Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by Needaname » Sat 16 Sep, 2017 2:07 pm

I agree don't get me wrong.
What I stated above Is my opinion of the bookies / media perspective. All I've heard over the past month is how great Newcastle are playing and that they will make the 8 next year.
We on the other hand have been commended for becoming a tough and resilient team over the back end of the year but there has also been plenty mentioned of the impact and loss of Woods and Tedesco.
For us we may see a positive and I myself certainly do but once again the odds are saying that at the moment it is too much of an unknown for the Bookies to give us a great hope.

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Needaname » Sat 16 Sep, 2017 2:35 pm

Just to add to the discussion.
On tripple m the were talking about the Players Player award that Tedesco Won and how it is decided upon.
The way it works is win or lose each opposing team has to give their 3 2 1 after every game.
The fact that Tedesco won over the likes of Cameron Smith, Cherry Evans, Mitchell Pearce, Jake Friend, Morgan, Tomololo goes to show that in the eyes of the opposition only 1 player stood out in our team all year, and that was Tedesco.

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 125 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 16 Sep, 2017 3:01 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 16 Sep, 2017 2:35 pm
Just to add to the discussion.
On tripple m the were talking about the Players Player award that Tedesco Won and how it is decided upon.
The way it works is win or lose each opposing team has to give their 3 2 1 after every game.
The fact that Tedesco won over the likes of Cameron Smith, Cherry Evans, Mitchell Pearce, Jake Friend, Morgan, Tomololo goes to show that in the eyes of the opposition only 1 player stood out in our team all year, and that was Tedesco.
Or it was too hard to think about. I know of Tedesco so I'll give him 3.

BalmainBoy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by BalmainBoy » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:09 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 16 Sep, 2017 12:26 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sat 16 Sep, 2017 11:23 am
2 things the Bookies would be considering.

Newcastle was competitive the whole year and will only improve with their additions.

Our side was competitive for the last 3rd of the year and despite many denials was off the back of Woods and Tedesco pulling their thumbs out and putting in super efforts every game.

The bookies know what they are getting with Newcastle.
When you say competitive, does that include the 40-0 loss to the Panthers, 38-8 loss to the Titans, 40-12 and 44-12 losses to the Storm, 46-28 loss to the Raiders and 33-12 loss to us? Does that include winning 5 games all year and 2 less than us?

I think the Knights are an honest side going in mostly thr right direction but they've won 3 consecutive wooden spoons, which is a horrible track record. They've recruited ok, a few Roosters discards and I rate their Broncos pickups more highly, but no stars - Kalyn Ponga still pending regular first grade performances.

I also don't agree that we improved off the back of Woods and Tedesco, I think we improved because of the superior support for those two - the emergence of guys like Marsters, Hooth, Twal, Tui evened out the performances of the side across the park.

The bookies underrate ua most seasons and that's why my early season betting always does so well, because we don't get the respect we deserve.
We deserve respect ..?
Based on what exactly ???
I don't think most would Tigers in the top 10 next year after losing our two best players .. maybe three best if hig look at Moses's Parra form

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:44 am

BalmainBoy wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:09 am
jirskyr wrote:
Needaname wrote:

Newcastle was competitive the whole year and will only improve with their additions.

Our side was competitive for the last 3rd of the year and despite many denials was off the back of Woods and Tedesco pulling their thumbs out and putting in super efforts every game.

When you say competitive, does that include the 40-0 loss to the Panthers, 38-8 loss to the Titans, 40-12 and 44-12 losses to the Storm, 46-28 loss to the Raiders and 33-12 loss to us? Does that include winning 5 games all year and 2 less than us?

I think the Knights are an honest side going in mostly thr right direction but they've won 3 consecutive wooden spoons, which is a horrible track record. They've recruited ok, a few Roosters discards and I rate their Broncos pickups more highly, but no stars - Kalyn Ponga still pending regular first grade performances.

I also don't agree that we improved off the back of Woods and Tedesco, I think we improved because of the superior support for those two - the emergence of guys like Marsters, Hooth, Twal, Tui evened out the performances of the side across the park.

