Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Spud Murphy

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 9:28 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 10:31 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:46 am
Young Hooker Starling from the Knghts will be here next year. NSW cup I beleive but with a chance to win the Robbie spot in 2020 and learn off him this year
Jacob Liddle really needs to step up doesnt he. He has been far from convincing with injury and what not.

Someone needs to step up.

Good to see this kid on board.
I might sound cruel because of his bad run of injuries, but I think Liddle will turn out to be another one of those 'shoulda, coulda, woulda, but won't juniors that we seem to produce, at will, here at Wests Tigers. I haven't seen much in the guy, even when he has been on the field, to convince me he will be our future number nine.

Once this coaching fiasco is finally sorted, I am hoping that we pick up another proven NRL hooker for when Farah retires next year because we need a decent hooker in our spine - Segeyaro would've been a good pick up. No matter who our coach ends up being, either Maguire or Bennett, I just hope they can lure a decent 9 to the club.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 9:56 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Young Hooker Starling from the Knghts will be here next year. NSW cup I beleive but with a chance to win the Robbie spot in 2020 and learn off him this year
It also might suggest the plan is to play both Robbie and Liddell in the starting 17 which means we need an ISP hooker.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:45 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 9:28 am
The Patriot wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:
Jacob Liddle really needs to step up doesnt he. He has been far from convincing with injury and what not.

I might sound cruel because of his bad run of injuries, but I think Liddle will turn out to be another one of those 'shoulda, coulda, woulda, but won't juniors that we seem to produce, at will, here at Wests Tigers. I haven't seen much in the guy, even when he has been on the field, to convince me he will be our future number nine.

Once this coaching fiasco is finally sorted, I am hoping that we pick up another proven NRL hooker for when Farah retires next year because we need a decent hooker in our spine - Segeyaro would've been a good pick up. No matter who our coach ends up being, either Maguire or Bennett, I just hope they can lure a decent 9 to the club.
Turns 22 next week. Debuted in 2016 with one game (which the NRL had to give permission for). Did his left shoulder in pre-season of 2017, but played 13 games before doing his right shoulder and having both shoulders reconstructed, meaning a 7 month rehab and no preseason. Ended up playing 13 games last year, though was wasted in the backend when only getting 20 minutes behind Robbie.

He may end up like other coulda, woulda juniors like Tedesco (28 games in 1st 3 seasons 1,19,8), Farah (34 games 1st 3 seasons 4,3,27) or Marshall (38 games first 3 seasons 4,7,27).

A lot of young players have injuries when asked to play big minutes against seasoned professionals before their bodies are ready.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:52 am

Harvey wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:45 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

Turns 22 next week. Debuted in 2016 with one game (which the NRL had to give permission for). Did his left shoulder in pre-season of 2017, but played 13 games before doing his right shoulder and having both shoulders reconstructed, meaning a 7 month rehab and no preseason. Ended up playing 13 games last year, though was wasted in the backend when only getting 20 minutes behind Robbie.

He may end up like other coulda, woulda juniors like Tedesco (28 games in 1st 3 seasons 1,19,8), Farah (34 games 1st 3 seasons 4,3,27) or Marshall (38 games first 3 seasons 4,7,27).

A lot of young players have injuries when asked to play big minutes against seasoned professionals before their bodies are ready.
I dont always agree with you Harvey but you are 100% correct on this,i will never understand how supporters can write off young players early because their body is still adjusting to the rigours of first grade.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:54 am

2019 is Liddle’s year. Make or break. He’ll be 22. Plenty old enough.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm

According to zero tackles page we have 15 players coming off contract end of 2019 season. List below. Who would you keep and who would you punt?

Josh Aloiai, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee-Kam, Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Luke Garner, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Thomas Mikaele, Robbie Rochow, Dylan Smith, Corey Thompson
No more plodders!
:sign:

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:32 pm

Harvey wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

Agree Harv - you are spot on.

Trouble is people want to write off young players at 22 with 10-12 years of seasons to go.

Actually, for once, having a full off season to strengthen up, put on some muscle (not just weight) will do him the world of good. From what I have seen of him I do not question his talent - but I wish people would give him a go.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:36 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
According to zero tackles page we have 15 players coming off contract end of 2019 season. List below. Who would you keep and who would you punt?

Josh Aloiai, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee-Kam, Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Luke Garner, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Thomas Mikaele, Robbie Rochow, Dylan Smith, Corey Thompson
Of this group I'd probably move the following players on - Aloiai, Fonua, Gamble and Rochow. I imagine Farah and Benji will retire. Brooks and Lawrence are definite keepers for me and I'd review Chee-Kam, Garner, Liddell, McIntyre, Mikaele, Smith and Thompson based on the sort of seasons they have in 2019.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm

Josh Aloiai, (this is make or break year for him so?)
Luke Brooks, (sign him now)
Michael Chee-Kam, (expendable)
Robbie Farah, (retirement)
Mahe Fonua, (back to ESL)
Tyson Gamble, (doubt that he has it but dependent on his 2019 performance)
Luke Garner, (this one could go either way)
Chris Lawrence, (retirement)
Jacob Liddle, (this is make or break year for him so?)
Benji Marshall, (retirement)
Sam McIntyre, (doubt that he has it but dependent on his 2019 performance)
Thomas Mikaele, (I would resign him now)
Robbie Rochow, (retirement)
Dylan Smith, (work in progress I would resign him on a short term contract)
Corey Thompson (he is good but age is catching up .... maybe short term extension)
I think you can add McQueen to that list as I think he will be shipped or shopped out.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:45 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm
Corey Thompson (he is good but age is catching up .... maybe short term extension)
I think you can add McQueen to that list as I think he will be shipped or shopped out.
Lawrence retirement? You’re having a laugh.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:53 pm

For starters Garner, Mikaele, Smith and McIntyre aren't off contract until the end of 2020.

Of the rest you'd keep brooks and liddle, maybe lawrence if he can stay on the field and play well this year. Otherwise he can get a final payday

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:56 pm

I get the suggestion that Pascoe was in NZ recruiting a new player , not coach

Any word on that ??

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 1:00 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:45 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm
Lawrence retirement? You’re having a laugh.
Well he is getting close. Will be 31 at this time next year.
No argument that he is playing well but if he stays healthy and is happy to stay on $s he is currently on than maybe an extension. But know that Sheens has been after him to switch to his ESL side Hull Kingston Rover on good money.
So retirement to ESL possible.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 1:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:56 pm

Any word on that ??
Hope so. :pray:

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 1:34 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 1:01 pm
happy tiger wrote:

Any word on that ??
Not a chance a rep player signing until coach is named.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 1:01 pm
happy tiger wrote:

Any word on that ??
I think Gavet could be the one.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:32 pm
Harvey wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Trouble is people want to write off young players at 22 with 10-12 years of seasons to go.

Actually, for once, having a full off season to strengthen up, put on some muscle (not just weight) will do him the world of good. From what I have seen of him I do not question his talent - but I wish people would give him a go.
Yeah, a long off-season in the gym with a decent set of shoulders will allow him to add good bulk and strength to his upper body, which will help in the initial hit and wrestle.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sat 20 Oct, 2018 3:08 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:32 pm
Harvey wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

I'm a fan og liddle

I believe he will come good

Has a great attitude

Just needs some luck with injuries