Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by joelw2002 » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:50 pm

Clearyweareone wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:33 am
With the proposed changes to the interchange (8 to 6) would Woods who plays big minutes would be a good option.

I would play Woods as an 80 minute lock. Josh McGuire, Corey Parker and Paul Gallen have all played prop and lock in their careers. It would give our pack some much needed size.?

My pack would be for 2018

Twal
Liddle
Packer
Aloiaia
Lawrence
Woods (could spend some time at prop as well)

Bench

Mats
Huth
MCK (cover backs and forwards)
Garner/Taylor (there are always injuries)

With Marshall gone in 2019 no need to carry a back on the bench.

Would not resign Sue or Grant in 2019.
I definitely think Grant will be gone at the end of this year, most likely to Newcastle. But I would keep Sue, good interchange front rower, runs the ball hard and make good metres, can also break through tackles and smashes people, just like how he smashed Matt Scott running it at him at full speed and Sue was standing still. If not, he'll be a good backup in ISP.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.


will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:50 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:33 pm
will1999 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:24 pm
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Woods
11. Lawrence
12. Garner
13. Taylor
14. Twal
15. Eisenhuth
16. Aloiai
Aloiai out. Matalino in.
forgot about him yeah he would replace Aloiai

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:53 pm

Granville resigns with cowboys for 3 years
Last edited by AnnandaleTiger on Mon 28 May, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:54 pm

Granville resigns with cowboys for 3 years

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/05 ... h-cowboys/

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:55 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:54 pm
Granville resigns with cowboys for 3 years

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/05 ... h-cowboys/
Good. He's past it. Need to look elsewhere.


AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:04 pm

Absolutely

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:05 pm

Seantice wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:55 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:54 pm
Granville resigns with cowboys for 3 years

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/05 ... h-cowboys/
Good. He's past it. Need to look elsewhere.
Maybe it's time to have a sneaky look in the super league.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20957
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:06 pm

That's unfortunate. We need another dummy half badly. ET sucks.

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

Post by kingbrooks » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:24 pm

Liddle will be an 80 minute player in a few years and if the interchange changes to 6 there may not be room for a 2nd hooker.

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 6:06 pm
That's unfortunate. We need another dummy half badly. ET sucks.
We do. But not Granville.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:00 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:32 am
Spacecub wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 12:04 pm
Muffstar wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 8:05 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 4:08 pm


If he's willing to take a pay cut.
I would have Woodsie back no problems. Much better than Sue, Twal , Grant etc. But tne price has to be right, I could understand everyone wanting to leave under Taylor, but i think he would have liked to continue under Cleary imo.
Watched sue yesterday against the jets...hes a deadset waste of cap space,twal....not sure yet, Grant and eisenhuth are plodders
If we can get arron back at the right cost
We should take him
It astounds me that some consider Twal & Huth to be plodders.
Those fellas are rolling up their sleeves and are a massive part isf why we are such a good defensive unit this season. Unlike previous years with Woods lazy attitude.
Do you know what the term plodder means, Doc? It means a player who lumbers up with the ball with no or virtually no line bending ability. The term describes Eisenhuth nicely. Hard worker but a plodder. I haven't heard anyone describe Twal as a plodder. He runs with good vigour.
Last edited by stevied on Mon 28 May, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:10 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 6:24 pm
Liddle will be an 80 minute player in a few years and if the interchange changes to 6 there may not be room for a 2nd hooker.
Liddle needs an experienced mentor. Its got to be hard for him to come into the side at 21 and lead from dummy half without any help. I assume thats why Granville was being looked at.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

User avatar
jrtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by jrtiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:35 pm

Parcell would be good for rotation with Lids, but an experienced campaigner as Tacky said certainly wouldn't go astray.

User avatar
Tiger_Pete
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu 21 Jul, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Tiger_Pete » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:41 pm

From the Tele -

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman confirms centre Brian Kelly will be at Manly in 2019
MAY 28, 2018

MANLY CEO Lyall Gorman has confirmed the Sea Eagles will retain centre Brian Kelly despite fears he could be released due to the club’s salary cap drama.

Kelly had received interest from the Wests Tigers and Cowboys, but Gorman said the Lismore-born back is contracted and staying at Brookvale.

“Brian is contracted for next year,” Gorman told The Daily Telegraph about Kelly, who has scored three tries in 12 games this year.

“Absolutely, he will be here next season.”

Kelly’s retainment is a big boost for a Manly side that has been plagued by off-field drama all season.

The Sea Eagles’ cap situation has forced the club to part ways with a number of players, including Fijian flyer Aku Uate.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:50 pm

Peter Wallace for a year or two would be a good pick up

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 6:06 pm
That's unfortunate. We need another dummy half badly. ET sucks.
I know you dont like to blame a coach but seriously its not even Taylors fault. he is close to the end at backrow, playing him at hooker is just a bad coaching decision.

Cleary is 90% on the money but this one isnt working.
Its an opinion!

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:54 pm

Kelly no certainty then and not such a done deal after all

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:55 pm

Tiger_Pete wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:41 pm
From the Tele -

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman confirms centre Brian Kelly will be at Manly in 2019
MAY 28, 2018

MANLY CEO Lyall Gorman has confirmed the Sea Eagles will retain centre Brian Kelly despite fears he could be released due to the club’s salary cap drama.

Kelly had received interest from the Wests Tigers and Cowboys, but Gorman said the Lismore-born back is contracted and staying at Brookvale.

“Brian is contracted for next year,” Gorman told The Daily Telegraph about Kelly, who has scored three tries in 12 games this year.

“Absolutely, he will be here next season.”

Kelly’s retainment is a big boost for a Manly side that has been plagued by off-field drama all season.

The Sea Eagles’ cap situation has forced the club to part ways with a number of players, including Fijian flyer Aku Uate.

Fantastic news. The guy is average, no better or worse than our existing depth players.
Its an opinion!

Post Reply