Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by Balmainbred » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 6:27 am

Reports on Bris media yesterday that Roosters were meeting with Greenberg & Co at NRL HQ on how to get Cronk to their club under the cap ???

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 6:48 am

If Cronk plays for the Roosters next year without them dropping a bunch off their current roster, that will just highlight the inequities across clubs in the NRL. It may well be legal and technically within the rules but it makes a mockery of any notion of a level playing field. I love the game, but not if it's an open joke. Fool me once........
"Quality Stupidity"

supercoach
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 90 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:06 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 6:48 am
If Cronk plays for the Roosters next year without them dropping a bunch off their current roster, that will just highlight the inequities across clubs in the NRL. It may well be legal and technically within the rules but it makes a mockery of any notion of a level playing field. I love the game, but not if it's an open joke. Fool me once........
So true.....We are fast becoming like the EPL where you know at the start of the year before a ball has been kicked off 7 of the top 8. Fans are leaving the game in droves at present and I think having a playing field that runs at 90% in favour of a few teams is certainly a major factor.

As NT said it may be technically right, but it will eventually destroy the game

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:42 am

I think peoole are being harsh on the Roosters (words i dont like saying). They have lost Guerra who was an out and out origin player when he last signed on, Kenny Dowell a NZ international, kane Evans who was on better money then he deserved due to his rising status plus a couple of other fgers. They have sign3d 1 player. If they sign cronk theu would have to let go Pearce so wouldnt be much difference in salaries esp with 3rd parties cronk would have anyway. No one has much cao for cronk so its not like they are competing with 1.5m offers or anything. They came 15th last year arent exactly winning every year.

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by 2041 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:10 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 11:16 pm
steve-o wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:46 pm
Hoffman won three grand finals with the storm and Lance Armstrong won the Tour de France 7 times
anything about the storm in the salary cap cheat era has a massive asterisk around it. even little things like games won by individuals, points scored etc. they're a great club but the fact that the big 3 only stayed together because they broke the cap still bugs me.
Yeah it irritates me when I see that anything in connection with the Storm or its players that treats those two premierships as still valid. Like with Folau, when he went to AFL I saw various articles stating as fact that he'd won everything in rugby league. No he hasn't - he's not a premiership winner because the Storm did not win the premiership in 2007.

jirskyr
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 131 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:34 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:42 am
I think peoole are being harsh on the Roosters (words i dont like saying). They have lost Guerra who was an out and out origin player when he last signed on, Kenny Dowell a NZ international, kane Evans who was on better money then he deserved due to his rising status plus a couple of other fgers. They have sign3d 1 player. If they sign cronk theu would have to let go Pearce so wouldnt be much difference in salaries esp with 3rd parties cronk would have anyway. No one has much cao for cronk so its not like they are competing with 1.5m offers or anything. They came 15th last year arent exactly winning every year.
Ok they signed one player but that happened to be Tedesco. They've resigned Ferguson who is an out and out Origin player, they've got Latrell on the books and they picked up Keary this year too.

I'm cool with Roosters signing Cronk if indeed Pearce leaves - that is equitable.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:34 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:42 am
the 'they lost 3 players and only signed 1'is the worst arguement possible.

you still have to replace those guys with another squad member. theyve also upgraded a hell of a lot of players in that time.

charlii72
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by charlii72 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:47 pm

From Chris Heighington's Instagram:

chrisheighington:

My journey at the @cronullasharks has come to an end - what a wild 5 years! I didn't get the opportunity to thank all the fans, community, players & staff for all their support. I have met some amazing people with lifetime friendships, you know who you are. Its now time for my next journey - stay posted #notretiring

12.30pm 11 Oct 2017

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Needaname » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:20 pm

In regards to the roosters,
This new roster format of 30 first grade players does open a couple of loop holes up as to how to load up your squad.
Firstly only 26 positions need to be filled by March next year.
Secondly if the rooster decided to spend 8.7 of there cap on 20 players they are well within their rights to do it.
They can spend more cap money on 18 players if they want to and fill the remaining with base wage players.
That's not considering any 3rd parties at all just cap money it just comes down to how important their depth is to them.
The grey area lies in how they manage to convince successful talented juniors or journey men to sign up for them for minimum wage hence providing them with pretty relieable depth all the same.

Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 3:49 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
I agree, but Pearce, Keary and Cronk can't all play 1st grade, Keary would be a good get, even Pearce
Go hard or go home

Donald Trump
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Donald Trump » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:37 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 3:49 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
I agree, but Pearce, Keary and Cronk can't all play 1st grade, Keary would be a good get, even Pearce
I never want to see Pearce in a Tigers jersey.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

fergiefurr
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:57 pm

id be happy to take Heighno back for a year

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:35 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:57 pm
Me too. Selling hot dogs out the front of our home games

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 222 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:58 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:37 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 3:49 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
I never want to see Pearce in a Tigers jersey.
Hmmmm, Pearce...Brooks...hmmmm , a tough one

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 6:29 pm

I think Chris Heighnington for one year would be a great move. He still has bench impact and would add to Cleary’s idea of building a culture through recognising past success ( hence Marshall and Hodgson). It’s obvious that Cleary wants the new look Tigers to treasure and respect the jersey - that’s why old faithfuls are returning. Would not be st all surprised to see Heighno grab spot 29.

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:16 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:35 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:57 pm
Me too. Selling hot dogs out the front of our home games
What have you got against "Ol Mate" selling hot dogs at the Mary street entrance.

He's doing a good job

"Doggie, hot Doggie!!!!!

TigerSkins
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by TigerSkins » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm

Crikey we should be having ago for Paasi too:

WARRIORS EYE TITANS FORWARD

The NZ Herald reports the Warriors are on the verge of signing Agnatius Paasi with the Gold Coast forward said to be seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

According to the report, the Warriors have tabled a two-year deal.

Should Paasi make the move back across the Tasman, it would add some much-needed firepower to the Warriors’ pack who have struggled in recent years.

The club have already signed the likes of forwards Adam Blair, Tohu Harris and Leivaha Lulu, along with outside backs Gerard Beale and Peta Hiku.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm

ancient magpie wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 12:45 pm
CHANGING THE SUBJECT FOR A MINUTE .DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHATS HAPPENING WITH SOME UNSIGNED ISP PLAYERS EG SIRONEN TATOLA MARSHALL KING JORDAN GRANT HELETA JACOBS LOLO GARNER ETC .CANT GET ANY IMFO FROM THE WESTS TIGERS I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYBODY COULD HELP .I THINK ITS MILKY WHO SEEMS TO GET THE GOOD OIL THANK YOUIF U CAN HELP
Jordan Grant has signed with the Mackay Cutters ..as for the rest I don't think any will be re-signed to NRL contracts...May pick up ISP contracts when they sort out what they are doing with that...none will see FG next year...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”