Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

AnnandaleTiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:41 pm

Matt lodge too thanks

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:03 pm

Prefer not to Lodge a contract for Matt myself.

Scrapping the barrel imo.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:07 pm

vlad wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:05 pm
FWIW , Old booze head Buzz on NRL360 speculated that because George Mimmis is the manager of both IC & Wayne Bennett that a deal might done that lands WB at the WTs

If bringing TPJ on a long term contract Is part of that scenario then giddy up .
Throw in Oates for good measure too 😅
No more plodders!
:sign:

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:29 pm

IF Cleary moves to Penrith next year, Bennet is the only good option for us as far as next year is concerned.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:46 pm

I just want all this rubbish to end so we can get on with it.. Go or Stay I don't care but this is clearly effecting our recruitment and that is what is pis%ing me off.
As a club trying to improve we cannot afford to miss quality players at all..

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:26 pm

Coaching speculation kills Segeyaro signing
The mess at Wests Tigers has cost the club the prized signature of match-winning Cronulla hooker James Segeyaro.

I’m hearing that Segeyaro was all set to sign with the Tigers a couple of weeks ago - and would have been a great recruit for the club.

But the uncertainty over the future of coach Ivan Cleary at the time saw Segeyaro’s management baulk at the prospect of joining the club.

The Sharks star is now tossing up between the Bulldogs and the Knights, with Cronulla unlikely to keep him.

Other players have also doubtless taken a similar approach to Segayaro, steering clear of the Tigers.

Cleary has committed to the club for next season, but the way rugby league works, he could still end up at the Panthers.

And if he is not at Penrith in 2019, he will almost certainly be there in 2020.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm

What a joke. Gus and Cleary have thrown the club under the bus.
Last edited by Defiant on Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:42 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:39 pm
helmesy wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:32 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:30 pm
Tigersmurf wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:19 pm

Now that would be front page news!!

WB advised Bellamy not to come here, so he would need to be desperate for a run to make that decision. Plus I have heard that his support staff cost a fortune which would be a massive impediment.
Old old news your referring to.
He bailed on that advice because our administrative structure was in termouil at the time and Bennet was aware of that.
Different story now.
That’s also more than 15 years ago.
.....and we've been heaps stable since then.
More chance of Gus Gould coaching us than Wayne Bennet

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:47 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 5:55 pm
This is exactly what I’m taking about with Cleary. He should be fined for bringing the club into disrepute plus damaging the brand. Surely his contract would stipulate something like this. I am so mad about this crap.

He has cost us new recruits given his uncertainty - jerk!
Really? Who were these players?

I have read some of your other postings and you really should lay off the funny cigarettes and the Kool-aid.

:crazy :crazy

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:59 pm

Every good judge has come out and said Cleary has to go. We are delusional if we think it will work over the next year or two.
We need to face facts Penrith outplayed us and it’s check mate. Big test for Pascoe now outsmarted by Gus can he make it work. Admittedly this is all on Ivan very unprofessional and unethical behaviour but we are in a position to withstand treachery.

If Pascoe can sign Bennett or Maguire hats off to him but if we stick through this circus for two years we will be wishing for a return from JT.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:58 am

hsvjones wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:45 pm
supercoach wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:03 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:26 pm
The mess at Wests Tigers has cost the club the prized signature of match-winning Cronulla hooker James Segeyaro.

I’m hearing that Segeyaro was all set to sign with the Tigers a couple of weeks ago - and would have been a great recruit for the club.

But the uncertainty over the future of coach Ivan Cleary at the time saw Segeyaro’s management baulk at the prospect of joining the club.

The Sharks star is now tossing up between the Bulldogs and the Knights, with Cronulla unlikely to keep him.

Other players have also doubtless taken a similar approach to Segayaro, steering clear of the Tigers.

Cleary has committed to the club for next season, but the way rugby league works, he could still end up at the Panthers.

This is all probably BS.......but till Pascoe or Cleary and preferably both come out and start making some public statements other than a poor 30 second prepared press release this crap will not go away. Guys damage is being done, a little bit of honesty goes a long way
Agree.. Been saying this for weeks... Until they come out and actually answer questions and give some honest answers this will only get worse... I have had enough of this and the people that think that it is not effecting anything need to get there heads out of the sand..
I don't see how the Segeyaro rumor has any legs to it. If Robbie retired then yeah, maybe. Chasing Segeyaro doesn't make any sense if we've re-signed Farah.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 1:44 am

Fraze23 wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:58 am
hsvjones wrote:
supercoach wrote:
TYGA wrote:

This is all probably BS.......but till Pascoe or Cleary and preferably both come out and start making some public statements other than a poor 30 second prepared press release this crap will not go away. Guys damage is being done, a little bit of honesty goes a long way
Agree.. Been saying this for weeks... Until they come out and actually answer questions and give some honest answers this will only get worse... I have had enough of this and the people that think that it is not effecting anything need to get there heads out of the sand..
I don't see how the Segeyaro rumor has any legs to it. If Robbie retired then yeah, maybe. Chasing Segeyaro doesn't make any sense if we've re-signed Farah.
Thank you....unless Segeyaro is all of a sudden a hard running prop we don’t need him....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:03 am

Fraze23 wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:58 am
hsvjones wrote:
supercoach wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Apparently The Dogs whos coach is off contract next year is preferable to us...but we lost his signature due to our ''coaching mess''

Yeah right...some people will run with anything

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 7:20 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:03 am
Apparently The Dogs whos coach is off contract next year is preferable to us...but we lost his signature due to our ''coaching mess''

Yeah right...some people will run with anything
And people believe it as well. We'll have a team next year. It'll be better than this year. Players will come here. We didn't need Segeyaro anyway even though that story sounds fake.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 7:30 am

If it was segiyaro them I'm cool with that. But if i was a betting man I would have thought it was CHN that we missed out on.

But I personally don't believe it has anything to do with the coach and the coaches contract term. So the the thought is he chose Pay who has 1 yr left on his contract over Cleary. And he is leaving a club that just sacked a coach that was still contracted and was in the top 8.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 7:42 am

A coach with a year to run on his contract is not the same as a coach who might have signed with another club.

Almost every single new recruit goes to a club knowing the coach only has a short term contract. They go knowing that if all goes well that coach will be renewed and life goes on.

Its absolutely nothing like the hypothetical situation of going to a club where they know the current coach is leaving to join another club at the end of the season/contract.
Its an opinion!

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 7:52 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 7:42 am
A coach with a year to run on his contract is not the same as a coach who might have signed with another club.

Almost every single new recruit goes to a club knowing the coach only has a short term contract. They go knowing that if all goes well that coach will be renewed and life goes on.

Its absolutely nothing like the hypothetical situation of going to a club where they know the current coach is leaving to join another club at the end of the season/contract.
Correct

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 8:40 am

TYGA wrote:

Do we have a source for this and if we do can you include details rather than just posting out of nowhere. Thanks.