Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

bp tiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by bp tiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm

so heres a story for every one, regarding our approach to spending are cap.
my young bloke is good friends with benjis little brother Jeremy, they were at panthers the other sat night and had a few drinks with corey harawira- naera. my son asked corey why he didnt sign with the tigers, because he knows we did chase him. corey told them that the dogs offer was why higher than what the tigers offer was and was for longer. now is it us or the dogs who have a problem with the cap. maybe this is why we cant sign players we are refusing to match other offers.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:50 pm
I dont know what all the fuss about Lawrence is about.

He is more than adequate at 2nd row, one of our better leaders and a true tiger - very loyal. He is an asset to the club and fans alike.

Lets start talking about Centre or something a little more relevant. That's where our issues lie currently.
Agree. Lawrence is the least of our worries. He is not a top liner but is a solid contributor.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:11 pm

batboy wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 7:43 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 6:24 pm
I don't think Lawrence would make the starting side for any team other than us. He's ok, but no better than who everyone else has. He can't break the line other than occasionally 5m out from the line. No power in attack or defence.
Exactly!! In fact I think there are back rowers coming off the bench in some teams that are better footballers - and it hasn’t taken them 12 years of first grade to get there...
Please think before you write.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:40 pm

batboy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
I don't think Lawrence would make the starting side for any team other than us. He's ok, but no better than who everyone else has. He can't break the line other than occasionally 5m out from the line. No power in attack or defence.
Exactly!! In fact I think there are back rowers coming off the bench in some teams that are better footballers - and it hasn’t taken them 12 years of first grade to get there...
He's been playing in the backrow for 12 years? That's news to me.

Madge

Post by Madge » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:56 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm
my young bloke is good friends with benjis little brother Jeremy, they were at panthers the other sat night and had a few drinks with corey harawira- naera. my son asked corey why he didnt sign with the tigers, because he knows we did chase him. corey told them that the dogs offer was why higher than what the tigers offer was and was for longer. now is it us or the dogs who have a problem with the cap. maybe this is why we cant sign players we are refusing to match other offers.
He refused our offer way before he had received the bulldogs one.

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:02 pm

andrew 474 wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 12:11 pm
I could be wrong on the Area Hayne comes from I thought I heard Campbelltown , sorry folks for wrong info if this is the case
His "house" is apparently at Cambo Stadium.
Hence the confusion.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:23 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:11 pm
batboy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
look both ways before crossing the road ;)
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:28 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:23 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
batboy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
There’s a reason players have been in first grade for 12 years.
Because they’re good enough.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:31 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm
Offers like that probably explain why the Dogs do have cap problems and why we did in tbe past.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:05 pm

Still can't figure out the salary cap, it's limits, club sanctions and nrl approving and registering contracts before it's 'official'. There should be no cap problems if the nrl is checking contracts before registering it. The only salary cap problems would then be if the club reaches finals or players earn representation bonuses. Just goes to show the nrl is not doing it's job as the overall administrative head of the game. We loose potential signings to clubs bidding higher and longer periods when they're under nrl sanction for salary cap overspend- where is the nrl looking real closely at these particular contracts seeing as these bus have known and recent form for 'maladministration / cheating /'?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm

I think many people feel the "legal" TPA,S which the NRL sanction and the "illegal" ones which they dont know about are the same.Illegal ones are a part and parcel of the game these days and only get found out if a disgruntled whistleblower lifts the lid.Every salary cap scandal which has been investigated has come from sources within that club.
The NRL are fooling themselves if they honestly believe that run a fair competition

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm

Just interested, it was reported late last week Pascoe had to go via Auckland on route to the states. It was also rumoured at the time it was to either talk to or sign up a kiwi. Anyone have any info if there is a phantom kiwi coming to Concord and if so who.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 5:08 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:
batboy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
Doesn’t help if you are blind

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:49 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 5:08 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:
batboy wrote:

Doesn’t help if you are blind
FeelsBadMan
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:17 pm

supercoach wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm
Just interested, it was reported late last week Pascoe had to go via Auckland on route to the states. It was also rumoured at the time it was to either talk to or sign up a kiwi. Anyone have any info if there is a phantom kiwi coming to Concord and if so who.
From what I heard, Pascoe isn't in the USA

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 9:28 am
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 10:31 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:46 am
Young Hooker Starling from the Knghts will be here next year. NSW cup I beleive but with a chance to win the Robbie spot in 2020 and learn off him this year
Jacob Liddle really needs to step up doesnt he. He has been far from convincing with injury and what not.

Someone needs to step up.

Good to see this kid on board.
I might sound cruel because of his bad run of injuries, but I think Liddle will turn out to be another one of those 'shoulda, coulda, woulda, but won't juniors that we seem to produce, at will, here at Wests Tigers. I haven't seen much in the guy, even when he has been on the field, to convince me he will be our future number nine.

Once this coaching fiasco is finally sorted, I am hoping that we pick up another proven NRL hooker for when Farah retires next year because we need a decent hooker in our spine - Segeyaro would've been a good pick up. No matter who our coach ends up being, either Maguire or Bennett, I just hope they can lure a decent 9 to the club.

I think i rate him a little higher than you do as ive seen some things that get me excited. Trouble is however its all potential. We have been down this road before.

Potential means absolutely nothing if they just cant deliver.
Its an opinion!

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:46 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:46 am
Young Hooker Starling from the Knghts will be here next year. NSW cup I beleive but with a chance to win the Robbie spot in 2020 and learn off him this year
Jacob Liddle really needs to step up doesnt he. He has been far from convincing with injury and what not.

I might sound cruel because of his bad run of injuries, but I think Liddle will turn out to be another one of those 'shoulda, coulda, woulda, but won't juniors that we seem to produce, at will, here at Wests Tigers. I haven't seen much in the guy, even when he has been on the field, to convince me he will be our future number nine.

Once this coaching fiasco is finally sorted, I am hoping that we pick up another proven NRL hooker for when Farah retires next year because we need a decent hooker in our spine - Segeyaro would've been a good pick up. No matter who our coach ends up being, either Maguire or Bennett, I just hope they can lure a decent 9 to the club.

I think i rate him a little higher than you do as ive seen some things that get me excited. Trouble is however its all potential. We have been down this road before.

At least give him the chance after he has had a full off season. Let’s see how he goes next season, hopefully he will get a better run with injuries

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:05 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:46 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

At least give him the chance after he has had a full off season. Let’s see how he goes next season, hopefully he will get a better run with injuries
Ive given him every chance, i defend the guy all the time. I like what he can bring.

End of the day however if he cant get it happening this season he is just another one of these guys who we rate a little too highly because they plays for our team.
Its an opinion!