Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

tig_prmz

Re: New Signing Rumours Superthread

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:53 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:22 pm
Reece Hodge form the Melbourne Rebels. Great kicker as well
dont think he has a background of league plus he plays for the wallabies, will be getting offers left right and centre if rebels go under
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:53 pm

WT will look at and talk to most decent off contract players.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:54 pm

Whilst im not a huge fan of the GRUB i think under Cleary's mentoring he might come out a better player
Plus a change of scenery from the dogs will help

If he cost $200Kk less than Widdop then why not..
Gives us more money to use elsewhere

Anyone else get the Feeling Ivan likes and rates the Kiwi boys .

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:55 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:45 pm
The Queen wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:42 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:18 pm
I'd much prefer Widdop. Cleary needs to factor in with Moses gone we are without a goal kicker next year which is where Widdop should take sway over Reynolds. I know Reynolds is on the nose with a lot of people, but you can't coach the heart and tenacity he has. Something sorely lacking in our playing ranks.

As far as fullbacks go, I would be distraught landing Dugan or Hoppa. Would much rather approach the Warriors and seeing if they would grant Lolohea a release OR sign Gagai and play him at fullback.

Lolohea kicks goals there was talk he was going to the Broncos next year to play 5/8 and I don't think he has a contact for next year
He does but his future at the Warriors looks pretty bleak. So it might not take much to secure his release. He'd be the best option imo.

They also have the wiz kid Ata Hingano maybe pinch him play him at 5/8

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:56 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:50 pm
nrlcountrytiger wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:38 pm
If Tedesco goes We MUST TARGET DANE GAGAI I think he might even be better then tedesco and I love tedesco but even Latrell Mitchell is probly better Just saying there are players out there maybe even someone from the UK or Rugby Union options even

Darius Boyd & Billy Slater are both off contract next year and are better fullbacks than Tedesco - if we have so much cash to spend why aren't we targeting them instead of chasing also rans?
If you were Boyd or Slater would you leave your clubs with a great playing roster and arguably the best 2 coaches in the game to come play for the Tigers. They are both Test fullbacks and it isn't like the Tigers is close to Brisbane or Melbourne. Both are coming towards the end of their careers and one injury could mean that their careers are over (especially Slater given his run of injuries in the past few years).
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:57 pm

The Queen wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:55 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:45 pm
The Queen wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:42 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:18 pm
I'd much prefer Widdop. Cleary needs to factor in with Moses gone we are without a goal kicker next year which is where Widdop should take sway over Reynolds. I know Reynolds is on the nose with a lot of people, but you can't coach the heart and tenacity he has. Something sorely lacking in our playing ranks.

As far as fullbacks go, I would be distraught landing Dugan or Hoppa. Would much rather approach the Warriors and seeing if they would grant Lolohea a release OR sign Gagai and play him at fullback.
Lolohea kicks goals there was talk he was going to the Broncos next year to play 5/8 and I don't think he has a contact for next year
He does but his future at the Warriors looks pretty bleak. So it might not take much to secure his release. He'd be the best option imo.

They also have the wiz kid Ata Hingano maybe pinch him play him at 5/8
Idk, I'd rather an old head like Widdop in the halves. Seems like ages since we've had one.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:58 pm

Poor outcome above. Let's hope not.

Don't want duges, hops or Reynolds they aren't going to get us anywhere.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:48 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:40 pm
To have Tedesco, Johnson and a good forward pack then Woods definitely needs to leave.
I am with you and would love to have Johnson and think that he would really suit this team. It is a big ask to make him come across the ditch but he can bring Matulino with him and he will have a former coach in Ivan Cleary.
It all depends on how much a couple of backrowers and a decent centre/winger will cost us.
Agreed, I would let woods go in a heart beat to get Shaun with us, I think forwards are easier to come by than players like Shaun.
Letting Forwards go to get Show Ponies... No Thanks!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:10 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm
BodhiTiger wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
To have Tedesco, Johnson and a good forward pack then Woods definitely needs to leave.
I am with you and would love to have Johnson and think that he would really suit this team. It is a big ask to make him come across the ditch but he can bring Matulino with him and he will have a former coach in Ivan Cleary.
It all depends on how much a couple of backrowers and a decent centre/winger will cost us.
Agreed, I would let woods go in a heart beat to get Shaun with us, I think forwards are easier to come by than players like Shaun.
NO, Letting an overpaid forward with no desire to be at the club go so we can buy a qualtity NRL player who has established themselves as a proven NRL performer and who is value for money

