Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by tigertye » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:06 am

I think a lot of our recruitment moving forward depends on just how serious and confident we are on signing Nathan Cleary. Him and Brooks could be absolutely lethal but he’d command massive dollars. If Cleary’s the long term goal behind closed doors I’d hate to be managing the cap. I’d imagine it’d be a huge risk to be working the future cap around the chance of signing Cleary.

I really hope that Ethan Lowe is being considered at as a backrow option. Big, tough, plays 80mins and can kick at over 80%.

Taupau and Klemmer would add to the pack big time and with Manly and Dog’s cap troubles you never know.

Mbye is a risk. Similar to Tui in the sense that he’s not an experienced fullback. Has that X-factor and speed, but whether he can offer more than Tui/Thompson, I’m not too sure. If the Dogs are chipping in a decent chunk of his salary he could be worth the risk.

There’s some other good options out there in the backs and forwards. Rhyse Martin, Oates, Pangai-Junior, Su’a, Gela-Mosby, Meaney, Kelly.


User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:08 am

Granville rumours must be nonsense then,,,,,,

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2508
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:12 am

TYGA wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:59 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:43 pm
TYGA wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:42 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 10:35 pm

So from listerning you reckon Mbye is a done deal.
Sounds that way as he shot down the Barba rumour but didn’t do the same with Mbye. It’s always tricky with a release though.
Would you be happy with the capture of Mbye?
Initially no. But at 500k p.a. For 3 years it’s a smart play. He’s 24 has time to grow under a good coach, fast and looks to have a good head on his shoulders. I thought we’d throw big money at an edge back rower as I can live with Thompson at fullback.
So do the Bulldogs have to offload the players this year or can they offload them next year?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:12 am

teddy23 wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:08 am
Granville rumours must be nonsense then,,,,,,
Never made much sense given his cost and Liddle being a long term option if he can stay healthy.

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:24 am

Centre - Brian Kelly, Josh Morris, Fergo
Fullback - Issako, Holmes, Mbye (nothing over 500k)
Prop - Lessan Ah Mau, Klemmer, Lodge (don't like him but god he's a good player)
Edge - Marty Kapow, Jayden Su'a, Ethan Lowe, Corey Oates
Utility - Victor Radley..... Jake Friend is loved by Uncle Nick

Would be happy with any of these players in suggested positions

50/50 on Lodge but...... Packer got his chance


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40842
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:30 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:09 pm
Leeson Ah Mau I would like...
Terepo or Keegan Hipgrave

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:50 am

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:12 am
TYGA wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:59 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:43 pm
TYGA wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:42 pm


Sounds that way as he shot down the Barba rumour but didn’t do the same with Mbye. It’s always tricky with a release though.
Would you be happy with the capture of Mbye?
Initially no. But at 500k p.a. For 3 years it’s a smart play. He’s 24 has time to grow under a good coach, fast and looks to have a good head on his shoulders. I thought we’d throw big money at an edge back rower as I can live with Thompson at fullback.
So do the Bulldogs have to offload the players this year or can they offload them next year?
They don’t have to release anyone apparently but it’s smart for them to do so to get some balance. I’m not sure how the league year works I think it starts in December so won’t benefit dogs much releasing before June 30.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 23 May, 2018 12:55 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:47 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:19 am
LOL theres 701 pages of crap
What's the record number of pages?
The Lortay and Farah threads, didn't they go aroudn 1000? IIRC the Tuqiri thread was the first to hit 1000 pages.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40842
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 1:00 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 9:53 pm
Kelly Egan is now on the Fox NRL Market Watch podcast.
You sure

All I heard was Ikin ,Emma Lawrence , Ben Glover

Kegs wasn't on ..... :(

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 1:45 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 1:00 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 9:53 pm
Kelly Egan is now on the Fox NRL Market Watch podcast.
You sure

All I heard was Ikin ,Emma Lawrence , Ben Glover

Kegs wasn't on ..... :(
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=198263

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33022
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 23 May, 2018 2:34 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:17 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:14 pm
Kev to replace Barba
Barba to replace Holmes
Holmes to replace Kev
Sounds like a good deal to me
What's to hold up
Maybe the hold up is that isn't the deal.
Correct

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33022
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 23 May, 2018 2:58 am

TYGA wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 10:35 pm
I have posted before but Barba/Holmes is nonsense Im VERY reliably informed if Barba leaves its to the Sharks and Holmes won’t leave or be released.
I've heard pretty much the same thing.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29290
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 23 May, 2018 6:22 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:55 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:47 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:19 am
LOL theres 701 pages of crap
What's the record number of pages?
The Lortay and Farah threads, didn't they go aroudn 1000? IIRC the Tuqiri thread was the first to hit 1000 pages.
At least they were somewhat specific.... This is random rubbish.
Does anybody read every page of this thread?
Every time I click last post read here.... There's another 10 pages which I bypass

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 991
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Furious1 » Wed 23 May, 2018 6:31 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 6:22 am
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:55 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:47 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:19 am
LOL theres 701 pages of crap
What's the record number of pages?
The Lortay and Farah threads, didn't they go aroudn 1000? IIRC the Tuqiri thread was the first to hit 1000 pages.
At least they were somewhat specific.... This is random rubbish.
Does anybody read every page of this thread?
Every time I click last post read here.... There's another 10 pages which I bypass
Yep, you would be wasting your life away if you read every page in this thread and for a pretty low return rate too.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29366
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Wed 23 May, 2018 6:43 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:55 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:47 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:19 am
LOL theres 701 pages of crap
What's the record number of pages?
The Lortay and Farah threads, didn't they go aroudn 1000? IIRC the Tuqiri thread was the first to hit 1000 pages.
Farah's Thread went for just over 300 pages but there was a bit of merging involved...Lortay while it may have seemed like 1000 clocked out at around 174...

More recently just on a specific player/s Woods and Tedesco are around the Lortay mark...

As for longest ..this wins by far..and we still just got Godinet... :lol:

If we had merged all the Sack the Coach threads over the years however Sheens and Taylor would have cracked 5000 pages easy
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3962
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 23 May, 2018 6:56 am

I'm not surprised this is the longest thread. Everyday in the media and even more so on social media their are rumours about player signing, There are podcast about Market Watch, Facebook pages , NRL360 would have much content if they didn't talk about Rumours.

It's good to have a place on the forum for all the rumours, otherwise rumours will clog up the rest of the threads. ATM, once it looks like a player might move or even if there contract is coming up it seems half the clubs in the NRL are then linked to that player.
in Ivan we distrust

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5498
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 23 May, 2018 7:00 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:30 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 11:09 pm
Leeson Ah Mau I would like...
Terepo or Keegan Hipgrave
Terepo? He can't even get a gig at the Eels even though they are propping up the table.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Wed 23 May, 2018 7:08 am

willow wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 2:58 am
TYGA wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 10:35 pm
I have posted before but Barba/Holmes is nonsense Im VERY reliably informed if Barba leaves its to the Sharks and Holmes won’t leave or be released.
I've heard pretty much the same thing.
Yes -never seemed feasible that Sharks would contemplate releasing a talent like Holmes even when and if Barba goes there.

Post Reply