Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

gallagher

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:51 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:43 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:51 pm
will1999 wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 2:12 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 2:10 pm
well here we go again, morris is not good enough for the tigers yet the slimme sharks pick him up. i am really starting to wonder if and who IVAN is looking at because we are running out of players we can purchase.
the 2019 off contract players can be signed in November
That doesnt help when you have let half a dozen players go in 2019 - they have to be replaced.

Patience is a virtue. Seldom in a woman, never in a man.

Chill out.
We're need a female only membership package then.
7 seasons of no finals Col. Patience? Really?

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:10 am

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:40 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:01 am
I think we should have a melbourne storm approach to signing players. Would storm ever consider morris brothers? NO. Would storm consider oates or marty? YES. I just always tend to think no matter the circumstance would clubs like storm and brisbane be interested in the player.
Oates is a backrower played there all through his junior years including Toyota Cup, there is no risk at signing him at all.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:39 am

We seem to be moving a few on , like a mini clean out so I would think Ivan has Replacements he is in talks with or has players agreeing to come to the Tigers but may be waiting for the right time to announce it , we have lost so far
Tim Grant , Prop / Second Row
Kev , Centre / Wing / Fullback
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
Promoted Garner , and Well deserved so we still need as mentioned by Ivan at least 6 new players and I doubt we will wait till the season is over to announce some new blood , I think it may be if the club a player is coming from is in the finals hunt they may wait , , just my Rant

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:13 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 9:23 pm
Spacecub wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 9:05 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 4:52 pm
Suggestions on Talkin Sport that Bellamy wants to give Oates a go at back row.

Why why why are we not thinking the same?
Realistically where would you prefer to go steve
I would go to Melb for a good contract and a nice boat then head to the Tigers for my retirement fund after I was cooked.
Lol that's pretty much the pathway most of these guys end up taking. Oats is used to winning and if the Storm are prepared to make him an offer and play him in the second row, then we are Nellie no chance of signing him, if we're even interested that is.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:31 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:39 am
We seem to be moving a few on , like a mini clean out so I would think Ivan has Replacements he is in talks with or has players agreeing to come to the Tigers but may be waiting for the right time to announce it , we have lost so far
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
Promoted Garner , and Well deserved so we still need as mentioned by Ivan at least 6 new players and I doubt we will wait till the season is over to announce some new blood , I think it may be if the club a player is coming from is in the finals hunt they may wait , , just my Rant
And I have no problems with any of these players leaving... regardless of who comes in I think this is a good thing for the club and the culture. I truly believe IC and JP have a plan and time will tell... The funny thing is in the past we would be hearing about signings etc but not now so good to see the club is bonding together and not leaking like the past.
Another good point is that we don't hear about players not wanting to come here after been offered a contract and went to another club as this is not a good look.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:33 am

bp tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 2:10 pm
well here we go again, morris is not good enough for the tigers yet the slimme sharks pick him up. i am really starting to wonder if and who IVAN is looking at because we are running out of players we can purchase.
I'm guessing next season will be a write off again signing-wise because as you said we are running out of decent players on the market now - most of the good ones are already secured for 2019. Looks like we will have to wait another year before we see any possible 'big name' signings coming to the club.

In the meantime, the team we have now, after more playing time and another off season together, will hopefully gel better, start playing some good footy and move up the ladder in 2019. If we can make a marked improvement and look like we're a team on the way up, we may actually become a more attractive destination for some of the bigger name players off contract at the end of next year.

It's a wing and a prayer with the cattle we have now, I know, but if some of these guys can be injury free, fitter and find their form again anything is possible.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:34 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
In addition to this list, aren't there other players with expired contracts at the end of 2018 like Sue, Godinet and Rochow?

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:52 am

Remember this time last year we were all happy we had signed Packer, Mats and Reynolds and how much better we had recruited than the Knights. Then Pearce became available late in the season.

Signings don't have to be immediate, as long as they're in place for pre-season!

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 am

OFF CONTRACT 2018
Robbie Farah - should be resigned for another year, mentor Liddle however hopefully we sign Lichaa or Segyaro as well as I don't believe Liddle has the steel to become a first grader. Hope I'm wrong.

Heath Gibbs - Gone. Homesick and returned to Newcastle. Hasn't been publicised though. Small contract $ wise anyway.

