Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

the third

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by the third » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:04 pm

If Ivan reckons media pressure has been strong this year... he better hope he wins next year. He’s a liability where ever he is next year

palms

Post by palms » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:26 pm

I don't mind this move to be honest. As long as he brings Oates, TPJ and Lodge along for the ride.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:26 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
Does this mean we have to pay out another coach?
I wouldn't think WT would let him go and have to pay his as well.
More likely that Panthers are compensating us.
If that's the case Gus is paying Griffin, Ciraldo, and Cleary twice.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:32 pm

Good

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:11 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 8:58 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 8:40 pm
So from what I've read...

Cleary struck a deal with the Panthers for 2021 and onwards.
The board have found out about this and are subsequently looking to release Cleary and find a new coach ASAP.

IMO it's good management by the board, they are seeing the same long-term and short-term consequences to be had by keeping Cleary on board in regards to recruitment, etc (that many on here have mentioned). On to a new Tigers (& Clearyless) era!!!!
Heard that he is gone from 2019 and Panthers are paying his salary out to us.

Lets hope so as I have lost ALL for him and want a coach that is actually committed to the club.. I believe Wayne B would be an excellent choice as he has something to prove and also can attract the quality players we need. I also thing he would hang around for a few years until we grown and get a quality replacement for him.. Fingers crossed as I have had enough of all this rubbish.
If Tigers are to simply accept Penrith paying out Ivan’s contract, they’re just paying us now what we would eventually pay. I don’t see that as compensation as it’s the same dollar figure. If they want him now, they need to sweeten the deal either financially or with some decent players.

Tigers need to make Penrith sweat. Could we legally sign Bennett and keep Cleary? Tell Penrith they can have him in 2 years and Cleary can run the waters.

It might hurt our bank, but it’d be worth it to watch Gus and Cleary squirm thinking they outplayed us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:17 pm

I'd take Darius as a centre to be honest as long as he is prepared to take a pay cut

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm

Don’t think Darius will follow Wayne this time. Shame. He’d come in pretty handy.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm

Wouldn't mind him on the wing. Cheap and experienced

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:29 pm

Darius is all grown up now. he will go out on his ownsome
Its an opinion!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm
Don’t think Darius will follow Wayne this time. Shame. He’d come in pretty handy.
He's already stated that he wouldn't follow Wayne to another club.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:33 pm

tigertye wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:11 pm
hsvjones wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

The board have found out about this and are subsequently looking to release Cleary and find a new coach ASAP.

IMO it's good management by the board, they are seeing the same long-term and short-term consequences to be had by keeping Cleary on board in regards to recruitment, etc (that many on here have mentioned). On to a new Tigers (& Clearyless) era!!!!

Lets hope so as I have lost ALL for him and want a coach that is actually committed to the club.. I believe Wayne B would be an excellent choice as he has something to prove and also can attract the quality players we need. I also thing he would hang around for a few years until we grown and get a quality replacement for him.. Fingers crossed as I have had enough of all this rubbish.
If Tigers are to simply accept Penrith paying out Ivan’s contract, they’re just paying us now what we would eventually pay. I don’t see that as compensation as it’s the same dollar figure. If they want him now, they need to sweeten the deal either financially or with some decent players.

Tigers need to make Penrith sweat. Could we legally sign Bennett and keep Cleary? Tell Penrith they can have him in 2 years and Cleary can run the waters.

It might hurt our bank, but it’d be worth it to watch Gus and Cleary squirm thinking they outplayed us.
I would love to see us make Panthers wait however that would just affect us still and make us look petty plus this circus would continue .. Even though we did nothing wrong...

He must be getting a lot of money as why would you want to work for the guy that fired you only 3 years ago and clearly does not keep coaches long term..

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:02 pm

Well i think penrith will give us player compensation and i'd take out the ones they would offer either:

Merrin
Tamou
Waqa Blake (would sort out centre problems)
Yeo ( one of the most underated NRL players)
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:07 pm

God, the player compensation posts are starting again :brick:

Not gonna happen.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:07 pm
God, the player compensation posts are starting again :brick:

Not gonna happen.
Well I agree .... doubt that will happen. Too hard to organise.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:23 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:33 pm
tigertye wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:11 pm
hsvjones wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

I would love to see us make Panthers wait however that would just affect us still and make us look petty plus this circus would continue .. Even though we did nothing wrong...

He must be getting a lot of money as why would you want to work for the guy that fired you only 3 years ago and clearly does not keep coaches long term..
If he doesn’t want t be hear let him go.
Why keep him around?
He’s just lost a huge portion of integrity and I wonder if he will have the same effect on players after his actions were not that of his words.
His ability to get trust and belief from a playing group now I think may be harder.

The difference in our team and the competitive nature he brought to us was great, but after what’s gone down and the fashion in which it played out I don’t think he can stay.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:28 pm

I would have Darius in the centres out of all our current blokes except Marsters...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:31 pm

Look at this mess Ivan Cleary has created for Himself and our club
The pressure he will find himself in over the next few years will be immense
In fact Ivan Nathan and Gus will all feel the pressure if they dont succeed and win a premiership in the next two years
He must be thinking by now was it really worth the mess the stress and the pressure
I think not
It was a premature decision
All this could have been avoided if Ivan had waited till the end of his tenure before talking to Penrith
I doesnt matter if has signed with Penrith or not
The fact is he set the wheels in motion and has no one to blame but himself for the position he finds himself in now
By the end of all this Ivan will need another break from Coaching
Deja Vu

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:46 pm

Anyone have a rough idea on how much $$ we have left in our cap.. Tyga, possibly you if you're lurking about..
No more plodders!
:sign: