Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:01 pm

The Farah rumours came from a director of Wests Ashfield

bathursttiger
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 3:58 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 7:49 pm
"Should Moylan move to the Shire, what does that mean for James Maloney?

It’s understood the club wouldn’t need to offload Maloney to remain salary cap compliant, meaning they could have both men in the team next season before Maloney chases his pay day for 2019."

I'm honestly so done.. :roll
That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
The rich getting richer, the poor get the picture....
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.

TigersBusDriver
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:28 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 5:37 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
dazza65 wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

It’s understood the club wouldn’t need to offload Maloney to remain salary cap compliant, meaning they could have both men in the team next season before Maloney chases his pay day for 2019."

That'll do me too.

Even worse, I read somewhere yesterday Cronk will only go to rorters if anywhere and a preliminary deal has been in place for months if he decides to go around again. rorters !!!!!!!
Have you ever thought that these clubs better manage their salary cap than other clubs.
Mate, each club get their fair share of the cap. There is no way you can better manage a salary cap in order to fit in a team of representative players without cheating. Since 2000-2010, there were over 67 salary cap breaches, including us around 6 times. Clubs like the Rorters and Broncos are simply cheats. Smart cheats, at that.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:40 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
dazza65 wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

That'll do me too.

It's much easier to whinge BT. Will be interesting if the day comes when we are a consistent finals team, stacking our squad. Will our supporters have the same mentality when it's us?

will1999
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by will1999 » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:40 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
dazza65 wrote:

That'll do me too.

It's much easier to whinge BT. Will be interesting if the day comes when we are a consistent finals team, stacking our squad. Will our supporters have the same mentality when it's us?
In about 15 years maybe so they should be by than

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:40 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
dazza65 wrote:

That'll do me too.

I can't answer for all of us but I won't be complaining.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:37 pm

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that The Sydney Roosters are $800,000 under the salary cap for 2018 and will use the money to lure Cooper Cronk on a one-year deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wait oh.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We really need to get better accountants...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:55 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:37 pm
The Daily Telegraph is reporting that The Sydney Roosters are $800,000 under the salary cap for 2018 and will use the money to lure Cooper Cronk on a one-year deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wait oh.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We really need to get better accountants...
Ridiculous - and makes a mockery of the salary cap. Will be interesting to see if the media get serious and actually write about the story that all NRL fans suspect - that some clubs are blatantly rorting the cap and yet....

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm

The thing is I don't think the Roosters are breaching the cap - well not technically mayby a little in spirit.

They do manage their cap well using a number of strategies
1. My understanding is they pay a fixed price - No % of cap - so when the cap goes up like it has they are much less effected then other clubs.
2. They have a strategically bad year - You will note they came bottom 4 in 06,09,12,16. This is generally where they front load contracts so the year before they let go of a significant wack of players and dont replace them until the year after meaning they can front pay contracts giving them space moving forward to pick up big names
3. Uncle Nick but also the Roosters board which is filled with well know business people with lots of relationships which they leverage to get companies to pay 3rd parties legitemately for their players. I have seen this at a compnay I previously worked at a large financial services firm where we after a poker game and lots of drinks with 2 board members our CEO had agreed to sponsor Anasta and 1 other for 150k a year for no benefit I can remember seeing throughout the yr. You need the relationships to make this happen.
4. They buy players who have had off field issues on the discount contract after thier issues and help them which gets them on a low contract but also future loyalty to take less - Friend, Carney, Ferguson all being examples.

Broncos -Lots and lots of 3rd parties but that isnt cheating it is the NRL rules allowing it and uncle Wayne pays very little for props or wingers so spreads the money across other positions.

the third
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by the third » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 10:40 pm

Stop making so much sense Boonboon2

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 11:54 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm
The thing is I don't think the Roosters are breaching the cap - well not technically mayby a little in spirit.

1. My understanding is they pay a fixed price - No % of cap - so when the cap goes up like it has they are much less effected then other clubs.
2. They have a strategically bad year - You will note they came bottom 4 in 06,09,12,16. This is generally where they front load contracts so the year before they let go of a significant wack of players and dont replace them until the year after meaning they can front pay contracts giving them space moving forward to pick up big names
3. Uncle Nick but also the Roosters board which is filled with well know business people with lots of relationships which they leverage to get companies to pay 3rd parties legitemately for their players. I have seen this at a compnay I previously worked at a large financial services firm where we after a poker game and lots of drinks with 2 board members our CEO had agreed to sponsor Anasta and 1 other for 150k a year for no benefit I can remember seeing throughout the yr. You need the relationships to make this happen.
4. They buy players who have had off field issues on the discount contract after thier issues and help them which gets them on a low contract but also future loyalty to take less - Friend, Carney, Ferguson all being examples.

Broncos -Lots and lots of 3rd parties but that isnt cheating it is the NRL rules allowing it and uncle Wayne pays very little for props or wingers so spreads the money across other positions.
Probably all true but the freedom given to clubs in regard to TPAs effectively works against what the salary cap is meant to do. What the Roosters and Broncos pay for players is below what other clubs pay because they bulk up their salary through other means. Doesnt always guarantee success but allows them to always find room in the roster to draw the quality players they need to fill key positions whenever they want them.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 6:36 am

Telltails wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 11:54 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:

Probably all true but the freedom given to clubs in regard to TPAs effectively works against what the salary cap is meant to do. What the Roosters and Broncos pay for players is below what other clubs pay because they bulk up their salary through other means. Doesnt always guarantee success but allows them to always find room in the roster to draw the quality players they need to fill key positions whenever they want them.
That's the best description of how TPA's affect things I've seen.
"Quality Stupidity"

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 7:24 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
dazza65 wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

That'll do me too.

One of my favourite phrases from the oils

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:49 am

Whispers seem to be getting a bit louder of Cronk to the Roosters.

If so you would have to think Pearce exits the place and we would be a real chance.

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:56 am

Eddie wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:49 am

If so you would have to think Pearce exits the place and we would be a real chance.
Hope not.

Didn't want us then, I don't want him now.

supercoach
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 10:04 am

Eddie wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:49 am

Pearce would not come to our mob, he would only go to a so called glamour club. He would be a good buy for us,good kicking game and can tackle....but won't happen

tigerbenji
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:25 am

Dont want Pearce, would take one of their 2nd Rowers though or Keary.

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:26 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:

They may not be breaching the cap. I think the outrage is directed more at reportedly how far they are under it. With their roster, 800k under seems ridiculous.

But maybe that's how the media wants people to feel. They're the ones telling us the Roosters are under the cap but they're also the ones telling us how the Roosters are interested in every star player on the market. Either way, it gets people talking and gets us checking their website once or more a day.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”