Pita Godinet - Garbage player. Should not be resigned under any circumstance. Offers nothing. He can go to super league or play park footy elsewhere. We don't want him and we don't need him.

Benji Marshall - Ball is in his court... He might not wanna play another year. Has a young family so has prioritises elsewhere and could pursue a media career, very likeable personality and a tigers legend.

Sam MCINTYRE - Haven't seen enough. Development player. Not sure if he's worth keeping. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thomas Mikaele - NSW cup contract for sure. Worth developing further. Showed more than JJ felise.

Dylan Smith - NSW cup contract should be offered. Not a super star but worth keeping around for cup.

Sauaso Sue - I'd keep him for state cup but he's very average. If he can get a good deal elsewhere he should take it. Not a first grader and shouldn't see any game time going further for mine.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak - gone. No big deal.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:12 am

Roar Power wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
andrew 474 wrote:
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
In addition to this list, aren't there other players with expired contracts at the end of 2018 like Sue, Godinet and Rochow?
Rochow is on contract for 2019 😂
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:18 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:12 am
Roar Power wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
That hurts far too much.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:21 am

Roar Power wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:18 am
Demps wrote:
Roar Power wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
That hurts far too much.
Indeed. Surely we can shop him to the UK along with that massive failure McDud before 2019 season starts.
#Unbeatable

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:27 am

Roar Power wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:18 am
Demps wrote:
Roar Power wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Liu , 5/8 / Fullback
Malaki , Wing
MM. , Hooker
Suli , Centre
Milne , Centre
That hurts far too much.
Rochow can do a job for us next season if we use him sparingly as a fringe first grader

I said this last season , we bought some good players , if they were surrounded by the right players

Still probably 3-4 players short of a genuine Top 8 side , was nice to be a contender for a short time

Many laughed at Paul Kent's assessment after Rd 7 , he was pretty much spot on , we played above ourselves but the grind and mental side took it's toll

Ronnie Palmer better find some a couple of tonnes of magic dust and find it fast for the last 8 weeks

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:54 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 am
OFF CONTRACT 2018
Robbie Farah - should be resigned for another year, mentor Liddle however hopefully we sign Lichaa or Segyaro as well as I don't believe Liddle has the steel to become a first grader. Hope I'm wrong.

Heath Gibbs - Gone. Homesick and returned to Newcastle. Hasn't been publicised though. Small contract $ wise anyway.

Pita Godinet - Garbage player. Should not be resigned under any circumstance. Offers nothing. He can go to super league or play park footy elsewhere. We don't want him and we don't need him.

Benji Marshall - Ball is in his court... He might not wanna play another year. Has a young family so has prioritises elsewhere and could pursue a media career, very likeable personality and a tigers legend.

Sam MCINTYRE - Haven't seen enough. Development player. Not sure if he's worth keeping. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thomas Mikaele - NSW cup contract for sure. Worth developing further. Showed more than JJ felise.

Dylan Smith - NSW cup contract should be offered. Not a super star but worth keeping around for cup.

Sauaso Sue - I'd keep him for state cup but he's very average. If he can get a good deal elsewhere he should take it. Not a first grader and shouldn't see any game time going further for mine.

Pretty sure we have Mikaele, McIntyre and Smith for another 2 years. Development contracts were for 3 years in total. There may be an option in the club/player's option in there though.

All other off contract players should be released. Not needed for next season.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 12:20 pm

Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 am
OFF CONTRACT 2018

Lichaa is terrible i would even prefer Godinet above him at least he is cheap.Lichaa is neither cheap or decent

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 1:19 pm

was thinking about centers that we could buy, what do people think of DENNIS from the knights he looks a big lad with good pace and he will be behind the knights new signings next year. from what i have seen he looks a good prospect.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 1:36 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 1:19 pm
was thinking about centers that we could buy, what do people think of DENNIS from the knights he looks a big lad with good pace and he will be behind the knights new signings next year. from what i have seen he looks a good prospect.
He'd be alright for state cup but personally think we could do a lot better...

Tyrell Fuimaono, Jennings bros and Brian Kelly.... All better options.
#Unbeatable

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 1:43 pm

Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 1:36 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 1:19 pm
He'd be alright for state cup but personally think we could do a lot better...

Tyrell Fuimaono, Jennings bros and Brian Kelly.... All better options.
I see Fuimoano as another MCK , not big enough in size or motor for the back row and too slow for the centres