Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2631
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 7:49 pm
"Should Moylan move to the Shire, what does that mean for James Maloney?

It’s understood the club wouldn’t need to offload Maloney to remain salary cap compliant, meaning they could have both men in the team next season before Maloney chases his pay day for 2019."

I'm honestly so done.. :roll
That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.


TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:28 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 7:49 pm
"Should Moylan move to the Shire, what does that mean for James Maloney?

It’s understood the club wouldn’t need to offload Maloney to remain salary cap compliant, meaning they could have both men in the team next season before Maloney chases his pay day for 2019."

I'm honestly so done.. :roll
That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.
Mate, each club get their fair share of the cap. There is no way you can better manage a salary cap in order to fit in a team of representative players without cheating. Since 2000-2010, there were over 67 salary cap breaches, including us around 6 times. Clubs like the Rorters and Broncos are simply cheats. Smart cheats, at that.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22180
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:40 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 7:49 pm
"Should Moylan move to the Shire, what does that mean for James Maloney?

It’s understood the club wouldn’t need to offload Maloney to remain salary cap compliant, meaning they could have both men in the team next season before Maloney chases his pay day for 2019."

I'm honestly so done.. :roll
That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.
It's much easier to whinge BT. Will be interesting if the day comes when we are a consistent finals team, stacking our squad. Will our supporters have the same mentality when it's us?

will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:40 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am


That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.
It's much easier to whinge BT. Will be interesting if the day comes when we are a consistent finals team, stacking our squad. Will our supporters have the same mentality when it's us?
In about 15 years maybe so they should be by than

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:40 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am


That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.
It's much easier to whinge BT. Will be interesting if the day comes when we are a consistent finals team, stacking our squad. Will our supporters have the same mentality when it's us?
I can't answer for all of us but I won't be complaining.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29185
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:37 pm

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that The Sydney Roosters are $800,000 under the salary cap for 2018 and will use the money to lure Cooper Cronk on a one-year deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wait oh.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


We really need to get better accountants...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:55 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:37 pm
The Daily Telegraph is reporting that The Sydney Roosters are $800,000 under the salary cap for 2018 and will use the money to lure Cooper Cronk on a one-year deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wait oh.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


We really need to get better accountants...
Ridiculous - and makes a mockery of the salary cap. Will be interesting to see if the media get serious and actually write about the story that all NRL fans suspect - that some clubs are blatantly rorting the cap and yet....

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm

The thing is I don't think the Roosters are breaching the cap - well not technically mayby a little in spirit.

They do manage their cap well using a number of strategies
1. My understanding is they pay a fixed price - No % of cap - so when the cap goes up like it has they are much less effected then other clubs.
2. They have a strategically bad year - You will note they came bottom 4 in 06,09,12,16. This is generally where they front load contracts so the year before they let go of a significant wack of players and dont replace them until the year after meaning they can front pay contracts giving them space moving forward to pick up big names
3. Uncle Nick but also the Roosters board which is filled with well know business people with lots of relationships which they leverage to get companies to pay 3rd parties legitemately for their players. I have seen this at a compnay I previously worked at a large financial services firm where we after a poker game and lots of drinks with 2 board members our CEO had agreed to sponsor Anasta and 1 other for 150k a year for no benefit I can remember seeing throughout the yr. You need the relationships to make this happen.
4. They buy players who have had off field issues on the discount contract after thier issues and help them which gets them on a low contract but also future loyalty to take less - Friend, Carney, Ferguson all being examples.


Broncos -Lots and lots of 3rd parties but that isnt cheating it is the NRL rules allowing it and uncle Wayne pays very little for props or wingers so spreads the money across other positions.

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there

Post by the third » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:40 pm

Stop making so much sense Boonboon2

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 11:54 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm
The thing is I don't think the Roosters are breaching the cap - well not technically mayby a little in spirit.

They do manage their cap well using a number of strategies
1. My understanding is they pay a fixed price - No % of cap - so when the cap goes up like it has they are much less effected then other clubs.
2. They have a strategically bad year - You will note they came bottom 4 in 06,09,12,16. This is generally where they front load contracts so the year before they let go of a significant wack of players and dont replace them until the year after meaning they can front pay contracts giving them space moving forward to pick up big names
3. Uncle Nick but also the Roosters board which is filled with well know business people with lots of relationships which they leverage to get companies to pay 3rd parties legitemately for their players. I have seen this at a compnay I previously worked at a large financial services firm where we after a poker game and lots of drinks with 2 board members our CEO had agreed to sponsor Anasta and 1 other for 150k a year for no benefit I can remember seeing throughout the yr. You need the relationships to make this happen.
4. They buy players who have had off field issues on the discount contract after thier issues and help them which gets them on a low contract but also future loyalty to take less - Friend, Carney, Ferguson all being examples.


