Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Spud Murphy

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:36 am

WT2K wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:40 am
tiger05premier wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:43 am
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:34 am
Panthers exit the finals
So who is coming our way
Anyone
Any takers
You would think if we have any players coming from the Panthers it would be announced soon
Kikau or RCG would be nice but if there was to be anyone coming from panthers i fear it would be either Merrin or Tamau or maybe both
One of the panthers fans on Twitter who is usually on the money reckons Merrin definitely gone but Tamou will survive another season.
That would be right! Tamou we could do with, Merrin we don't need. Tamou would be good in our prop rotation. Why the hell aren't we looking at Hetherington!!!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:38 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:06 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:50 am
tigerbenji wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:42 am
Think Merrin is off to Concord.
Better than a lot that we have but not a wow signing. Baby steps....
I’m not sure he is better than a lot we have...he’s ordinary and has been for years. Would be a disappointing signing.
I think he's better than Huth,Taylor,Chee Cam, McQueen, Aloia and Rochow. But I would agree he would be a disapointing signing in that I am/was expecting better.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:39 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
gallagher wrote:
tigerbenji wrote:
I’m not sure he is better than a lot we have...he’s ordinary and has been for years. Would be a disappointing signing.
He is probably worse than most of our forwards

Has very little impact in a game

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:41 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:38 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
gallagher wrote:
tigerbenji wrote:
I think he's better than Huth,Taylor,Chee Cam, McQueen, Aloia and Rochow. But I would agree he would be a disapointing signing in that I am/was expecting better.
I think he is on par with the above mentioned players

Stay at the level we are at now if we sign him

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:45 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:36 am
WT2K wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:34 am
Panthers exit the finals
So who is coming our way
Anyone
Any takers
You would think if we have any players coming from the Panthers it would be announced soon
Kikau or RCG would be nice but if there was to be anyone coming from panthers i fear it would be either Merrin or Tamau or maybe both
One of the panthers fans on Twitter who is usually on the money reckons Merrin definitely gone but Tamou will survive another season.
That would be right! Tamou we could do with, Merrin we don't need. Tamou would be good in our prop rotation. Why the hell aren't we looking at Hetherington!!!
I think it was MMM last weekend where I heard that hetherington was about to re-sign with Penrith.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:58 am

Whether or not Merrin would be a worthwhile signing depends entirely on price and how he would be used. His sweet spot is between about 45 and 60 minutes and he'll give good output and defensive efficiency over that period. He was going alright for Penrith when he was filling that role earlier in the season but as his minutes dropped with JFH taking up more middle minutes his effectiveness dropped.

Really you want to be playing him at lock as an extra prop unless you have a lock like Taupau or Burgess. With Taylor at lock and a prop rotation of Packer, Matulino, Twal and Eisenhuth we would get monstered. Not enough impact. If Taylor is moving on or moving to a bench role and we were looking at Merrin at lock with Packer, Matulino, Twal and a big impact prop then that could work well. It's finding a decent, big impact prop that's the hard part when all clubs are on the hunt for them...

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:06 am

WT2K wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:45 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:36 am
WT2K wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:

I think it was MMM last weekend where I heard that hetherington was about to re-sign with Penrith.
That's a damn shame if true. We should've thrown the cheque book at this guy, he's going to be great! Penrith already have a surplus of gun forwards - greedy sods! Though I imagine the unexpected loss of CHN to the Bulldogs has now made way for Hetherington to clinch a regular spot in the top grade :(

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:25 am

Nelson wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:58 am
Whether or not Merrin would be a worthwhile signing depends entirely on price and how he would be used. His sweet spot is between about 45 and 60 minutes and he'll give good output and defensive efficiency over that period. He was going alright for Penrith when he was filling that role earlier in the season but as his minutes dropped with JFH taking up more middle minutes his effectiveness dropped.

Really you want to be playing him at lock as an extra prop unless you have a lock like Taupau or Burgess. With Taylor at lock and a prop rotation of Packer, Matulino, Twal and Eisenhuth we would get monstered. Not enough impact. If Taylor is moving on or moving to a bench role and we were looking at Merrin at lock with Packer, Matulino, Twal and a big impact prop then that could work well. It's finding a decent, big impact prop that's the hard part when all clubs are on the hunt for them...
What about Leilani Latu, apparently want to return to Sydney
Twal
Farah
Matulino
Lawrence
Matterson
Merrin
Res
Packer
Latu
Taylor
Chee- Kam

Bones

Post by Bones » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:29 am

Just had a quick look at Merrin’s stats for this year and they are better than any of our forwards. I’ve watched quiet a bit of Penrith this year and I think Merrrin would be a great pick up at the right price.

Not sure what the fascination with Hetherington is though. Every time I watch him I just see a bloke who gives stupid penalties and makes a lot of errors. Kind of like A Fifita without the ability.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:30 am

maybe merrin is paying the price for signing elsewhere, his form early in the season was very good, he would be a good signing, think if we got him and latu or tamau, we would go allright next year.

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:31 am

Would really like to see Feki in our colours, especially after last night, wonder if we've been able to put together an offer.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:03 pm

jrtiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
Would really like to see Feki in our colours, especially after last night, wonder if we've been able to put together an offer.
really there is no reason why we should not be able to bid for players, we MUST have cap space after every one we have released. and yes he would be a very good signing.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:15 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:03 pm
jrtiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
really there is no reason why we should not be able to bid for players, we MUST have cap space after every one we have released. and yes he would be a very good signing.
Glass half empty I see.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:17 pm

Feki would be an amazing get. Him and nofa would go great guns for us.

A fit Merrin at the right price would be okay. He’s had too much drama at the panthers and I reckon a new club might do him good.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:17 pm

A fit Merrin at the right price would be okay. He’s had too much drama at the panthers and I reckon a new club might do him good.

It can't have been easy for him especially with most of your team mates being aware and you aren't. A fresh start at a new club would do him the world of good.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:12 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:

It can't have been easy for him especially with most of your team mates being aware and you aren't. A fresh start at a new club would do him the world of good.
But his single and Moylan who was rumoured to be the reason has moved on, what else is bothering him?
Like him as a person. Would be an excellent bloke for the team.
As a player it was only 3 years ago he was in origin + playing near 80 mins at lock / front row and providing plenty of spark with foot work and offloads. Became a bit of a battering ram at Penrith.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:19 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:

How soon we forget Cory Thompson's efforts this year..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:21 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:12 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:

But his single and Moylan who was rumoured to be the reason has moved on, what else is bothering him?
Like him as a person. Would be an excellent bloke for the team.
As a player it was only 3 years ago he was in origin + playing near 80 mins at lock / front row and providing plenty of spark with foot work and offloads. Became a bit of a battering ram at Penrith.
He was engaged and while the grass cutter and his former fiancee have moved on, memories would still be triggered.