Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Nucky Thompson

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 27 May, 2018 12:48 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 12:04 pm
Nick Meany playing on TV right now if anyone is interested.
Knights VS dragon ISC.
He looks like Mitch Moses.
Master junior looks capable. Very capable

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:01 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 12:48 pm
Demps wrote:
Knights VS dragon ISC.
Nine or Fox?
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:15 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 1:01 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Demps wrote:
Knights VS dragon ISC.
Nine or Fox?
Fox sports
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:13 pm

Not sure what to make out of it but watching the press conference after the game it looks as if Cleary hasn’t burned any bridges with Woods

When asked if woods was on the radar basically said the prop position is pretty stacked but as a player and person he’s someone the club would look at

I just find it interesting that he didn’t shut it down instead playing into it a little

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:16 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:13 pm
Not sure what to make out of it but watching the press conference after the game it looks as if Cleary hasn’t burned any bridges with Woods

When asked if woods was on the radar basically said the prop position is pretty stacked but as a player and person he’s someone the club would look at

I just find it interesting that he didn’t shut it down instead playing into it a little
Drive the price up for someone else

Ken Y

Post by Ken Y » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:17 pm

teddy23 wrote:

I watched that too. I took it as a def not interested at all. I think Ivan was just being polite regarding Woodsie.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:18 pm

Anyone else from the dogs we might be interested in after today's performance

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:18 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Demps wrote:
Knights VS dragon ISC.
Young Marsters is very highly regarded.

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:20 pm

If Woods did come back in it, I think it'd be at the expense of Chee-Kam or Taylor based on the current starting line-up. I could see this shift:

8. Packer
10. Woods
11. Lawrence
12. Taylor/Chee-Kam
13. Eisenhuth

14. Twal
15. Matulino
16. Aloiai

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:21 pm

Ken Y wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:17 pm
teddy23 wrote:

I watched that too. I took it as a def not interested at all. I think Ivan was just being polite regarding Woodsie.
I took it this way too, looks like a definite no and totally different to his answer on Mbye.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:22 pm

Demps wrote:
Knights VS dragon ISC.
x2 .. hahaha that's so funny as I had to have a second look as well cause i thought it was Mitchell Moses standing in the goal there too .. !!

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:29 pm

I dunno what to think of MCK, he's not big enough to be a starting back rower. Everytime he ran the ball up, he got smashed and pushed back. That's why he's more suited coming on when the opposition forwards are tired .. back to the bench MCK. Just shows how much we need a large hard hitting, line bending back rower .. ??

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:32 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:29 pm
I dunno what to think of MCK, he's not big enough to be a starting back rower. Everytime he ran the ball up, he got smashed and pushed back. That's why he's more suited coming on when the opposition forwards are tired .. back to the bench MCK. Just shows how much we need a large hard hitting, line bending back rower .. ??
No question. MCK isn’t the answer. The only player we have who possibly is is Aloiai. If not him, we need to sign someone who will be.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:32 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
No question. MCK isn’t the answer. The only player we have who possibly is is Aloiai. If not him, we need to sign someone who will be.
Yeah, like Hess, Tapau and Kikau. Can you imagine!?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:28 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Most seem to be happy enough with the job Lawrence is doing on the left (as they should be), so why do we need something different on the right? I'd be happy enough with an Ethan Lowe on the right playing for 80 so that all the interchanges could be used in the middle.

If we could land a Kikau, TPJ or Hess (playing like he was last year) then great, but realistically that's not going to happen so we might need to take a different approach.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 28 May, 2018 8:44 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 4:04 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 3:53 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 3:35 pm
Rumour over at the Kennel today that Coote will be going to the Dogs in 2019 pending the release of Mbye
So the people on the kennel are starting to come round to the idea that Mbye is leaving?
From what i'm seeing they are saying Mbye will be release this year. I may be wrong thou.
If they want Coote for next year and he is not getting much game time at the Cowboys it would make sense to do it asap.
Could be a straight swap of Mbye for Coote. Cows should have money (or vacant land for good mates who sign with the club). Bulldogs need to shed players bad and Coote would probably be a goodish cheap option.

I am not seeing a swap of Tui for Mbye making sense (let alone Coote).
Unproven raw talent for unproven and inconsistent raw talent and speed. (mbye)
Unproven raw talent for proven talent in a busted frame that places big questions on defense (Coote).
Unproven raw talent for flakey raw talent (French).

Just because the dogs pay a 400K player 750k per season, does not mean we get a bargain.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:01 am

My dad's friend knows Rona and apparently Rona told him at the pub that he was on the bus. I don't know if this is true or not. If it is we may have our 30 players.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:13 am

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:21 pm
Ken Y wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:17 pm
teddy23 wrote:

I took it this way too, looks like a definite no and totally different to his answer on Mbye.
Or maybe you all are wrong and Ivan would be still interested in Woods.
Props seem to be a premium market in the NRL, we are struggling to dent the line. We need an impact forward and I believe Manly are going to hold on to Taupau. It seemed like Ivan was trying to talk Woods back into resigning before he left. I actually think Ivan rates Woods.

Now add this in that Taylor has been knocked out a few times recently. Maybe Taylor is going to be Medically retired. I could see Ivan being interested in him.

I don't know if I would be recruiting Woods. Sure Canterbury may dump 200k for us to get him back. Hey they dump 400k and we get him on 400k a year, please! Woods can dent the line and play for 80, but he seems to much of a plodder.