Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Chicken Faced Killa

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:21 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:17 pm
Its hard to know how Cleary would play it if we signed both but perhaps.

1. Holmes
3. Mybe
The fact it looks like we are losing Naiqama means he must be thinking centre somewhere. Our centre stocks would be Fonua, Marsters, MCK. With Lawrence and McQueen who are backrowers who have played there. Would need reinforcements.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:24 pm

Is Mbye big enough for centre? Defensively sound enough?

Surely Fonua goes straight there. We have PLENTY of wing depth, particularly if we got a new FB.
Last edited by Glennb on Mon 21 May, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:24 pm

If I had to choose between Barba, Holmes and Mbye. Short term it would be Barba(1-2 years) but if I was looking at 3+ years it would be Holmes or Mbye.

All would add something instantly to the team but I feel like Barba is a risk and around his peak or just past it and the other are improving and could be anything with the coaching from 2 gun fullbacks Cleary and Hodgo.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:25 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 6:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 6:55 pm
Mbye is a solid player but I don’t think he improves the team much. Thompson is the better fullback this year which, is a more important position. Moving Thompson to the wing in place of MWZ or Nofa improves our wingers but by how much.

I don’t see the real point of Mbye unless he’s coming very heavily subsidised on the cheap.
correct, our problem is not FB :bash Our biggest issues are 2nd rowers and another aggressive prop in the mould of Nafa, A Paasi, Boyd or Fonua-Blake.
Our speed is a major problem though

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:25 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:21 pm
The Patriot wrote:

1. Holmes
3. Mybe
The fact it looks like we are losing Naiqama means he must be thinking centre somewhere. Our centre stocks would be Fonua, Marsters, MCK. With Lawrence and McQueen who are backrowers who have played there. Would need reinforcements.
Or his replacing barba as a full back at st Helens.

Barba to sharks val to us and mahe to centre

BenzaTiger

Post by BenzaTiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:26 pm

NRL Lurker says
West Tigers’ spending spree to kick off with Kelly
Manly is set for another body blow with Wests Tigers poised to sign boom young centre Brian Kelly.

Kelly, just 22, has been great in an inconsistent Manly team this season and is a future representative player.

But he is coming off contract and the Tigers are ready to pounce, to add him to an already impressive backline at Ivan Cleary’s disposal.

The hard-running youngster will be the perfect replacement for long-serving centre Kevin Naiqama, who is off to England to finish his career next season.

With Manly still in a salary cap mess, the Sea Eagles simply can’t afford to match the money the Tigers are prepared to throw at Kelly.

And the Tigers’ spending spree won’t stop there - they are also circling Cowboys hooker Jake Granville and Bulldogs fullback Moses Mbye.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:27 pm

Holmes would be perfect..,,,mybe I think is a quality player and person who would thrive under cleary

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:28 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:24 pm
If I had to choose between Barba, Holmes and Mbye. Short term it would be Barba(1-2 years) but if I was looking at 3+ years it would be Holmes or Mbye.

All would add something instantly to the team but I feel like Barba is a risk and around his peak or just past it and the other are improving and could be anything with the coaching from 2 gun fullbacks Cleary and Hodgo.
Barba is already contracted to the Dogs for 2 years after this one. I think to make it worthwhile to him, we'd have to offer at least 3 years, maybe 4.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:32 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:28 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:24 pm

Barba is already contracted to the Dogs for 2 years after this one. I think to make it worthwhile to him, we'd have to offer at least 3 years, maybe 4.
Barba or Mbye

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:11 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:58 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:15 pm
Cronulla chasing another full-back and as such Val Holmes sees a reduced opportunity at full-back with the Sharks. A slap in the face and he is clearly on the move. We have the cap so let's go.
Yeah and flanigan comments were interesting first of all basically confirmed barba coming back to sharks and said its okay dugan can play centre. No mention of val holmes as a full back or at all.
He just said he is a good fullback and a better winger , said he was a true footballer

I don't know you talk up someone your possibly releasing , can come back to bite you , especially with the fans
Oh God please bring on June 30 so we can finally put an end to all these rumours and speculation only to find we end up with that SFA fellow and bugger all else!

