Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by The Patriot » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:45 pm

And i wouldnt be giving up on Tui Lolehea just yet.
Its an opinion!


User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:56 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:43 pm
Im not sure what channel people are watching their NRL on but is very different to the one i watch it on.

Granville is a very talented hooker and can carve up

Holmes is a class act, quick, agile, skillful.

Mybe is one of the most under rated players in the comp. Its not much different to how Brooks has come on this year. He was not suited to those Hasler plays. At fullback or even centre he can offer more. Whats more the guy is intelligent and switched on, he has his head right.

Thank god Ivan is doing this recruiting!
One of the only people liking the prospect of these signings. I like it ;).
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:02 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:45 pm
I heard last week Bellamy had all but agreed to stay at the storm for 3 years, next day Smith quits rep footy, don't know if they are related
Go hard or go home

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2576
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:02 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:43 pm
Im not sure what channel people are watching their NRL on but is very different to the one i watch it on.

Granville is a very talented hooker and can carve up

Holmes is a class act, quick, agile, skillful.

Mybe is one of the most under rated players in the comp. Its not much different to how Brooks has come on this year. He was not suited to those Hasler plays. At fullback or even centre he can offer more. Whats more the guy is intelligent and switched on, he has his head right.

Thank god Ivan is doing this recruiting!
Glad I'm not alone with this thinking.
Fun police might not like it though
:sign:

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:04 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:02 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:45 pm
I heard last week Bellamy had all but agreed to stay at the storm for 3 years, next day Smith quits rep footy, don't know if they are related
Apparently 5 mil over 4 years


TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:06 pm

Kelly would be a great combo with Marsters, we should have extended Marsters for longer, he is killing it and will be worth top dollar in 2 years - a robust centre capable of standing, offloading and a good shimmy to boot. Kelly has the pace to capitalise on these abilities that Marsters possesses.
The jury is out with Mbye but a change of club environments could just be the trigger he needs. Reynolds is probably wining & dining Mbye as we speak.
I’ve rated Granville the best NRL hooker over the past few years but his explosive pace off the mark is not there this years, he appears to be playing busted! I agree that Jacob Liddle is our future, he will build up further over the offseason, which is key to his future in first grade.
After a great start to the season Benji has bought himself a rose coloured mirror and a subscription to The Daily Telegraph.

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:11 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:43 pm
Im not sure what channel people are watching their NRL on but is very different to the one i watch it on.

Granville is a very talented hooker and can carve up

Holmes is a class act, quick, agile, skillful.

Mybe is one of the most under rated players in the comp. Its not much different to how Brooks has come on this year. He was not suited to those Hasler plays. At fullback or even centre he can offer more. Whats more the guy is intelligent and switched on, he has his head right.

Thank god Ivan is doing this recruiting!
I don’t doubt Granville’s talent I think he’s an excellent running hooker and hits hard in defence by memory, the question is do we really need him or would you prefer to put 600k on a top liner forward - eg. Kapow

Holmes is one I like, the kid oozes talent and I personally would be really happy with him if he came

With Mbye it’s a difficult one he has been touted to be a classy player and was stuck under the strict structure of Halsers coaching philosophy, and under Pay he seems to be improving while the dogs obviously rated him highly enough to throw 750-800k a year at him over 3-4 years he seems to be a real culture guy which probably is the main attraction from Cleary, he seems intelligent and a real hard worker you can tell by his work on Fox at times throughout the year..... as I’ve stated in the past I’m not a huge fan of him and wouldn’t be particularly upset if we missed out but if the dogs are paying half and we’re only paying 500k then you’d take a stab

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:14 pm

Kev to replace Barba
Barba to replace Holmes
Holmes to replace Kev
Sounds like a good deal to me
What's to hold up

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21022
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:17 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:14 pm
Kev to replace Barba
Barba to replace Holmes
Holmes to replace Kev
Sounds like a good deal to me
What's to hold up
Maybe the hold up is that isn't the deal.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:21 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:14 pm
Kev to replace Barba
Barba to replace Holmes
Holmes to replace Kev
Sounds like a good deal to me
What's to hold up
Holmes on the wing sounds like a better deal for the Sharks where he is contracted. They are losing Leutele, Ramien and probably Gallen, Lewis and released Hodkinson. They would have a lot of cap room. If Holmes has a dummy spit it’s more likely he goes back to the Cowboys where he is from.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:26 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:11 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:43 pm
Im not sure what channel people are watching their NRL on but is very different to the one i watch it on.

