GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:52 pm
OzLukeH wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:41 pm
OzLukeH wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:27 pm
No for Russell Packer. Guy is a grub and doesn't deserve to be playing first grade.
Not defending what he did, but tbf, he's been on his best behavior since he's been at the Dragons. Everyone deserves a second chance if they are showing that they have reformed. And i haven't heard anything to suggest he hasn't.
Just my opinion gnr4life, but there is getting into a fight, then kicking the guys head while laying on the ground unconscious....
I know that league players aren't angels, but for my club I don't want that kind of thing around.
Fair enough, but people make mistakes. If people gave convicted criminals a chance when they come out of jail, maybe a lot of them would actually be decent members of society. When you are looked down on as trash and told you are trash then you might as well continue acting like trash
Wow!!

avocadoontoast
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
OzLukeH wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
OzLukeH wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:27 pm
No for Russell Packer. Guy is a grub and doesn't deserve to be playing first grade.
Not defending what he did, but tbf, he's been on his best behavior since he's been at the Dragons. Everyone deserves a second chance if they are showing that they have reformed. And i haven't heard anything to suggest he hasn't.
Just my opinion gnr4life, but there is getting into a fight, then kicking the guys head while laying on the ground unconscious....
I know that league players aren't angels, but for my club I don't want that kind of thing around.
Fair enough, but people make mistakes. If people gave convicted criminals a chance when they come out of jail, maybe a lot of them would actually be decent members of society. When you are looked down on as trash and told you are trash then you might as well continue acting like trash
He is trash. He struck a guy down over a dispute re: a cigarette THEN punched him repeatedly in the head whilst the guy was laying on the ground and THEN stomped on his head. He doesn't deserve a second chance.

Every day you go on about Woods being a "pea heart" and then you say Russell Packer deserves a second chance... I know who i'd rather have representing us.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:34 pm

Anyone hear anything about Brooks to Melbourne?

Seantice
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Seantice » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:34 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:26 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
OzLukeH wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

He is trash. He struck a guy down over a dispute re: a cigarette THEN punched him repeatedly in the head whilst the guy was laying on the ground and THEN stomped on his head. He doesn't deserve a second chance.

Every day you go on about Woods being a "pea heart" and then you say Russell Packer deserves a second chance... I know who i'd rather have representing us.
I agree. He should still be in jail..

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:38 pm

We made any yet..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:41 pm

Bus is waiting on woods and teddy

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:51 pm

I am amazed that anyone would want Packer at the club he is a disgusting piece of filth.He should never have been allowed to return to the NRL.If i was the CEO i would refuse to even talk to him about coming here.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:02 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
OzLukeH wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yawn

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:07 pm

We need players who are prepared to stomp on peoples heads... Our current blokes are too nice.

Packer or Lodge would be perfect for the Tigers!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

avocadoontoast

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:02 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
OzLukeH wrote:

Yawn
What a well thought out response. Excellent work champ.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:09 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:07 pm
We need players who are prepared to stomp on peoples heads... Our current blokes are too nice.

Stuff Lodge but I will take Packer.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:19 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:08 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yawn
Sorry mate, I just find it extremely annoying conversing with you. You seemed to have a bone to pick with me over my comment about Dugan, then wanted argue semantics when I gave you my answer to your question. There have been other times as well. This is my last interaction with you as I don"t want to derail this thread Amy further. No offence.

avocadoontoast

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:19 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:09 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:

Stuff Lodge but I will take Packer.
Is that because Lodge never spent any time in prison?

avocadoontoast

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:19 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:08 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Yawn
Sorry mate, I just find it extremely annoying conversing with you. You seemed to have a bone to pick with me over my comment about Dugan, then wanted argue semantics when I gave you my answer to your question. There have been other times as well. This is my last interaction with you as I don"t want to derail this thread Amy further. No offence.
No need to apologise mate, all good.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:38 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:

Lodge's preferred victims are women and small children. The definition of a coward. Hope karma catches up with him some day. An absolute maggot.

weststigers
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by weststigers » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:49 pm

ricksen wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 2:32 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 2:23 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 11:23 am
Wouldn't take Dugan for free. Pea heart whose been to fake injuries when the going gets tough.
Assuming Tedesco moves on, who would you like to see wearing the Tigers #1 jersey?
For me, that's the biggest issue.
If we lose Woods, there's a bevy of decent props around of varying quality and price.
Same goes for halves.
But losing Tedesco would automatically mean a pretty big downgrade in the position, as there's no real guns out there that I'd consider chasing.
I think I'd look at Gordon for 12 months and then re-assess in 2019. Outside of him, I've no idea.
I think the answer will come from the below options:

Gareth Widdop
Josh Dugan
Dane Gagai
David Mead
Michael Gordon

Widdop played all his Junior footy at fulback before making grade at the Storm. He filled in for Slater a few times and went really well. My pick would be:

1. Widdop
6. Johnson
7. Brooks

I'd also sign Gagai to play in the centres and use him as backup if Widdop got injured or if you needed to move Widdop to 6 if Johnson got injured.

3 signings
Gagai $650k'
Johnson $1 million
Widdop $850k
$2.5 million for a QLD rep, GB International and NZ International

The beauty of this combination is that it doesn't matter if Widdop and Johnson turn out to be the best players in the universe, we will never miss them for Origin, so the team is always strong during this period.
Last edited by weststigers on Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:51 pm

Just don't get personal thanks guys.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:55 pm

WOW... $650k for Dane Gagai and $1M for Shaun Johnson?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”