The bookies underrate ua most seasons and that's why my early season betting always does so well, because we don't get the respect we deserve.
We deserve respect ..?
I don't think most would Tigers in the top 10 next year after losing our two best players .. maybe three best if hig look at Moses's Parra form
Talking about punting respect. Tigers should not be favourites IMO for the spoon next year. I'm not saying we are certainties for the Top 10, just that we are always at long odds early and there are many good bets to be had early-season.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 12:07 pm

Surely warriors are spoon faves?

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 12:50 pm

Warriors or souffs will get the spoon next year imo

I'll be shocked if the knights move out of the bottom 4. They get way, way too much praise for a team that's finished last 3 years in a row. The only guy they've signed for next year who is a regular starter for his NRL side is Moga and he's had 3 knee recos in the past 6 years. Guerra is a dud, Ese is a bench prop and the 2 kids they've signed look ok but they're currently playing in gun sides choc full of Internationals.

We won't get near the spoon. We have heaps of depth and our coach is a proven success.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 3:01 pm

BalmainBoy wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:09 am
jirskyr wrote:
Needaname wrote:

We deserve respect ..?
Back to his true form last night. Karma.

:roll :roll

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 3:07 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 12:50 pm

I'll be shocked if the knights move out of the bottom 4. They get way, way too much praise for a team that's finished last 3 years in a row. The only guy they've signed for next year who is a regular starter for his NRL side is Moga and he's had 3 knee recos in the past 6 years. Guerra is a dud, Ese is a bench prop and the 2 kids they've signed look ok but they're currently playing in gun sides choc full of Internationals.

We won't get near the spoon. We have heaps of depth and our coach is a proven success.
Fergie. You have touched on an important point there. The Coaching . Nathan Brown, that new bloke at South. The Warriors , Penrith and a heap of other teams have a lot worse coaching that us.
Brad Arther has done well with Parra , the Cows are well coached.
Ricky is no Eisenstein and the jury is still out with Barrett.
I think most of the players in our squad will continue to improve under Ivan.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Has liked: 440 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 5:46 pm

fergiefurr wrote:

Since origin Guerra has been the roosters best forward, and Ese looks good, Watson also.
Go hard or go home

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:11 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 5:46 pm
fergiefurr wrote:

Since origin Guerra has been the roosters best forward, and Ese looks good, Watson also.
I think Newcastle will be good next year. Guerra looks awesome in the Roosters pack. Watson looks good. Maybe they won't come on that much as they've lost Gagai but I really think the comp is open next year.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:39 pm

If we even out the pinnacles and troughs In our performances, we are a chance of making the 8.

gallagher
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:43 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:39 pm
If we even out the pinnacles and troughs In our performances, we are a chance of making the 8.
Agreed. And we seemed to do that in last few months. If we had parras run in we finish a lot higher.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:52 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:11 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 17 Sep, 2017 5:46 pm
fergiefurr wrote:

I think Newcastle will be good next year. Guerra looks awesome in the Roosters pack. Watson looks good. Maybe they won't come on that much as they've lost Gagai but I really think the comp is open next year.
Yeah too many people wrote Guerra off because he had a bit of a form slump early in the year, but I knew he would bounce back. I wished we had signed him.

helmesy
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by helmesy » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:06 pm

Souths will struggle next year, Titans and Warriors too.

My money though is on the Bulldogs to have a very tough year, resulting in Haslers sacking.

Tigers will come 6th or 7th.

Has liked: 440 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 18 Sep, 2017 12:34 pm

Cronulla has not offered Tagatese a contract for next year, he is 30, maybe worth a shot
Go hard or go home

wt00
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 18 Sep, 2017 12:46 pm

Hush, Hush
We know of at least three NRL clubs keen on Greg Bird if he returns to Australia. Watch this space! Via foxsports.
Doubt we would be one of the three... I could be wrong though...
The star of the team is the team.

macca84
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by macca84 » Mon 18 Sep, 2017 12:58 pm

wt00 wrote:
Mon 18 Sep, 2017 12:46 pm
Hush, Hush
We know of at least three NRL clubs keen on Greg Bird if he returns to Australia. Watch this space! Via foxsports.
Doubt we would be one of the three... I could be wrong though...
We already have ET, Eiso, McQueen, Rowdy, Aloiai, Marsters, Rochow fighting for spots in the second row/lock area. It would be a colosall wast of money to go after Bird. I'd say the Roosters, maybe Titans and Souths would be the 3 after him

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”