Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

happy tiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 1:43 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 1:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 1:02 pm
I can't see anymore mid season pick ups

Obviously we need to recruit in a few certain areas for2019 and beyond

The problem is working out what we are doing with certain players / areas

9 is the big one short term , is Liddle off the radar for good now ??

Back row we still need a big bopper with speed ,size and strength and another prop to get us over the advantage line wouldn't hurt

And plans for centre long term also , is Mahe set to return when fit or will he go to the wing and we need another centre
It’s hard to recruit one class player, but we need two forwards and two backs. Fingers crossed they at least get one forward and one back for starters
Personally where we are going with Liddle is the biggest call

I get the feeling that Cleary has pulled the pin on him , you would be perservering with him instead of bringing Farah in long term

This will do major harm to Liddle's confidence

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 1:43 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:14 am
Mole saying titans are shopping Bryce Cartwright.
That would be a good pick up.............................for the local A reserve side.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 1:43 pm
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Back row we still need a big bopper with speed ,size and strength and another prop to get us over the advantage line wouldn't hurt

And plans for centre long term also , is Mahe set to return when fit or will he go to the wing and we need another centre
It’s hard to recruit one class player, but we need two forwards and two backs. Fingers crossed they at least get one forward and one back for starters

I get the feeling that Cleary has pulled the pin on him , you would be perservering with him instead of bringing Farah in long term

Apparently Liddle is in ISP until he can play 80min. every game.

Farah is short term for this year only according to official release.

I guess that means liddle plays it out in ISP for the remaining games, puts on some muscle mass in the off season and comes back ready to rumble in 2019.

That is how I hope it turns out anyway.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Wrong...as usual..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:31 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:22 pm
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Apparently Liddle is in ISP until he can play 80min. every game.

Farah is short term for this year only according to official release.

I guess that means liddle plays it out in ISP for the remaining games, puts on some muscle mass in the off season and comes back ready to rumble in 2019.

That is how I hope it turns out anyway.
Russel is correct Ivan has said multiple times including in his Farah interview that Liddle is the future.

I hope it works out... Robbie goes around another year and helps mentor Liddle and can let him develop into a 80 minute first grade hooker.
Last edited by Tweed Tiger on Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:29 pm
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Wrong...as usual..
Thought I heard Cleary say a week ago that liddle is a very key part of the tigers future and looks forward to seeing his return to first grade in the coming weeks.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:43 pm

7 spots available next year
Assuming we will have around $2.1 million to spend

Make your wishlist
Here is mine
1 Tevita Pangai Junior $600 000
2 Corey oats $550 000
3 Isaako $330 000 plus car
4James Segeyaro $260 000 ??
5 minimum another Hooker
6 minimum another centre
7 minimum another centre

will1999

Post by will1999 » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:55 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:43 pm

Make your wishlist
Here is mine
2 Corey oats $550 000
5 minimum another Hooker
6 minimum another centre
7 minimum another centre
Ryley Jacks 300,000
Brian Kelly 200,000
Kurt Baptise 150,000
Leeson Ah Mau 400,000

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:57 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Wrong...as usual..
So how does Jacob learn what works and what doesn't work playing in a lower division of football Geo ??

All he sees is what he was doing works in ISP , and thinks it will work at NRL level

As for bringing a former player in that the club wanted nothing to do with 18 months ago to replace him must be soul destroying , he hasn't had a fair shot fully fit for any length of time , trying to build combinations with different halves combos

If Cleary had any faith in Liddle he shows he has every confidence in him and plays him all year

IC has this one wrong , funny he showed the faith in the juniors at both Penrith and NZ when he cleaned out there squads ...., but won't do it here .....

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:57 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Wrong...as usual..
So how does Jacob learn what works and what doesn't work playing in a lower division of football Geo ??

All he sees is what he was doing works in ISP , and thinks it will work at NRL level

As for bringing a former player in that the club wanted nothing to do with 18 months ago to replace him must be soul destroying , he hasn't had a fair shot fully fit for any length of time , trying to build combinations with different halves combos

If Cleary had any faith in Liddle he shows he has every confidence in him and plays him all year

IC has this one wrong , funny he showed the faith in the juniors at both Penrith and NZ when he cleaned out there squads ...., but won't do it here .....
Soul destroying for you by the looks of it. I doubt Liddle would be too worried. It’s a short term deal for this year only.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:13 pm

will1999 wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:55 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:

Make your wishlist
Here is mine
2 Corey oats $550 000
5 minimum another Hooker
6 minimum another centre
7 minimum another centre
Ryley Jacks 300,000
Brian Kelly 200,000
Kurt Baptise 150,000
Leeson Ah Mau 400,000
Kelly will get a lot closer to 500k than 200k no matter where he goes

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:31 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 2:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Wrong...as usual..
Thought I heard Cleary say a week ago that liddle is a very key part of the tigers future and looks forward to seeing his return to first grade in the coming weeks.
Didn't see the Cleary Presso

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:33 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Wrong...as usual..

I was told by the club at a function in recent times they want to extend Liddles contract and he is the long term hooker.
It’s not his fault or Ivan’s his had both shoulders re constructed and a sternum injury. Cleary is looking after the kid as we played Giant Physical packs also Sharks and Raiders. Farah is needed he is defensively strong and provides an attackkbg threat and decent service from hooker.

I can see Robbie being extended another year with Benji.

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:41 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:

Make your wishlist
Here is mine
2 Corey oats $550 000
5 minimum another Hooker
6 minimum another centre
7 minimum another centre
1: Tyrell Fuimaono
2: Peni Terepo
3: Gehamat Shibasaki
4: Troy Darhan
5: Keegan Hipgrave
6: Robert Jennings
7 : Braden Robson

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:44 pm

Yeah, if liddle is up to playing 80 regularly by the end of the season, I don't think farah will be extended.

A great way to play it would be to ask Robbie to keep himself fit and ready for a retirement call-up if Jacob goes down during the year. It's not fair on either of them to play state cup next year if Jacob is ready.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Wrong...as usual..

Cleary's mistake was starting Jacob too early after 2 shoulder reco's and very little to no pre-season he only started full contact 2 weeks before he played FG....then carrying further injury (sternum) into games...if he had started the season with minimal minutes in the lower intensity ISP building up match fitness we would more than likely see him now playing big minutes in FG..

Liddle got through his 1st 80min game last week against a big Bears side and was among the best on the field...

As for learning any thing..lol as Yoda said to Luke in ROTJ..already know you all that you need...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:33 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Wrong...as usual..

I was told by the club at a function in recent times they want to extend Liddles contract and he is the long term hooker.
It’s not his fault or Ivan’s his had both shoulders re constructed and a sternum injury. Cleary is looking after the kid as we played Giant Physical packs also Sharks and Raiders. Farah is needed he is defensively strong and provides an attackkbg threat and decent service from hooker.

I can see Robbie being extended another year with Benji.
and if Liddle feels ready for 1st grade, that will probably push him out.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 4:37 pm

The only reason Farah is at the club is to fill In until Liddle has build up his shoulders.... he has the speed and the class to be our No 9 for years to come .
The Farah crap has started he is a fill in and Cleary is desperate to get that winning feeling back .. this was what peeved me about Farah returning the Messiah garbage .