Granville is a very talented hooker and can carve up

Holmes is a class act, quick, agile, skillful.

Mybe is one of the most under rated players in the comp. Its not much different to how Brooks has come on this year. He was not suited to those Hasler plays. At fullback or even centre he can offer more. Whats more the guy is intelligent and switched on, he has his head right.

Thank god Ivan is doing this recruiting!
I don’t doubt Granville’s talent I think he’s an excellent running hooker and hits hard in defence by memory, the question is do we really need him or would you prefer to put 600k on a top liner forward - eg. Kapow

Holmes is one I like, the kid oozes talent and I personally would be really happy with him if he came

With Mbye it’s a difficult one he has been touted to be a classy player and was stuck under the strict structure of Halsers coaching philosophy, and under Pay he seems to be improving while the dogs obviously rated him highly enough to throw 750-800k a year at him over 3-4 years he seems to be a real culture guy which probably is the main attraction from Cleary, he seems intelligent and a real hard worker you can tell by his work on Fox at times throughout the year..... as I’ve stated in the past I’m not a huge fan of him and wouldn’t be particularly upset if we missed out but if the dogs are paying half and we’re only paying 500k then you’d take a stab

For sure we get Mybe on reduced coin.

If its a 3 year deal and we only chip in 750k that would be an outstanding deal. it would also set us up for a crack at Cleary.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21022
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:30 pm

We're no chance for Holmes imo. Cowboys seems like a pretty obvious destination for him seeing as how they have no fullback and Townsville is where he's from. Seems to make sense.

I think Mbye is the go.

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:31 pm

I’m a Tui fan so it’s exciting to see him back at fullback this week, he’ll be keen to impress now that Mbye has been linked.
Tui just needs to work on his positional play at fullback, hopefully Hodgo has made that a priority during Tui’s exile.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21022
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:34 pm

And if by some chance an announcement on Mbye is imminent, i would guess it would not be made till after we play them on the weekend.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:44 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:31 pm
I’m a Tui fan so it’s exciting to see him back at fullback this week, he’ll be keen to impress now that Mbye has been linked.
Tui just needs to work on his positional play at fullback, hopefully Hodgo has made that a priority during Tui’s exile.
Me too I like Tui. I think a good centre, one backrower and a good prop. Junior Paulo would have been perfect
Let's make the Tigers great again!

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3800
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:55 pm

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:10 pm
Here is my opinion - I like the Granville rumor. Good quality hooker to guide Liddle and provide competition. We lack quality in that department although I would try and get these 2 blokes if we could not get Granville - Adam Milner (Castleford - can play lock and hooker and is off contract) and Matt Parcells (Hooker played for Manly and now at Leeds killing it). Both players would not cost the earth.

Mbye would be good signing but only at FB which means depending on how this year goes I would offload Tui.
If Brian Kelly comes over then he replaces Kev which is an upgrade.
With that we should target a 2nd rower and another Prop (Leeson Ah Mau, Nat Butcher, John Bateman, Liam Watts).
That would round off the team with some quality and depth. I can only dream though but we do have money to spend.
Inside Sport on Facebook are say John Bateman and Ryan Sutton are close to signing with Canberra. As they have lost Boyd.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Tue 22 May, 2018 8:25 pm

Heard Flanagan on the radio (MMM)

He said the Sharks have not approached Barba or made any overtures. He did however say that Barba would be welcome to return.

For some reason I believe him, Flanagan is pretty down the line. Also if you have talked with a player, you would probably say it. It's not that controversial and hey Barba is in Britain. Well the Sharks have Moylan, Dugan and Holmes, where would Barba fit? I guess it would only be if they loose Holmes that a Barba return makes sense.

I vaguely remember a WT and Barba roumer and maybe we made an offer. (probably a fizzer, also we shouldn't look to Barba. He, like Moylan should not figure in our plans at all).

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Tue 22 May, 2018 9:27 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:56 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:43 pm
Im not sure what channel people are watching their NRL on but is very different to the one i watch it on.

Granville is a very talented hooker and can carve up

Holmes is a class act, quick, agile, skillful.

Mybe is one of the most under rated players in the comp. Its not much different to how Brooks has come on this year. He was not suited to those Hasler plays. At fullback or even centre he can offer more. Whats more the guy is intelligent and switched on, he has his head right.

Thank god Ivan is doing this recruiting!
One of the only people liking the prospect of these signings. I like it ;).
X2

Post Reply