Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

tiger05premier

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by tiger05premier » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:04 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:59 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:57 am
Maguire will be gone to Manly if we don't act soon.
I hope Pascoe and go are sounding him out behind the scenes.
Hopefully they are

I did mention in a post yesterday though that on a newcastle radio station they said Manly are deciding between Madge and Cartwright

Hope we are more appealing to Madge than Manly is if indeed we do need a coach

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:19 am

Heard a rumour that the Cleary to Penrith saga cost us Curtis Rona. . . . . .
Its an opinion!

palms

Post by palms » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:27 am

I think the worrying thing for me is if we were in line to sign any player of decent worth there would be some sort of smoke, There always is. Even the Matterson signing was talked about a fair bit in the lead up. We have been linked to no one, which leads me to believe the mediocracy bus will roll on.
The laughing stock of Australian sport.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:33 am

2041 wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:47 am
Russell wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:33 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:19 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:35 pm

Ok Nuck - whom do you recommend???
Maguire or ivan
If Toovey and Maguire are in the same mould - and you say no to one - you have to say no to the other.

You do realise Madge is Maguire don't you?
That makes no sense at all. Maguire and Toovey may be a similar type of coach but it's perfectly possible to believe one is better thsn the other. I've heard credible stories that Toovey is tactically clueless - that it's all "firing up" and not much substance with him - which certainly isn't something you coukd say about Maguire, who if anything demands too much structure from his sides.

Personally I wouldn't be totally thrilled with either, but I could talk myself into Maguire while I'd be pretty certain Toovey would be a disaster.
I wouldn't want Toovey anywhere near the place.
"Quality Stupidity"

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:42 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:33 am
2041 wrote:
Russell wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:19 pm

Maguire or ivan
If Toovey and Maguire are in the same mould - and you say no to one - you have to say no to the other.

That makes no sense at all. Maguire and Toovey may be a similar type of coach but it's perfectly possible to believe one is better thsn the other. I've heard credible stories that Toovey is tactically clueless - that it's all "firing up" and not much substance with him - which certainly isn't something you coukd say about Maguire, who if anything demands too much structure from his sides.

Personally I wouldn't be totally thrilled with either, but I could talk myself into Maguire while I'd be pretty certain Toovey would be a disaster.
I don't beleive we're at the stage of needing a new coach. I am an optimist and believe Cleary will agree to an extension which is the best outcome if POM's information that he is onside with all the players remains current. Talk of Magure is a huge blow as I believe his style would set the club back years. Barrett who remains popular with the Manly players is the star in that field.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:45 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:42 am
NT Tiger wrote:
2041 wrote:
Russell wrote:

I don't beleive we're at the stage of needing a new coach. I am an optimist and believe Cleary will agree to an extension which is the best outcome if POM's information that he is onside with all the players remains current. Talk of Magure is a huge blow as I believe his style would set the club back years. Barrett who remains popular with the Manly players is the star in that field.
I'm with you regarding a new coach. My comment was more a comment about Toovey as a coach.
"Quality Stupidity"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:57 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:19 am
Heard a rumour that the Cleary to Penrith saga cost us Curtis Rona. . . . . .
Post of the decade :D

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:58 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:45 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
2041 wrote:

I'm with you regarding a new coach. My comment was more a comment about Toovey as a coach.
Toovey has had his day. I just hope we don't have to employ a new coach.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:06 am

I am dumbfounded that the club has not address this coaching issue as every day it goes on it pushes the club back.. Even the players don't know whats happening and Brooks even said it would be hard to play under Ivan if he signed elsewhere.. JOKE.. How are you even asking for a top quality player to come here when they our current players don't even know the coach is staying..
Once again we work so hard to improve the image of the club and this rubbish happens (I know it Panthers fault and not our) and us fans are left to ponder again..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:13 am

hsvjones wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:06 am
I am dumbfounded that the club has not address this coaching issue as every day it goes on it pushes the club back.. Even the players don't know whats happening and Brooks even said it would be hard to play under Ivan if he signed elsewhere.. JOKE.. How are you even asking for a top quality player to come here when they our current players don't even know the coach is staying..
Once again we work so hard to improve the image of the club and this rubbish happens (I know it Panthers fault and not our) and us fans are left to ponder again..
They’ve addressed the issue 2 or 3 times...

Post by 2041 » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:21 am

hsvjones wrote:
I suspect the club is trying to get it resolved as soon as possible. Not sure what else you want them to do really. If the plan as reported on here is true (ie offer Cleary an extension with a deadline to accept or leave) I think most of us would agree it's the best option available for a situation that's beyond the club's control. And if that is the case they have to give Cleary some reasonable amount of time to consider his options: you can't say "sign on the spot or walk" in the real world.

The person who is really weeing in the Tigers' soup is Ivan Cleary. He's doing all this at a critical time for recruitment, and in a way that risks setting the Tigers back by years just when they seem to have turned a corner (and not just on the field - apparently the club is about to report its first profit for god knows how long, and it's clearly a more professionally run organisation nowadays).