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:14 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:10 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
BodhiTiger wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
NO, Letting an overpaid forward with no desire to be at the club go so we can buy a qualtity NRL player who has established themselves as a proven NRL performer and who is value for money
I saw you picked Cody Walker as a possible option for the Kangaroos... You have no idea!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:17 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:14 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
BodhiTiger wrote:

I saw you picked Cody Walker as a possible option for the Kangaroos... You have no idea!
If Thurston is out injured who would you pick to replace him?

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:17 pm

This is the latest Ali Garbage for those who read it ( I clearly do lol)

Ali's latest Nrl rumours
45 mins ·
NRL NEWS, RUMOURS + SIGNINGS!!
- Josh Reynolds leaving or staying at the Dogs?, Sharks new recruit wants out?, Storm player heading to England?, Penrith set to re-sign another?, Who do the Tigers and Dragons want to sign?
FIND OUT BELOW!!!!
LIKE LIKE COMMENT COMMENT SHARE SHARE
- The Bulldogs have offered James Tedesco and Aaron Woods from Wests Tigers 4 year deals. Aaron Woods is all but gone but James Tedesco i still don't know.....
- Mitchell Moses will be released by the Wests Tigers to join the Parramatta Eels after the round 7 clash against the Eels. So he will play for the Eels from round 8 and onwards.
- The Newcastle Knights and the Wests Tigers are interested in signing Bulldogs forward James Graham!!!!
- The Wests Tigers want Ben Matulino from the Warriors and Gareth Widdop + Russell Packer from the Dragons from season 2017 and onwards...
- Bulldogs have offered Josh Reynolds a deal worth 400k a season however he wants 700k+ a season. The Sharks and Tigers both are interested in him!!
- Tony Williams has only just arrived at Cronulla this season and already he wants out.....
- The Bulldogs are also shopping William Hopoate to several clubs as the club look to clear the decks for next year. In my opinion he will leave along with Josh Reynolds......
- Melbourne Storm player Cheyse Blair looks set to head overseas and play in the English Super League!!
- Penrith Panthers have offered Viliame Kikau a new 2 year deal....
- The Melbourne Storm are now very interested in signing NZ Warriors player Kieran Foran from season 2018 and onwards as a replacement for Cooper Cronk!!!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:22 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:17 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

Well, its not really up to me but one thing is for certain, the Queensland Selectors on the panel are not going to let a bloke from NSW to replace a Queenslander in such an important role.

I understand your a kid, so I'll leave it there

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:30 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:22 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:

Well, its not really up to me but one thing is for certain, the Queensland Selectors on the panel are not going to let a bloke from NSW to replace a Queenslander in such an important role.

The Cows will pick Jahrome Hughes to replace Thurston if Coote isn't fit

Jahrome Hughes can play as well , trust me

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:30 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

Hughes is signed with Melbourne, playing for Sunshine Coast at present

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:34 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:30 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:

Hughes is signed with Melbourne, playing for Sunshine Coast at present
Bugger me , missed that one Sorry for the misinfo

Kid can play though , maybe they don't need to replace Cronk

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:42 pm

Storm favourites to sign Foran according to Paul Kent.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 8:42 pm
Storm favourites to sign Foran according to Paul Kent.
I don't believe that... Melbourne is still a long way from sydney
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers