Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

teddy23

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by teddy23 » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 4:06 pm

At the end of the day there’s two serious sections we need too focus on with the roster - forwards and centres

So what are the options for forwards - this would be my list anyone on this list would be ideal and all are gettable due to off contract or club issues:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

I’d go super hard for Rhys Martin, the guy can kick goals perfectly too

I’d go hard for Marty cause he’s the perfect type forward we need for impact

Say what you want about Matt lodge but he’s a gun and probably has a few friends here

Now the more realistic and cheapies whom could bring some go forward with Gosiewki and Vave that both have good talent

Now what are the options for centres:

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

Out of them options I’d be happy with any of the Jennings brothers, if it’s micheal on the right coin tho nothing over 400-450k

Braidon Burns and Jacob Gagan are good young players and I’d look at the pair pretty seriously

Now for some controversy for the right money I’d look at Hayne for centre, he can defend very well and can strike pretty well in attack - now only for the right cost and if Ivan was content that Hayne is committed to the team mentality we have if not then no

If we can addesss these problems I think we’ll see a very successful team next year

I also think we should push very very hard for Issako, even if we don’t get him just try to swoop him and drive his price up - the guy is a weapon and should be pursued

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 4:16 pm

We should target the Roosters for a back rower, yes none are off contract but they have crazy depth in 2019.

Radley - fresh 5 year deal
Cordner - fresh 4 years
Angus Crichton - fresh 3 years
Butcher - just signed 2 more years
Matterson and Aubusson are off contract next year.

Matterson could be a target he was clearly one of their best until he got a head knock and then had wrist surgery while he was out. Back in the 21 this week.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:04 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 4:06 pm
At the end of the day there’s two serious sections we need too focus on with the roster - forwards and centres

So what are the options for forwards - this would be my list anyone on this list would be ideal and all are gettable due to off contract or club issues:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

Say what you want about Matt lodge but he’s a gun and probably has a few friends here

Now the more realistic and cheapies whom could bring some go forward with Gosiewki and Vave that both have good talent

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

Out of them options I’d be happy with any of the Jennings brothers, if it’s micheal on the right coin tho nothing over 400-450k

Braidon Burns and Jacob Gagan are good young players and I’d look at the pair pretty seriously

Now for some controversy for the right money I’d look at Hayne for centre, he can defend very well and can strike pretty well in attack - now only for the right cost and if Ivan was content that Hayne is committed to the team mentality we have if not then no

If we can addesss these problems I think we’ll see a very successful team next year

I also think we should push very very hard for Issako, even if we don’t get him just try to swoop him and drive his price up - the guy is a weapon and should be pursued

From the list of forwards, there are about four that would be OK. The backs are another kettle of fish. Very,very ordinary.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:15 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:04 pm
teddy23 wrote:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

From the list of forwards, there are about four that would be OK. The backs are another kettle of fish. Very,very ordinary.
We don't need ordinary Col

who would you target...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

yeti

Post by yeti » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:31 pm

For mine - Tom Opacic, Kane Linnet, Robert Jennings and Brian Kelly would be upgrades on what we have.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:38 pm

teddy23 wrote:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

The forwards I would target would be Terepo, Rhys Martin, Ethan Lowe, Ryan Matterson (brings extra class to our edge- really like him as a player) and Taupau.
Terepo would bring extra punch off the bench but needs to do it more constantly but I really like as a player. Ethan Lowe could be hit or miss so not too sure.

Centres look terrible so I would looking for players that clubs need to squeeze out. Brian Kelly would be a decent pick up as would Tom Opacic who just needs some luck with injuries and a chance. I am not counting on us getting a big name centre for next year although it would be great if would could get Ryan Hall from Leeds who is off contract (now that would be signing). I would also maybe look at Joel Moon who can cover an position in the backline and is looking to come back home.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:42 pm

teddy23 wrote:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

Thanks for putting this together. I’d go for:

Marty
Pangai jr
Matterson
Hipgrave
Terepo
G. Jennings
R. Jennings
Kelly

Would be great to snare a few of those forwards in particular!

junior05

Post by junior05 » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 5:47 pm

teddy23 wrote:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

Forwards
Rhyse Martin
Jack Gosiewski
Peni Terepo
George Fai
Zane Musgrove
Backs
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan ( depth signing )
Javid Bowen ( a change of clubs might be good for him )
Tom Opacic (a good defensive player)
Robert Jennings
Reuben Garrick

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:07 pm

teddy23 wrote:

Marty
Klemmer
Pangai jr
Su’a
Ethan Lowe
Ryan Matterson
Korbin Sims
Matt lodge
Charlie Gubb
Rhys Martin
Hipgrave
Jack Gosewiki
Vave
Terepo
Sutton

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Micheal Jennings
Braidon Burns
Jacob Gagan
Jarryd Hayne
Krisome Au’vaa
Javid Bowen
Kane Linnet
Justin oniel
Pat Matatuia
Brian Kelly
Jonathon Wright
Brenko Lee
Daly copley
Tom Opacic

Is Pangai Jr still off contract? I thought he was all signed up by the Broncos already? If not, then he would definitely be worth chasing!

Out of the more realistic options though Klemmer, Tapau and Matterson would add some much needed starch and aggression to our pack.

The centres are more difficult, not a lot of standouts on that list. The Jennings brothers all go ok and have something we sorely lack - speed! However I would give Au'vaa and Copley a shot. I think both have more to offer than they are currently showing with their respective clubs and both have another aspect that we sorely lack in the backline - size!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:28 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 12:20 pm
Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 am
OFF CONTRACT 2018
Robbie Farah - should be resigned for another year, mentor Liddle however hopefully we sign Lichaa or Segyaro as well as I don't believe Liddle has the steel to become a first grader. Hope I'm wrong.

Heath Gibbs - Gone. Homesick and returned to Newcastle. Hasn't been publicised though. Small contract $ wise anyway.

Pita Godinet - Garbage player. Should not be resigned under any circumstance. Offers nothing. He can go to super league or play park footy elsewhere. We don't want him and we don't need him.

Benji Marshall - Ball is in his court... He might not wanna play another year. Has a young family so has prioritises elsewhere and could pursue a media career, very likeable personality and a tigers legend.

Sam MCINTYRE - Haven't seen enough. Development player. Not sure if he's worth keeping. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thomas Mikaele - NSW cup contract for sure. Worth developing further. Showed more than JJ felise.

Dylan Smith - NSW cup contract should be offered. Not a super star but worth keeping around for cup.

Sauaso Sue - I'd keep him for state cup but he's very average. If he can get a good deal elsewhere he should take it. Not a first grader and shouldn't see any game time going further for mine.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak - gone. No big deal.
Lichaa is terrible i would even prefer Godinet above him at least he is cheap.Lichaa is neither cheap or decent
I don't know why some people on here are infatuated with Lichaa, another dud plodder.
:deadhorse:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:35 pm

Id dead set rather Jarryd Hayne than any of the Jennings.

Neither option is great but those Jennings boys just dont fit our cutlture.

If
Its an opinion!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:37 pm

Brisbane media have been saying for over a month that TPJ is a done deal but nothing official so who knows why it hasn't been announced. My guess with the amount of guys off contract(all will want upgrades) they are trying to achieve some creative accounting to keep them all.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:43 pm

Terepo was mentioned as part of the Mitch Moses swap until he got hurt. Makes sense if we did target him again.
:sign:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:43 pm

Id dead set rather Jarryd Hayne than any of the Jennings.

Neither option is great but those Jennings boys just dont fit our culture.
Its an opinion!

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 7:04 pm

what about konrad hurrell, seems he is on the outer at the titans.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:00 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:37 pm
Brisbane media have been saying for over a month that TPJ is a done deal but nothing official so who knows why it hasn't been announced. My guess with the amount of guys off contract(all will want upgrades) they are trying to achieve some creative accounting to keep them all.
Andrew Gee says hi. I would look at Nathan Davis & Tyrone Roberts-Davis as depth signings with a potential big upside

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:02 pm

For my 2 cents worth on the hooking position, I think Farah could go another season to have in the squad with him continuing to mentor Liddle as he further develops and hopefully stengthens. But as a backup to Farah and Liddle I'd rather take a punt on Manaia Cherrington. He'd be cheaper than Lichaa and he could be a handy backup- especially if Farah doesnt think he can do another season, or all of a season.

I know Cherrington left to get out of Farah's shadow and hasnt done much since but I'd much rather him than Lichaa.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:04 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:02 pm
For my 2 cents worth on the hooking position, I think Farah could go another season to have in the squad with him continuing to mentor Liddle as he further develops and hopefully stengthens. But as a backup to Farah and Liddle I'd rather take a punt on Manaia Cherrington. He'd be cheaper than Lichaa and he could be a handy backup- especially if Farah doesnt think he can do another season, or all of a season.

I know Cherrington left to get out of Farah's shadow and hasnt done much since but I'd much rather him than Lichaa.
Robbie doesn't do mentoring unless it is watch what I do while you stay behind me. He said himself that turning out for North Sydney made him want to retire and he had to be talked out of it.