Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by bigsiro » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:16 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 5:27 pm
God no, don't even think about taking Woods back. HIs performance on the field is ok but not fantastic, I'd rate him as only average. However, his off field performance last year as captain of our team was pathetic and the culture he was so desperate to leave, but a huge part of, has gone, but he should not be given a get out of jail pass and come back. That attitude and performance should not be forgiven.

His culture is no longer WT, he is a dog now, literally and figuratively. Let him and the Bulldogs lie in their bed. Shop him off to ESL.
Amen to that!
Don’t want Woods anywhere near us ever again.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again


TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:20 pm

I would not take Woods back under any circumstances on any cap amount. He slows down the attack and is a halves killer that can’t defend and gives away penalties.
He also left the Tigers as captain. This is unforgivable. Dogs can keep his bad contract no one will take it in even teams desperate for props won’t pay more than 400k for him now.

LARDS
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by LARDS » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:35 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 6:20 pm
I would not take Woods back under any circumstances on any cap amount. He slows down the attack and is a halves killer that can’t defend and gives away penalties.
He also left the Tigers as captain. This is unforgivable. Dogs can keep his bad contract no one will take it in even teams desperate for props won’t pay more than 400k for him now.
I wouldnt take him back either but it's not up to us.
Luckily, though, I think Ivan and co do take into account the fans. That was a big reason for getting back Benji.
Getting woods back won't be the same feelgood story.
I still think he's a good player though.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6909
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 26 May, 2018 7:08 pm

Lol @ Woods
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Aceshigh
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Aceshigh » Sat 26 May, 2018 7:09 pm

I would take Woods back , its all about making the team stronger for mine


User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 26 May, 2018 7:24 pm

Just read posts from some Canberra supporters
I cant repeat the explicit language but let's just say they warned Ricky and co
There are plenty of supporters who dont want him
I guess at the right price he would be ok
But Packer and Matalino are worth more in my books

Red88 Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sat 26 May, 2018 7:25 pm

Yes to woods only at discount price though.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4803
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 26 May, 2018 7:36 pm

Woods does not fit the culture that the club and team aspire to ..he is yesterday’s hero! His fit is with his mate Mitchy the pair that held our club to ransom.

The Queen
Member
Member
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat 08 Apr, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by The Queen » Sat 26 May, 2018 7:49 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 7:24 pm
Just read posts from some Canberra supporters
I cant repeat the explicit language but let's just say they warned Ricky and co
There are plenty of supporters who dont want him
I guess at the right price he would be ok
But Packer and Matalino are worth more in my books

Canterbury can not just trade him to another club if he does not want to go hes got a contract at Canterbury but its Cronulla that is the whisper i hear

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2273
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:05 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 4:08 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 3:59 pm
Hearing aaron woods hits the market and we are one of several clubs interested
If he's willing to take a pay cut.
I would have Woodsie back no problems. Much better than Sue, Twal , Grant etc. But tne price has to be right, I could understand everyone wanting to leave under Taylor, but i think he would have liked to continue under Cleary imo.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:15 pm

Aceshigh wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 7:09 pm
I would take Woods back , its all about making the team stronger for mine
We are chasing a prop, he is available and only sticking point is how much will the Dogs kick in!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21004
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:18 pm

Muffstar wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 8:05 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 4:08 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 3:59 pm
Hearing aaron woods hits the market and we are one of several clubs interested
If he's willing to take a pay cut.
I would have Woodsie back no problems. Much better than Sue, Twal , Grant etc. But tne price has to be right, I could understand everyone wanting to leave under Taylor, but i think he would have liked to continue under Cleary imo.
Yeah, too bad he signed with the Dogs before Cleary was appointed

Oh wait......

Coasttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed 15 Feb, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:23 pm


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21004
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:34 pm

Poor Woodsy is like a bottle of wine at Christmas.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 8:34 pm
Poor Woodsy is like a bottle of wine at Christmas.
Pissed out into the toilet?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21004
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:44 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 8:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 8:34 pm
Poor Woodsy is like a bottle of wine at Christmas.
Pissed out into the toilet?
Constantly being re-gifted cos no one wants him.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2059
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 26 May, 2018 11:21 pm

Re. Woods, we’ve moved on. We need an impact forward, or maybe we don’t if Aloiai stands up.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5476
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sat 26 May, 2018 11:27 pm

Thing about Woodsie, if you took him back, Dogs would have to fork some of the contract value. You'd probably end up on top, as it would be a smaller contract than you were offering him when he left.

Post Reply