Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

•  Recent Topics
helmesy

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by helmesy » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

Needaname wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:02 pm
Who left the club end of 2013, went to the cowboys and then ends up back in Sydney what last year? Was that when he popped up again. I’m keen to crack this.
Robert Lui

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 6:48 pm
krayola wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:45 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:31 am
But that is the problems with rumours , things can change so quickly ....in less than 12 hours sometimes

But my issue was the Anasta match fixing thread from a few years ago and the repercussions with the WT's management thereafter that is extremely concerning
Huh? What Anasta match fixing thread? Tell more...
After some Friday night game a few years ago (2013 ??) , SG had some text messages that apparently linked Braith to match fixing

Look it up if you like , sure it will be somewhere , it was closed so you can't bring it back up

Then the club found out some more stuff and someone got sacked by Mayer
The thread is still there...see Masterton's post above...

Now if we can only crack who had the office next to Mayer,,re Irvine V Gun ruler out...those were the days...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:45 pm

helmesy wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm
Needaname wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:02 pm
Who left the club end of 2013, went to the cowboys and then ends up back in Sydney what last year? Was that when he popped up again. I’m keen to crack this.
Robert Lui
Isn't he looking for the identity of SG.

I'm thinking it would be an older bloke like ex official etc rather than ex player

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:28 pm

SG
Shannon Gallant
Played for the tigers between 2007 and 2009

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:13 pm

It really was laughable....we sucked arse big time back then....we didnt need to try to lose games...it came easy for us. It was a low blow from someone 3/4s out the door..the guy doesnt love the club, he loves himself

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:20 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 3:05 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:47 pm
krayola wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 1:37 pm
Here we are, on page 532 of the ‘Signings and Rumours’ thread getting upset at someone touting a signing. What, the rumour isn’t official enough?

The SG/Yoss showdown was hilarious. SG has had some info. that was on the money, so people need to breathe. If you don’t like rumours, don’t read his thread and for god’s sake, don’t read this one!
can you name one rumor smoking gun has got correct lately.

There a difference of mentioning a rumor on a thread which yoss and the pom do and they way SG creates his own thread with limited info speculating god knows what
I don't have a drama with it. If he/she heard a convincing rumour from a reliable source and posted it, all good. It got the forum buzzing. If the rumour was wrong, so be it. It was a rumour after all. Some people get a tiny tidbit and turn it into a buffet dinner. Next time, pick up the salt first.
Spot on, and at this stage nothing has been proven, right or wrong, come friday however, differerent story, even if it is wrong I have no problem with it.

Would you have a problem with it if he made the rumour up with his imagination with no source whatsoever.

This is my issue.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 6:48 pm
krayola wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:45 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:31 am
But that is the problems with rumours , things can change so quickly ....in less than 12 hours sometimes

But my issue was the Anasta match fixing thread from a few years ago and the repercussions with the WT's management thereafter that is extremely concerning
Huh? What Anasta match fixing thread? Tell more...
After some Friday night game a few years ago (2013 ??) , SG had some text messages that apparently linked Braith to match fixing

Look it up if you like , sure it will be somewhere , it was closed so you can't bring it back up

Then the club found out some more stuff and someone got sacked by Mayer
The thread is still there...see Masterton's post above...

Now if we can only crack who had the office next to Mayer,,re Irvine V Gun ruler out...those were the days...
Irvine had a reall agenda on someone at tigers who was at again?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:23 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:20 pm
851 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:47 pm

can you name one rumor smoking gun has got correct lately.

There a difference of mentioning a rumor on a thread which yoss and the pom do and they way SG creates his own thread with limited info speculating god knows what
I don't have a drama with it. If he/she heard a convincing rumour from a reliable source and posted it, all good. It got the forum buzzing. If the rumour was wrong, so be it. It was a rumour after all. Some people get a tiny tidbit and turn it into a buffet dinner. Next time, pick up the salt first.
Spot on, and at this stage nothing has been proven, right or wrong, come friday however, differerent story, even if it is wrong I have no problem with it.

Would you have a problem with it if he made the rumour up with his imagination with no source whatsoever.

This is my issue.
There will always be posters, regardless of the strike rate of the one giving the info who will shrug off any bad info and encourage said poster to keep it coming because they are so desperate for info.

I could make up a rumour tomorrow saying we’re on the verge of signing Thurston. There would be a lot who would give it to me when I am wrong, but there would also be a few who defend me, saying it’s good for the forum.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:23 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
851 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

This is my issue.
There will always be posters, regardless of the strike rate of the one giving the info who will shrug off any bad info and encourage said poster to keep it coming because they are so desperate for info.

I could make up a rumour tomorrow saying we’re on the verge of signing Thurston. There would be a lot who would give it to me when I am wrong, but there would also be a few who defend me, saying it’s good for the forum.
Yep agree.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:23 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
851 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

This is my issue.

The point being though, that you never know whether the intel is good or not until the club verifies it. Yes anybody can make up whatever they want and post it as hot goss. After a while though, as their strike rate was continuously proven wrong, they'd start smelling like Rothfields socks and nobody would pay attention. It's a forum, not the Bible.
"Quality Stupidity"

cochise

Post by cochise » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 11:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:13 pm
It really was laughable....we sucked arse big time back then....we didnt need to try to lose games...it came easy for us. It was a low blow from someone 3/4s out the door..the guy doesnt love the club, he loves himself
He definitely doesn't love you

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:52 pm

Latest from the ever reliable “Lurker Gosssss”
Jeffrey Lin: Who are the Tigers chasing

The Lurker: They’ve signed 20 blokes!!! But they do want Tuivasa-Sheck and/or Barba for 2019.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm

I have signed a letter of intent with the tiger (I wrote it myself). Now if they just sign it and return it to me, there is the game changing signing to be announced this week.
Have a bit of work to do, as I make Suli look like a Mr Universe winner

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:13 pm

So just to get up to date - there is no big signing to be announced?

I wish there was as this would be a great boost heading into the season..

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:26 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:13 pm
So just to get up to date - there is no big signing to be announced?

I wish there was as this would be a great boost heading into the season..
About 79 hours to ground zero!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:40 pm

But the question is this

Do we want our club to leak stories like a broken sieve or remain tight lipped

It's a bit like finding out the sex of your baby , do you want to know at the time of the scan or be surprised when your child is born ??

Personally I'd rather we keep our integrity

I wonder if the Barba rumour was a set up by the club to find out where leaks were coming from .........again
Last edited by happy tiger on Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:56 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm
I have signed a letter of intent with the tiger (I wrote it myself). Now if they just sign it and return it to me, there is the game changing signing to be announced this week.
Have a bit of work to do, as I make Suli look like a Mr Universe winner
This is awesome. I can't wait to see you on the park.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm

Smoking Gun has lost ALL credibility.

Must say he sucked me in.

Hey, great bants.

Credibility - not so much
Let's make the Tigers great again!