Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Fibros » Wed 16 May, 2018 1:41 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 1:31 pm
Tarl wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 1:00 pm
A possible cheeky hint at our future...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/14/ins ... pisode-11/

Watch 11:42 to 11:55
"If he ends up at the Tigers, he'll be the richest player in the game" ??

No he wouldn't, Ivan wouldn't pay overs for his son, that would put even more pressure on the kid to perform. He'd pay him what he's worth.
Agreed. Its a 1/2 witted comment.
We will smash em 50+ get on.


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 16 May, 2018 2:11 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/16/gol ... prop-boyd/

i guess we can cross Shannon Boyd off our list.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 16 May, 2018 2:23 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 2:11 pm
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/16/gol ... prop-boyd/

i guess we can cross Shannon Boyd off our list.
Well he wasn't on my list but it's good to see a rival club burn a bucketload of cash on him.

User avatar
Skip
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun 30 Apr, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Skip » Wed 16 May, 2018 2:51 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 1:39 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 1:32 pm
We don't need current representative players...

We have Chee-Kam..
All this talk about Chee-Kam, yeah he's not bad, but I rate Fonua as more explosive, and as more having that x factor. More 'beast'ly too. Needs a louder alarm though.

Do you guys have a MCK-like Fonua club ?

PS. Marsters too I rate more important to WT than MCK. ;)
Both Marsters and Fonua are better than MCK, its just that MCK has been playing good consistently even with little time he gets on the field. Tho he stepped his game up in the Warriors game.
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40155
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:02 pm

EzyTyga wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 2:51 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 1:39 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 1:32 pm
We don't need current representative players...

We have Chee-Kam..
All this talk about Chee-Kam, yeah he's not bad, but I rate Fonua as more explosive, and as more having that x factor. More 'beast'ly too. Needs a louder alarm though.

Do you guys have a MCK-like Fonua club ?

PS. Marsters too I rate more important to WT than MCK. ;)
Both Marsters and Fonua are better than MCK, its just that MCK has been playing good consistently even with little time he gets on the field. Tho he stepped his game up in the Warriors game.
Don't let the members of the MCK fan club read that , they'll be on the rampage with their torches and pitchforks again


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:14 pm

I think the sarcasm meters are on the fritz..

Should have said Rochow..my bad...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:26 pm

I reckon our oppositions have MCK fan clubs

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:15 pm

Marsters and Fonua just track in straight lines.
MCK is the everywhere man.
Masters and Fonua are frightened of MCK. They can’t handle it when he goes Beast
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

Post by kingbrooks » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:46 pm

Am I the only one happy with Brooks and not interested in Nathan Cleary (except for his goalkicking).

Given how well Brooks is going behind a mediocre pack, I am pretty happy with him. Get him behind the pack that Nathan Cleary plays behind and youd find Brooks would go to another level. NC on the other hand is playing with probably the best attacking side in the comp.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40155
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:47 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 2:23 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 2:11 pm
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/16/gol ... prop-boyd/

i guess we can cross Shannon Boyd off our list.
Well he wasn't on my list but it's good to see a rival club burn a bucketload of cash on him.
Pick up Woods and they can have a Shannon and Sharon Fan Club

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9812
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:50 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 5:15 pm
Marsters and Fonua just track in straight lines.
MCK is the everywhere man.
Masters and Fonua are frightened of MCK. They can’t handle it when he goes Beast
:lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:56 pm

Someone doesn't watch Esan Marsters play...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:58 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 5:56 pm
Someone doesn't watch Esan Marsters play...
Who?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9812
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:00 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 5:56 pm
Someone doesn't watch Esan Marsters play...
What's wrong mate ?
Did MCK steal your lollies ?
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1444
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:03 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 5:46 pm
Am I the only one happy with Brooks and not interested in Nathan Cleary (except for his goalkicking).

Given how well Brooks is going behind a mediocre pack, I am pretty happy with him. Get him behind the pack that Nathan Cleary plays behind and youd find Brooks would go to another level. NC on the other hand is playing with probably the best attacking side in the comp.
Any club trying to win premierships should be interested in Nathan Cleary.

But yeah Brooks is going well and if he had a gun 5/8 would be going even better. Signing Cleary would be a nice bonus, Brooks however has stood up and made it a luxury not a necessity
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:24 pm

With Manly and Bulldogs having major cap problems
And other big signings for other clubs in recent weeks
I think we may be in a good position to pounce on a couple of good bargin signings
There wouldn't be many clubs with the places in thier top 30 or the money left to spend like the tigers have
And as a club we have definitely moved forward and look much more professional than 18 months ago
I think Ivan may get a call from the Dogs or Manly soon as they both need to ofload players
But who do we want from their clubs
Moses ?
Hoppa ?
Klemmer ?
Jackson ?
Taupau ?
Turbo ?
They have no choice but to give someone up
Ivan won't settle for the trash from these clubs
He will want the best players they have in the positions we need to fix
IMO
Not long to find out now


User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Wed 16 May, 2018 7:09 pm

Ok then here he comes .. !! Curtis Rona .. get on board the bus young fella .. !!

Post Reply