Obviously Gould and the Panthers are playing this in a pretty unethical manner but equally they don't owe the Tigers anything - so far as they're concerned they're making the move to get the coach they want when they think they can get him (putting aside that they sacked the same guy two years ago!).

As fans, I think all we can do to support the club is be as patient as we can. We're not locked in negotiations with a 25-year-old Jonathan Thurston; really if we're honest we're probably not going to miss out on the Player Who Makes All The Difference if we have to wait a couple of weeks for this to be resolved. Good players come up for signing all the time, and in fact it's probably better to wait for the right ones to become available than to rush to spend all the cap money just to show the fans you're in the market (*cough* Reynolds *cough*).

Personally I'm willing to assume that the club is trying to get this resolved ASAP and to hope that at the same time they're exploring options if - as seems most likely - Cleary isn't here next year.

You never know. Maybe we'll appoint the next super coach who none of us have even considered, Cleary will go back to the Panthers, lead them to a pair of dynamic injury-plagued ninth place finishes and get the sack by Gould at the end of the 2020 season. My money's on Ricky Stuart to replace him.

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:24 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
2041 wrote:
Russell wrote:

Barrett is the one. Don't judge him by the Manly situation.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:28 am

2041 wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:21 am
hsvjones wrote:
I suspect the club is trying to get it resolved as soon as possible. Not sure what else you want them to do really. If the plan as reported on here is true (ie offer Cleary an extension with a deadline to accept or leave) I think most of us would agree it's the best option available for a situation that's beyond the club's control. And if that is the case they have to give Cleary some reasonable amount of time to consider his options: you can't say "sign on the spot or walk" in the real world.

The person who is really weeing in the Tigers' soup is Ivan Cleary. He's doing all this at a critical time for recruitment, and in a way that risks setting the Tigers back by years just when they seem to have turned a corner (and not just on the field - apparently the club is about to report its first profit for god knows how long, and it's clearly a more professionally run organisation nowadays).

Obviously Gould and the Panthers are playing this in a pretty unethical manner but equally they don't owe the Tigers anything - so far as they're concerned they're making the move to get the coach they want when they think they can get him (putting aside that they sacked the same guy two years ago!).

As fans, I think all we can do to support the club is be as patient as we can. We're not locked in negotiations with a 25-year-old Jonathan Thurston; really if we're honest we're probably not going to miss out on the Player Who Makes All The Difference if we have to wait a couple of weeks for this to be resolved. Good players come up for signing all the time, and in fact it's probably better to wait for the right ones to become available than to rush to spend all the cap money just to show the fans you're in the market (*cough* Reynolds *cough*).

Personally I'm willing to assume that the club is trying to get this resolved ASAP and to hope that at the same time they're exploring options if - as seems most likely - Cleary isn't here next year.

You never know. Maybe we'll appoint the next super coach who none of us have even considered, Cleary will go back to the Panthers, lead them to a pair of dynamic injury-plagued ninth place finishes and get the sack by Gould at the end of the 2020 season. My money's on Ricky Stuart to replace him.
Great post mate.. As a supporter its just hard to remain patient knowing we might lose out on Ivan and another top coach and be left with another Rookie so to speak..

My Fingers are crossed for an outcome sooner rather than later. Cheers

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:13 am
hsvjones wrote:
They’ve addressed the issue 2 or 3 times...
I understand what you are saying but disagree sorry mate..
It is still one of the main stories in NRL at current and even Players don't know what happening and that's a concern in itself.
Ivan reading a prepared statement is not closure to me but time will tell.
The only way for this to close is for Ivan to announce himself whats happening and until than this forum page will increase every day with speculation.

Deffsnotacop

Post by Deffsnotacop » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 9:28 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
2041 wrote:
Russell wrote:

Barrett would be a terrible option. We don't need a coach that want to get on with all the players. We don't need someone who will be considered "one of the boys".

At least with Madge he doesn't care about playing favourites or anything, he cares about results.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 9:39 am

palms wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
I think the worrying thing for me is if we were in line to sign any player of decent worth there would be some sort of smoke, There always is. Even the Matterson signing was talked about a fair bit in the lead up. We have been linked to no one, which leads me to believe the mediocracy bus will roll on.
The laughing stock of Australian sport.
Now tell me how any of this is WT doing for them to be the the laughing stock.
Really?

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 9:42 am

It looks like suddenly we have more fans than during the season, people that don't comment games, are out in force for another season of ’let's kill another coach’ 👎😡 :crazy

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 9:46 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
2041 wrote:
Russell wrote:

I really not think there is a coach that would currently fit the bill.
Kent on NRL 360 reported last night that he spoke to WT management yesterday. Was told there is no change to their stance on this matter. They and he believe that best option for Cleary to continue and (if he wants to go to Panthers) then when the right coach is on the market they sign him and negotiate Cleary release.
Better than a knee jerk reaction to sign any of the bunch that are awailable/ willing to commit to us for now.