I won't mind tho, SFA is better than SKD, SBW, RCG, JFH, RFM, JMK, CHN, TPJ, DWZ, RTS, JAC and MCK - yes Tacky he's even better than the beast! :o Yep SFA will solve all our problems, adding strike power to the backline and mongrel in the forward pack. I can't wait, happy days!

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:37 pm

BenzaTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:26 pm
NRL Lurker says
West Tigers’ spending spree to kick off with Kelly
Manly is set for another body blow with Wests Tigers poised to sign boom young centre Brian Kelly.

Kelly, just 22, has been great in an inconsistent Manly team this season and is a future representative player.

But he is coming off contract and the Tigers are ready to pounce, to add him to an already impressive backline at Ivan Cleary’s disposal.

The hard-running youngster will be the perfect replacement for long-serving centre Kevin Naiqama, who is off to England to finish his career next season.

With Manly still in a salary cap mess, the Sea Eagles simply can’t afford to match the money the Tigers are prepared to throw at Kelly.

And the Tigers’ spending spree won’t stop there - they are also circling Cowboys hooker Jake Granville and Bulldogs fullback Moses Mbye.
I spoke to Kelly 2 weeks before we played Manly and he told me all his family are mad Tigers fans.
Surely this can't hurt our chances lol. I rate him as a strong, quick, talented and consistent footballer. Hope we get him.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:39 pm

1. Mbye/Holmes/Lolohea
2. Thompson
3. Kelly
4. Fonua
5. Nofoaluma/Rona
6. Reynolds/Brooks
7. Cleary
8. Packer
9. Granville/Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

????????????

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:40 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:37 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:11 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
FreddyK wrote:
Cronulla chasing another full-back and as such Val Holmes sees a reduced opportunity at full-back with the Sharks. A slap in the face and he is clearly on the move. We have the cap so let's go.
Yeah and flanigan comments were interesting first of all basically confirmed barba coming back to sharks and said its okay dugan can play centre. No mention of val holmes as a full back or at all.
He just said he is a good fullback and a better winger , said he was a true footballer

I don't know you talk up someone your possibly releasing , can come back to bite you , especially with the fans
Oh God please bring on June 30 so we can finally put an end to all these rumours and speculation only to find we end up with that SFA fellow and bugger all else!

I won't mind tho, SFA is better than SKD, SBW, RCG, JFH, RFM, JMK, CHN, TPJ, DWZ, RTS, JAC and MCK - yes Tacky he's even better than the beast! :o Yep SFA will solve all our problems, adding strike power to the backline and mongrel in the forward pack. I can't wait, happy days!
LOL
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:44 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 6:16 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
FreddyK wrote:
Exactly, meant to post the same observation
He didnt say that tonight on 360. Said hasnt spoken to Barba and that they are a better team with Val Holmes no matter where he plays. Happy to switch Dugan and Holmes during games to test opposition - said nothing that would even hint that Val Holmes is going anywhere.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:49 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:44 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
FreddyK wrote:
He didnt say that tonight on 360. Said hasnt spoken to Barba and that they are a better team with Val Holmes no matter where he plays. Happy to switch Dugan and Holmes during games to test opposition - said nothing that would even hint that Val Holmes is going anywhere.

And how does val home fit with barba coming back

Did he comment on that.

Please he hasn't spoken to barba yet please

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:59 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:25 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:21 pm
The Patriot wrote:

1. Holmes
3. Mybe
Or his replacing barba as a full back at st Helens.

Barba to sharks val to us and mahe to centre
Which still leaves us short a centre.

We'd have Fonua and Marsters as 1st choice.
MCK, McQueen, Lawrence as back up - who are all backrowers really.

Need someone else in the squad.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:02 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:37 pm

Love it.

Cant wait to see this guy.
Its an opinion!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:02 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:49 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:44 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

And how does val home fit with barba coming back

Did he comment on that.

Please he hasn't spoken to barba yet please
And please who would let Val Holmes go to make way for Barba when they dont need to???
They way he spoke about Holmes he is in their long term plans. Not buying that Flannagan is a coach who would let talent like that go.