Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Telltails

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Telltails » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 12:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 11:22 am
supercoach wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 10:38 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 09 Dec, 2017 5:51 pm
supercoach wrote:
Sat 09 Dec, 2017 2:44 pm
I really don't know what Woods has to do to please some people. Over the past few years he hardly played a bad game for us, played long minutes and was extremely durable. On the rep stage he was much the same, okay he had a average 3rd SOO game, but was brilliant in game 1, and from what I saw of the World cup he was our best front rower. I think his loss is twice that of Tedesco.

Okay he is thick as a brick and said some pretty dumb things and IMO has made a pretty dumb move going to the dogs, but I still rate him highly as a footballer and I think we will miss him and his personality
Hes a costly, lazy arsed slack defender

I think the whole team had defensive issues. I would not signal Woods out. I also think that he was being asked to play to many minutes because there were no other options, and that would not have helped his ability to defend, or should I say the quality of his defence
He is lazy. As eceidenced by a video someone posted earlier in the year of a game against the Dragons. Saints made a break and he was the last one to get back in line, despite being the freshest player on the field, having only come back on the field a minute earlier.
Way to build an argument GNR.One incident out of how many career games, defines a player. Yeh right.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 2:55 pm

Telltails wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 12:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 09 Dec, 2017 5:51 pm

Hes a costly, lazy arsed slack defender

I think the whole team had defensive issues. I would not signal Woods out. I also think that he was being asked to play to many minutes because there were no other options, and that would not have helped his ability to defend, or should I say the quality of his defence
He is lazy. As eceidenced by a video someone posted earlier in the year of a game against the Dragons. Saints made a break and he was the last one to get back in line, despite being the freshest player on the field, having only come back on the field a minute earlier.
Way to build an argument GNR.One incident out of how many career games, defines a player. Yeh right.
It's an example.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 3:44 pm

Putting my issues with his leadership aside, woods is a good prop, his strengths are his metres gained and he is strong when standing and looking to offload.

For premium prop money he is a bad buy, because he can be trampled in defence. 95% of his tackles "do the job", very few sting and every now and then he gets steamrolled. He is probably one of the best props in the game ATM, but a guy like Matt Scott will go down a legend, and I think Woods will be remembered as a very good player, but not a great.

His current status in the game is probably helped by the fact his stats are excellent and there are only a few premium options in his position.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 3:58 pm

He's worth 500k tops imo.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 4:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 2:55 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 12:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:

It's an example.
Gee this sounds like barrel scrapping to me, One lapse in concentration and he has a video uploaded to prove what?
If one our new props rips in all season defends with grit but has one bad game or makes a bad decision then what? Do we upload a video and say"gee mate your lazy time to pull ya socks up".
We finished 4th in points conceded this year....Cant blame one man for a team effort.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 4:26 pm

Hes been average in D for us and at origin level for a long time ...its not his teammates..its him

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 4:35 pm

Woods is king of the flops
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 4:36 pm

The biggest issue we had last few years was ruck defence in the middle. Woods, Grant, Ava were average defenders on contact and also laterally. Teams got quick play the balls and made our outside backs defend on the back foot.

Packer, Matulino, Twal, ET and Eiso in the middle will make a major difference. People forget about the defensive part of the game Woods is close to the worst prop in the league for one on one defence and slowing down the ruck.

Our middle will be much stronger and ET will be able to focus on making 50+ tackles and chiming in with the ball and not trying to make metres which is not his game.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 5:54 pm

I know Taumalolo is a beast but a prop with the status of Woods should’ve done better than the effort at 1.20 in this video ...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:02 pm

vlad wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 5:54 pm
I know Taumalolo is a beast but a prop with the status of Woods should’ve done better than the effort at 1.20 in this video ...
As I said earlier, he was steamrolled by Justin O'Neill, so it's no surprise the best forward in the game would too.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:07 pm

Woods is the reason I stoped watching NRL 360 with his complete BS and dribble .

I hope to christ he's not on there next season .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:15 pm

Woods' work rate in attack was good for the tigers, but gee he was soft in defense sometimes. The one that stands out to me is when Shannon Boyd ran over him in the game at Leichhardt in that infamous Raiders comeback win. The wind was crazy that day, and we were running with it in the first half. Then just before halftime Boyd makes a fool out of Woods, and after that we were next to no chance of holding off the Raiders in the second half. I don't think I've ever seen a game where the wind was so advantageous for the team running in a certain direction, so we needed to go into the halftime break with as big a lead as possible.

As a blues fan, I never want to see him picked in Origin again. He stinks at that level.

For the Kangaroos he is fine because he is surrounded by superstars and playing against inferior teams.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:52 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:07 pm
Woods is the reason I stoped watching NRL 360 with his complete BS and dribble .

I hope he is, so the Bulldogs fans can know our pain.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:56 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:52 pm
hobbo wrote:

Dogs fans already hate him .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

macca84

Post by macca84 » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 7:24 pm

Since everyone else is giving their 2 cents worth on Woods, I figure I'll join in.

Woods is a good prop. He was playing too many minutes for far too long. He's good for 130m+ every game and 25-30 tackles. He can be a bit lazy in defence, but the whole team (bar a few) have been pretty lazy the past few years. He was a good local kid, but was the wrong choice for captain. He's just not a natural leader or talker. If you look at the huddles after the opposition scored, you'd often see ET talking to the boys, even if Woods was on the field. Lawrence was the better choice for captain IMO.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 7:53 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:56 pm
Tacky wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Dogs fans already hate him .
Most don't. If you ever go on the Dog's forum (not advised) you'll find a lot of people excited about his signing.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

ancient magpie

Post by ancient magpie » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 8:44 pm

Woods only made so many metres be he was a hog and called for the ball twice in most sets and because he was Captain nobody was game to overrule .If blokes like Jessy Sue and Aloiai got the ball as much as woods thay would make as many metres as him and actually hurt the defence.Lets see how he goes when hes not top dog andTolman who is also a hog calls for the ball.Bring on Matuleno and Packer I say

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 8:56 pm

Tacky wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Yeah and you on the Kennel stirring them up.