Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

bathursttiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 7:31 am

Nelson wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:03 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:53 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:53 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:54 am

You certainly wouldnt be getting into a bidding war for him. I can see him seeing a bit of reserves this year.
An $800k reserve grade player, says a lot about backending contracts.
:roll
Are you kidding or is he really on that much???
I thought we learned something about paying huge money to underachieving players,.surely he’s not on that, even backended
No he's not on anything like that. The only rumoured possible reserve grader on an $800K back-ended contract is Greg Eastwood.
Eastwood renewed his contract with the Bulldogs in 2016 for $650K a season, and it was widely reported that it was backended so it wouldn't take much backending to push it to the figure reported $800K.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 8:47 am

Snake wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:48 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 5:06 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 6:42 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 8:15 pm
Brad Arthur desperately wants Sue at the Eels in 2019
How u know that?
Sadly, if Sue continues down the concussion path he did in 2017, he'll be joining Fulton in 2019 not the Eels....tbh, Sue needs to step up another level in 2018 for me to say lets keep him....hope he does though
Believe Sue’s career will be short lived unfortunately he has had way to many concussions and there is no reason to think next season will be any different.It is unfortunate but the modern game and litigation will see to that .

Yeah, his game relies heavily on good collision, so can't see him lasting much longer unless he can find a way to keep his head out of danger.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 8:16 am

Telltails wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 4:46 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 1:00 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 9:13 am
Nelson wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 8:04 am

There was talk of BMM to Titans but then there was talk that his ESL side were refusing to release him.
He is still no better than when we had him imo - still full of errors, uncontrolled aggression and gives away penalties. One pass for a try does not make him a beast - unless it is a fairy tale that is.
I agree.

I'm always wary of players having a standout tournament after middling club form - it's probably a mental thing, riding the wave of the Tongan tilt.

Not to say BMM is no good and I'd be happy to take a punt again, but he basically failed to nail it at Tigers and Panthers, and is doing alright in what is an inferior ESL competition.

Big step to come back to the NRL and be a consistent weekly contributor. I reckon he'll still get found out by the pace of the NRL, happens to plenty of players.

Or maybe he has matured and is a better footballer? The club knows better than anyone, he was here for a long time.
At 26 he is at the perfect age in terms of physicality, and is also maturing as a young man. I reckon he is worth a risk - at the right price - wouldnt be disappointed if he filled the remaining position.
Not into this back to the future thing , he didn't help us get it done first time round , let's get someone who might get it done

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 8:26 am

No 30 has to be a real class player who is a walk up start for the run on team, we have experience, we have grunt but we are way down on speed and class. Who this player is..is anyone guess, but please no more back ups to the back ups

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 9:11 am

I'd say we're good odds picking up a player as a mid season signing at some point.

helmesy

Unread post by helmesy » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 9:22 am

This article https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh ... 05tzd.html says we have room in the cap for two more players.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 9:30 am

I'm probably in the minority, but the whole bus thing does my head in. As Cleary said, it was a throwaway line. The extent to which it's taken off is way ott imo.

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:20 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 9:30 am
I'm probably in the minority, but the whole bus thing does my head in. As Cleary said, it was a throwaway line. The extent to which it's taken off is way ott imo.
X2

It's bordering on cringeworthy .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

steve-o

Unread post by steve-o » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:50 am

I can't wait until we move on from this "on the bus" analogy. In the finals sounds a lot better to me
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

bp tiger

Unread post by bp tiger » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:50 am

has anyone heard anything concrete about grant going back to the panthers, a friend said yesterday it was a done deal.

tiger_one

Unread post by tiger_one » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:56 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
#onthebus is another way to signify one team, one focus, all for one and one for all type of thing, in the same way that we had the "double the excitement etc etc " in seasons past.

Personally, I love it.
So what if it was a throwaway line.
It really says it all for the fans.

And maybe more importantly, we don't want our team players to again ever get into a position where the individual player is more important than the club or the team.

No more sooks, no more ME ME ME, no more blame.

Like everyone I know who follows Wests Tigers, we are there for our team and we would want our team players to want that too.

So I''m #onthebus!

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:36 am

Our CEO at work was conducting communication sessions with the staff in small groups, when our session was about half way through he used the phrase "On the bus" which all of my team started laughing.
I was called to a meeting with him so he could find out what caused the laughter.
I explained that I was a mad Tigers fan and their coach had used the same phrase.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:36 am

tiger_one wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:56 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
#onthebus is another way to signify one team, one focus, all for one and one for all type of thing, in the same way that we had the "double the excitement etc etc " in seasons past.

Personally, I love it.
So what if it was a throwaway line.
It really says it all for the fans.

And maybe more importantly, we don't want our team players to again ever get into a position where the individual player is more important than the club or the team.

No more sooks, no more ME ME ME, no more blame.

Like everyone I know who follows Wests Tigers, we are there for our team and we would want our team players to want that too.

So I''m #onthebus!
Understandable. However, there is a happy medium. We don't have to strangle ourselves by going on and on and on about unity. There's obviously a renewed sense of pride in the jersey and a sense of it being about the team which is great, but some of it is bordering on cringeworthy.

barra

Unread post by barra » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:37 am

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:50 am
has anyone heard anything concrete about grant going back to the panthers, a friend said yesterday it was a done deal.
Surely we would not release without a replacement?

LARDS

Unread post by LARDS » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 12:34 pm

barra wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:37 am
bp tiger wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:50 am
Surely we would not release without a replacement?
NaaaaaaaaaaaPaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Nucky Thompson

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 12:36 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:36 am
Our CEO at work was conducting communication sessions with the staff in small groups, when our session was about half way through he used the phrase "On the bus" which all of my team started laughing.
I was called to a meeting with him so he could find out what caused the laughter.
I explained that I was a mad Tigers fan and their coach had used the same phrase.
Lots of corporates use on the bus. Heard a few say it now.

Funny how viral it went when Ivan said it. The phase couldn't describe our situation at the time any better.

momo&medo

Unread post by momo&medo » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 1:04 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:20 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
X2

It's bordering on cringeworthy .

Needaname

Unread post by Needaname » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 1:35 pm

I disagree.
As Ivan said it was a throwaway line based on the perceived lack of commitment from our current squad and probably summed up how everyone felt at the time. Players that had committed, administration and fans alike.
Having it as our promotional sloggon for this year's membership drive suits the adjenda and much better placed than rising up.
Once we are confident the team and fans have all caught the bus then we can look to another catch phrase.
For now it was just what we needed to unify everyone ascociated with Wests Tigers.

Interesting the article states we have enough money for 2 more rostered players when it's been widely publicized we have filled 29 out of 30 spots.
I'm sure we are not going to throw a million dollars at our last signing considering we may be making a mid year signing which would be at least 50% less that what you would pay in November.
Maybe Grant has jumped on the Greater Western Buss.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”