Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3497
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Nelson » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 7:24 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 6:46 am
Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 9:20 pm
Manu Ma’u reportedly being shopped (Daily Telegraph). Could be an option for lock - would add some aggression. 30 now but should still have a couple of good years in him.
Buy him. Tough nut. Reminds me of Jeremy Smith. Definitely would be great for us
Definitely not the worst buy...would tighten us defensively I dont see him much as an attacking player
It’s his work rate in attack that would interest me. He takes plenty of runs and his runs have got impact (a lot more than those of Eisenhuth). He’s averaged > 110m per game for the last 4 seasons.

I’d imagine a side like Cronulla need him more (with Lewis retired and Graham long term injured) but I think he’d do a job for us.


User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:20 am

I see Kasiano as an attacking ball player. Interesting some have mentioned his defence. That side of his game never would have crossed my mind. Not sure he's the perfect fit, but there's no doubt on his day he can win a game. Consistancy is the big question mark.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:43 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:20 am
I see Kasiano as an attacking ball player. Interesting some have mentioned his defence. That side of his game never would have crossed my mind. Not sure he's the perfect fit, but there's no doubt on his day he can win a game. Consistancy is the big question mark.
Poor guy Melb was not a good move for him.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3808
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:47 am

With the game going in the direction of reduced interchange, we cannot keep signing front rowers that only play 25-40 minutes a game.

User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by TSupps05 » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:05 am

I'd give Parra Eisenhuth and take Ma'u
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:


bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:15 am

what craps me off is how we see played out in the papers and tv, how teams like the dogs are after such and such , yet they have a cap crisis, then the knights just keep adding players, yet we have room and i believe a lot of cap space yet we are not linked to anyone and yes we have no signings since to two from the rooters, yet plenty of good players been released and moving all over the place, would just love 1 top class player, is that to much to ask for, come on madge make the tigers xmas a happy one. lol

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4236
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:47 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 9:20 pm
Manu Ma’u reportedly being shopped (Daily Telegraph). Could be an option for lock - would add some aggression. 30 now but should still have a couple of good years in him.
Buy him. Tough nut. Reminds me of Jeremy Smith. Definitely would be great for us
Agree, Donald. Sign him up, Madge.
No more plodders!
:sign:

kiwitiger
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:02 am
Location: Wellington NZ

Post by kiwitiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 11:04 am

bp tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:15 am
what craps me off is how we see played out in the papers and tv, how teams like the dogs are after such and such , yet they have a cap crisis, then the knights just keep adding players, yet we have room and i believe a lot of cap space yet we are not linked to anyone and yes we have no signings since to two from the rooters, yet plenty of good players been released and moving all over the place, would just love 1 top class player, is that to much to ask for, come on madge make the tigers xmas a happy one. lol
In fairness to the dogs they made some decisions to get a couple of high paid players off the books. They didn't tell their fans it will take 3 years and the fans accepted it.
They have made the hard decisions and are now moving on.

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 11:36 am

Remember the dogs only signed Crichton, Cogger and a bunch of young blokes like Lewis, Smith and mariner.
They let the Morris boys go, Eastwood, Woods, Mbye, Frawley and a couple others.
Klemmers on his way out.
I can’t see why they wouldn’t have a few bob to throw around.
Especially if Manly are thinking of taking Foran of their hands.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5698
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 11:47 am

kiwitiger wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 11:04 am
bp tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:15 am
what craps me off is how we see played out in the papers and tv, how teams like the dogs are after such and such , yet they have a cap crisis, then the knights just keep adding players, yet we have room and i believe a lot of cap space yet we are not linked to anyone and yes we have no signings since to two from the rooters, yet plenty of good players been released and moving all over the place, would just love 1 top class player, is that to much to ask for, come on madge make the tigers xmas a happy one. lol
In fairness to the dogs they made some decisions to get a couple of high paid players off the books. They didn't tell their fans it will take 3 years and the fans accepted it.
They have made the hard decisions and are now moving on.
Yep. It's why they are in the 8 boe often than us, that makes the tough calls, no sacrificing seasons.

Ma'u would be a top shelf signing for us, just the sort of aggression we're lacking.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 11:49 am

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 11:36 am
Remember the dogs only signed Crichton, Cogger and a bunch of young blokes like Lewis, Smith and mariner.
They let the Morris boys go, Eastwood, Woods, Mbye, Frawley and a couple others.
Klemmers on his way out.
I can’t see why they wouldn’t have a few bob to throw around.
Especially if Manly are thinking of taking Foran of their hands.
not 100% sure but i think ur wrong, the dogs also got a lot of players still in there squad who are on big backend contracts for net year and the following year. think klemmer is staying as the knights signed gravet from the warriors. and they also signed SUE, AND THE PENRITH BACKROWER.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:28 pm

Daily Mercary saying we signed someone. Anyone have a clue who?

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29902
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm sure recruitment is an on going search they are not just sitting idle...but I'm done with the argument we need to recruit and announce someone cause we have spots and cash...

With Maguire now the head coach I'm sure he has an idea of the sort of player he wants and would be aware of the holes in our roster...doesn't take Einstein to figure it out...no point signing a player for the sake of it to appease fans...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:03 am

Post by hodgo » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:48 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:28 pm
Daily Mercary saying we signed someone. Anyone have a clue who?
cant access the post either man

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:50 pm

hodgo wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:48 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:28 pm
Daily Mercary saying we signed someone. Anyone have a clue who?
cant access the post either man
What does it say in the title?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Madge
Member
Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue 30 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Madge » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:51 pm

Relax people it’s a click bait article we didn’t sign anyone.

User avatar
PrattenParkMagpie
Member
Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 3:02 pm

Wrong team people, The article is in the Daily Mercury in Mackay about the Wests Tigers team in the Mackay region.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 3:10 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 3:02 pm
Wrong team people, The article is in the Daily Mercury in Mackay about the Wests Tigers team in the Mackay region.
How do they go?

Post Reply