, which I think is rubbish, as proven by the Roosters.
If you believe the NRL , TPA's are at their lowest level for a long while

But I think you also have to believe in Loch Ness Monster , Bunyips , Yetis before that works

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:16 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:59 pm
jirskyr wrote:
kingbrooks wrote:
To the post above.... The Salary Cap is there, but some clubs are spending millions more than others due to the quality of their TPAS.

Roosters also have no juniors but they attract players based on their location and the fact they can pay a bit more with TPAs. So its not really even.
Well clubs are not spending millions more through TPAs, they are potentially gaining an advantage through more lucrative TPAs. They aren't spending the money, someone else is, and officially the club and TPA are supposed to be at arm's length.

Obviously I'm no fool to consider TPAs are even, but also we have no idea of the totals of the TPAs - NRL claims that teams aren't as far apart as fans might think. Hence why I believe it's a good idea to publicise player salaries and TPAs, to make it all transparent.

In terms of juniors, I agree with you and it's not a question about evenness. It's about journo comments that a big junior system makes for a more enticing club, which I think is rubbish, as proven by the Roosters.

But I think you also have to believe in Loch Ness Monster , Bunyips , Yetis before that works
Believing in tooth fairies is more believable than what the NRL says

yeti

Post by yeti » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:23 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:59 pm
jirskyr wrote:
kingbrooks wrote:

Hey! Lay off the Yetis! They're real I tells ya !!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:56 am

The Queen wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
The Queen wrote:
WT2K wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 3:24 pm

Yep, Jason Taylor if memory serves me correctly.

forum myth

Not a myth he sign a contract with the Tigers and Taylor did not want him The Tigers made up the rest of the money
This is all ive seen on the topic, posts like yours on this forum that prove nothing...maybe I was away at the time?

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:01 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:56 am
The Queen wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
The Queen wrote:

forum myth

This is all ive seen on the topic, posts like yours on this forum that prove nothing...maybe I was away at the time?

Just do a search I think it was in both the telegraph the Herald and Zero tackle Parramatta was smart or lucky whichever way you look at it

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:20 am

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:24 am

Google to the rescue again lol. But but , if I didn’t know about it then it didn’t happen lol lol.

Curly Tiger

Post by Curly Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:19 am

Below is proof that the Panthers are looking to get out of Merrin's last two years. It comes from a dude who calls himself the Masked Panther and is from a Panther's mouthpiece paper, the Western Weekender. Grubby approach

Which Panthers first grader is actually banned from entering Panthers Leagues Club? It didn’t stop him being on site last weekend.

Concerns are growing about Trent Merrin and his poor finish to the season. The 28-year-old is on big money at the Panthers but was disappointing at the back end of the year and, rumour has it, is becoming less and less focused on football. It hasn’t gone unnoticed that Merrin makes himself the centre of attention in the club’s victory song after games, despite his poor performances on the field.

Link gives more on other things which are of interest:
http://westernweekender.com.au/2018/09/ ... one-to-go/

cochise

Post by cochise » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:49 am

Curly Tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:19 am
Below is proof that the Panthers are looking to get out of Merrin's last two years. It comes from a dude who calls himself the Masked Panther and is from a Panther's mouthpiece paper, the Western Weekender. Grubby approach

Which Panthers first grader is actually banned from entering Panthers Leagues Club? It didn’t stop him being on site last weekend.

Concerns are growing about Trent Merrin and his poor finish to the season. The 28-year-old is on big money at the Panthers but was disappointing at the back end of the year and, rumour has it, is becoming less and less focused on football. It hasn’t gone unnoticed that Merrin makes himself the centre of attention in the club’s victory song after games, despite his poor performances on the field.

Those are two seperate stories you have put in your post and in your post it sounds like Merrin is the player band from the club, which is not the case.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:11 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:20 am
Fair enough, yeah I see now

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... f08e00beb7
But I think the Tigers should have keep him for the contract would have help more then some of the other player they signed

Curly Tiger

Post by Curly Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:34 am

cochise wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:49 am
Curly Tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:19 am

Those are two seperate stories you have put in your post and in your post it sounds like Merrin is the player band from the club, which is not the case.
Apologies, that was the way I read it but I see you are probably right. That aside it's still a carve up of Merrin

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:41 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
gallagher wrote:

He played 15 1st grade games this year including their last game of the year.
Yes and spent 8 weeks on the sidelines early in the season with a fractured eye socket, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument eh Col.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm

Takairangi wouldn’t be the worst signing and would be better than a few on the books already but I’d be hoping for someone of a bit higher quality.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:01 pm

Lol you've got no idea if you don't think Takairangi would be an upgrade and he also offers versatility.