Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Earl

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Earl » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:19 am

batboy wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm
Fact is - I'd be surprised if he's not in the bottom 4 starting second rowers in the game...
And he's our "best"? - I see that as a real issue...
Who is better than him ? On the left edge I'd have Kikau, Wade Graham (pretty close) & Tariq Sims (pretty close). I see Lawrence as one of the better edge second rowers in the game at the moment. He runs great lines with speed and power on that left edge and he makes his tackles most of the time.

He was probably our best forward last year and he is no plodder. Plus he is a good guy.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:56 pm
I get the suggestion that Pascoe was in NZ recruiting a new player , not coach

Any word on that ??
Hopefully a big, fast outside back

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:17 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:14 am
happy tiger wrote:

Any word on that ??
Such as?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 12:38 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:17 am
larrycorowa wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Any word on that ??
Such as?
I suppose when you think of it , it could have been any Tongan ,Australian or Warriors player ........possibly even a player gone back home to NZ ........the list gets bigger and bigger

Still waiting to hear if it was even the case ........

batboy

Post by batboy » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:19 am
batboy wrote:
Fact is - I'd be surprised if he's not in the bottom 4 starting second rowers in the game...
Who is better than him ? On the left edge I'd have Kikau, Wade Graham (pretty close) & Tariq Sims (pretty close). I see Lawrence as one of the better edge second rowers in the game at the moment. He runs great lines with speed and power on that left edge and he makes his tackles most of the time.

He was probably our best forward last year and he is no plodder. Plus he is a good guy.
One in every bunch...
I havent put much thought into which edge, just back rowers in general...
But at a quick guess - If i'm thinking left edges.... Boyd Cordner, Joel Thompson comes to mind, as does Gavin Cooper... John Sutton, Tohu Harris, Tapine - Blokes like Gillett and Aubusson (played both) even Fellas like Ma'u, Glenn, Hoffman and Guerra are on par with him...

I get the loyalty and all that - I really do..... But loyalty don't equal numbers.

You'd be the only guy i've ever heard of have Wade Graham, Tariq Sims and Chris Lawrence there or there abouts on par...

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 12:59 pm

After next season Chris should be looking at moving into the front office this is where his real ability can be used by the club ..as one has posted is his body 30years old IMO not by a long shot.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:05 pm

batboy wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm
Earl wrote:
batboy wrote:

One in every bunch...
But at a quick guess - If i'm thinking left edges.... Boyd Cordner, Joel Thompson comes to mind, as does Gavin Cooper... John Sutton, Tohu Harris, Tapine - Blokes like Gillett and Aubusson (played both) even Fellas like Ma'u, Glenn, Hoffman and Guerra are on par with him...

I get the loyalty and all that - I really do..... But loyalty don't equal numbers.

You'd be the only guy i've ever heard of have Wade Graham, Tariq Sims and Chris Lawrence there or there abouts on par...
Alex Glenn is extremely underrated

When he doesn't play the Broncos defensively look very vulnerable and the score lines usually back that up

Look at the Saints semi as an example

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:11 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Any word on that ??
I don't think that's the role of the CEO

Post by 851 » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:13 pm

Seeing the stories in todays paper about Benji wanting to reach 300 games, and thinking he is going to play on in 2020 have me worried.
These words were from Benji, not a journo, gee we are in trouble if Benji is our starting 6 next season, let alone 2020
Go hard or go home

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:13 pm
Seeing the stories in todays paper about Benji wanting to reach 300 games, and thinking he is going to play on in 2020 have me worried.
These words were from Benji, not a journo, gee we are in trouble if Benji is our starting 6 next season, let alone 2020
I didnt see the quote but he would be halucinating if he really believes that he would be a first grade player in 2020.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:11 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Any word on that ??
I don't think that's the role of the CEO
Either did I but someone suggested it and if we don't have a coach I guess someone with some clout at the club has to get a signing across the line ........

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:31 pm

batboy wrote:
Earl wrote:
batboy wrote:

One in every bunch...

I think that basically every player you mention is on par or worse than Lawrence. There are areas within our team that we need to improve on but I don't see that position as being a problem.

I know sometimes that fans overrate certain players but I also think that fans underrate certain players. Brooks is a guy who has been underrated for a while and Lawrence is another that fits that category. You see Tariq Sims play a great game and forget when Lawrence played a great game. Tariq Sims isn't consistently great. If you were talking about Frizzel that is a different story. Frizzel is a gun. Lawrence isn't in Frizzel's class but he is probably the best edge backrower in the game.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 4:18 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:13 pm
I didnt see the quote but he would be halucinating if he really believes that he would be a first grade player in 2020.

Wests Tigers may as well quit being an NRL team and just join the Masters Rugby League comp if that happens.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 5:27 pm

Alex Glenn is extremely underrated

When he doesn't play the Broncos defensively look very vulnerable and the score lines usually back that up

Look at the Saints semi as an example
[/quote]

A deal with him to the Titans is as good as done

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 6:24 pm

I don't think Lawrence would make the starting side for any team other than us. He's ok, but no better than who everyone else has. He can't break the line other than occasionally 5m out from the line. No power in attack or defence.

Madge

Post by Madge » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:14 pm

You people are delusional.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:35 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:14 pm
You people are delusional.
You can speak

You think coaching your son will fulfil you :D

batboy

Post by batboy » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:41 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:31 pm
batboy wrote:
Earl wrote:
batboy wrote:

One in every bunch...

I think that basically every player you mention is on par or worse than Lawrence. There are areas within our team that we need to improve on but I don't see that position as being a problem.

I know sometimes that fans overrate certain players but I also think that fans underrate certain players. Brooks is a guy who has been underrated for a while and Lawrence is another that fits that category. You see Tariq Sims play a great game and forget when Lawrence played a great game. Tariq Sims isn't consistently great. If you were talking about Frizzel that is a different story. Frizzel is a gun. Lawrence isn't in Frizzel's class but he is probably the best edge backrower in the game.
Soo... the guy that just won a premiership and captained the national side - is on par or worse than Chris Lawrence...

I think you need to get off the bong bro...