Broncos -Lots and lots of 3rd parties but that isnt cheating it is the NRL rules allowing it and uncle Wayne pays very little for props or wingers so spreads the money across other positions.
Probably all true but the freedom given to clubs in regard to TPAs effectively works against what the salary cap is meant to do. What the Roosters and Broncos pay for players is below what other clubs pay because they bulk up their salary through other means. Doesnt always guarantee success but allows them to always find room in the roster to draw the quality players they need to fill key positions whenever they want them.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2945
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 6:36 am

Telltails wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 11:54 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm
The thing is I don't think the Roosters are breaching the cap - well not technically mayby a little in spirit.

They do manage their cap well using a number of strategies
1. My understanding is they pay a fixed price - No % of cap - so when the cap goes up like it has they are much less effected then other clubs.
2. They have a strategically bad year - You will note they came bottom 4 in 06,09,12,16. This is generally where they front load contracts so the year before they let go of a significant wack of players and dont replace them until the year after meaning they can front pay contracts giving them space moving forward to pick up big names
3. Uncle Nick but also the Roosters board which is filled with well know business people with lots of relationships which they leverage to get companies to pay 3rd parties legitemately for their players. I have seen this at a compnay I previously worked at a large financial services firm where we after a poker game and lots of drinks with 2 board members our CEO had agreed to sponsor Anasta and 1 other for 150k a year for no benefit I can remember seeing throughout the yr. You need the relationships to make this happen.
4. They buy players who have had off field issues on the discount contract after thier issues and help them which gets them on a low contract but also future loyalty to take less - Friend, Carney, Ferguson all being examples.


Broncos -Lots and lots of 3rd parties but that isnt cheating it is the NRL rules allowing it and uncle Wayne pays very little for props or wingers so spreads the money across other positions.
Probably all true but the freedom given to clubs in regard to TPAs effectively works against what the salary cap is meant to do. What the Roosters and Broncos pay for players is below what other clubs pay because they bulk up their salary through other means. Doesnt always guarantee success but allows them to always find room in the roster to draw the quality players they need to fill key positions whenever they want them.
That's the best description of how TPA's affect things I've seen.
"Quality Stupidity"

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 7:24 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 7:49 pm
"Should Moylan move to the Shire, what does that mean for James Maloney?

It’s understood the club wouldn’t need to offload Maloney to remain salary cap compliant, meaning they could have both men in the team next season before Maloney chases his pay day for 2019."

I'm honestly so done.. :roll
That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
One of my favourite phrases from the oils

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:49 am

Whispers seem to be getting a bit louder of Cronk to the Roosters.

If so you would have to think Pearce exits the place and we would be a real chance.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:56 am

Eddie wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:49 am
Whispers seem to be getting a bit louder of Cronk to the Roosters.

If so you would have to think Pearce exits the place and we would be a real chance.
Hope not.

Didn't want us then, I don't want him now.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7039
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 10:04 am

Eddie wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:49 am
Whispers seem to be getting a bit louder of Cronk to the Roosters.

If so you would have to think Pearce exits the place and we would be a real chance.
Pearce would not come to our mob, he would only go to a so called glamour club. He would be a good buy for us,good kicking game and can tackle....but won't happen

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:25 am

Dont want Pearce, would take one of their 2nd Rowers though or Keary.

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

Post by krayola » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:26 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm
The thing is I don't think the Roosters are breaching the cap - well not technically mayby a little in spirit.

They do manage their cap well using a number of strategies
1. My understanding is they pay a fixed price - No % of cap - so when the cap goes up like it has they are much less effected then other clubs.
2. They have a strategically bad year - You will note they came bottom 4 in 06,09,12,16. This is generally where they front load contracts so the year before they let go of a significant wack of players and dont replace them until the year after meaning they can front pay contracts giving them space moving forward to pick up big names
3. Uncle Nick but also the Roosters board which is filled with well know business people with lots of relationships which they leverage to get companies to pay 3rd parties legitemately for their players. I have seen this at a compnay I previously worked at a large financial services firm where we after a poker game and lots of drinks with 2 board members our CEO had agreed to sponsor Anasta and 1 other for 150k a year for no benefit I can remember seeing throughout the yr. You need the relationships to make this happen.
4. They buy players who have had off field issues on the discount contract after thier issues and help them which gets them on a low contract but also future loyalty to take less - Friend, Carney, Ferguson all being examples.


Broncos -Lots and lots of 3rd parties but that isnt cheating it is the NRL rules allowing it and uncle Wayne pays very little for props or wingers so spreads the money across other positions.
They may not be breaching the cap. I think the outrage is directed more at reportedly how far they are under it. With their roster, 800k under seems ridiculous.

But maybe that's how the media wants people to feel. They're the ones telling us the Roosters are under the cap but they're also the ones telling us how the Roosters are interested in every star player on the market. Either way, it gets people talking and gets us checking their website once or more a day.
One of my sources is Pascoe

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2601
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 7:32 am

Harvey wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:01 pm
The Farah rumours came from a director of Wests Ashfield
The director mustn't want Ivan as coach.

Post Reply