Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: New Signing Rumours Superthread

Unread post by momo&medo » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:06 pm

We need to change name of this topic.
First post is relevant but beyond that it's just a wish list stuff.

OzLukeH
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by OzLukeH » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:12 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:26 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:52 pm
OzLukeH wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:41 pm

Not defending what he did, but tbf, he's been on his best behavior since he's been at the Dragons. Everyone deserves a second chance if they are showing that they have reformed. And i haven't heard anything to suggest he hasn't.
Just my opinion gnr4life, but there is getting into a fight, then kicking the guys head while laying on the ground unconscious....
I know that league players aren't angels, but for my club I don't want that kind of thing around.
Fair enough, but people make mistakes. If people gave convicted criminals a chance when they come out of jail, maybe a lot of them would actually be decent members of society. When you are looked down on as trash and told you are trash then you might as well continue acting like trash
He is trash. He struck a guy down over a dispute re: a cigarette THEN punched him repeatedly in the head whilst the guy was laying on the ground and THEN stomped on his head. He doesn't deserve a second chance.

Every day you go on about Woods being a "pea heart" and then you say Russell Packer deserves a second chance... I know who i'd rather have representing us.
I agree as above. I'd rather have pea heart woods than head stomping packer...but it's all simply opinions.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 11:23 am
Wouldn't take Dugan for free. Pea heart whose been to fake injuries when the going gets tough.
It would cost you a fortune in medical bill if we sign Dugan.

Seantice
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Seantice » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:18 pm

Fullback is theonly position where there actually not much talent coming off contract.. Hard to replace Tedesco...

bathursttiger
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:19 pm

OzLukeH wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:12 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 4:26 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:52 pm
OzLukeH wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 3:46 pm

Just my opinion gnr4life, but there is getting into a fight, then kicking the guys head while laying on the ground unconscious....
I know that league players aren't angels, but for my club I don't want that kind of thing around.
Fair enough, but people make mistakes. If people gave convicted criminals a chance when they come out of jail, maybe a lot of them would actually be decent members of society. When you are looked down on as trash and told you are trash then you might as well continue acting like trash
He is trash. He struck a guy down over a dispute re: a cigarette THEN punched him repeatedly in the head whilst the guy was laying on the ground and THEN stomped on his head. He doesn't deserve a second chance.

Every day you go on about Woods being a "pea heart" and then you say Russell Packer deserves a second chance... I know who i'd rather have representing us.
I agree as above. I'd rather have pea heart woods than head stomping packer...but it's all simply opinions.
Packer should have been deported back to NZ and banded coming here for life.

Seantice

Unread post by Seantice » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:23 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:55 pm
WOW... $650k for Dane Gagai and $1M for Shaun Johnson?
johnson 800,000
gagai 550000.

gagai is a really good players who plays for his state. If he played fullback id bump the price up. Centre though would be about that for him. All class.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:57 pm

ricksen wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 2:32 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 2:23 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 11:23 am
Wouldn't take Dugan for free. Pea heart whose been to fake injuries when the going gets tough.
Assuming Tedesco moves on, who would you like to see wearing the Tigers #1 jersey?
For me, that's the biggest issue.
If we lose Woods, there's a bevy of decent props around of varying quality and price.
Same goes for halves.
But losing Tedesco would automatically mean a pretty big downgrade in the position, as there's no real guns out there that I'd consider chasing.
I think I'd look at Gordon for 12 months and then re-assess in 2019. Outside of him, I've no idea.

Cameron Munster?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:59 pm

Seantice wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:23 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
johnson 800,000
gagai 550000.

gagai is a really good players who plays for his state. If he played fullback id bump the price up. Centre though would be about that for him. All class.
He does play fullback.

OzLukeH

Unread post by OzLukeH » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:00 pm

Seantice wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
johnson 800,000
gagai 550000.

I never thought too much of Gagai a few years ago, but the kid is really stepping up, and despite having a struggling team around him he still smashes himself. I'd have him for sure!

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 5:07 pm
We need players who are prepared to stomp on peoples heads... Our current blokes are too nice.

Packer or Lodge would be perfect for the Tigers!

We're already one of the most heavily penalised teams, imagine what it would be like with these two and James Graham onboard - we'd probably never win another game! :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:10 pm

Wests Tigers open talks with off-contract Bulldog Josh Reynolds to replace Mitchell Moses
Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago

BELOVED Bulldog Josh Reynolds has emerged on a Wests Tigers hit-list as a potential replacement for Parramatta-bound Mitchell Moses.

In a move that will send shockwaves through Canterbury’s heartland, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the Tigers have initiated talks with Reynolds’ management and those discussions will advance this week.

Off-contract St George Illawarra skipper Gareth Widdop is the other playmaker high up on Ivan Cleary’s radar as a possible halves partner for Luke Brooks in 2018.

The Tigers are also adamant they are still in the fight to keep skipper Aaron Woods and star fullback James Tedesco, despite reports suggesting both players will follow Moses out the door next year.

Cleary earned instant respect among the playing group for the subtle way he went about getting the team ready for their upset victory over North Queensland last weekend.

That has led to new hope within the club that Cleary’s calming influence could ultimately sway Woods and Tedesco to stay and help lead the club into a brighter future.

But with Moses expected to be granted his request for a release in the coming weeks to join the Eels, the Tigers can’t afford to waste time finding an alternative five-eighth replacement.

Reynolds is on the Tigers’ radar along with Dragons playmaker Gareth Widdop
It is understood Cleary has a high opinion of Reynolds and Widdop, and sees them both as a good fit to play alongside Brooks, who last week recommitted his future to the Tigers.

A local Canterbury junior, 27-year-old Reynolds has played his entire career at the Bulldogs but is yet to be offered a new deal, with the Bulldogs linked to Cooper Cronk and Kieran Foran.

Widdop has been in career-best form this year but is struggling to come to an agreement with the Dragons.

There is no question St George Illawarra wants to keep their skipper and have made him a substantial offer, but it still falls short of what the 28-year-old Englishman is currently earning.

While the Tigers’ priority is to do everything possible to keep Woods and Tedesco, if that falls over they have a number of options they are looking at.

Reynolds would be a replacement for the Eels bound Mitchell Moses in the halves
Potential fullback replacements mentioned include Josh Dugan and Will Hopoate, while Russell Packer and Ben Matulino are front-rowers in discussion.

Packer is the only forward in the Dragons’ pack still not signed for next year and previously played under Cleary at the Warriors, as did Matulino who is also off contract at the Warriors.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... m=Facebook
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

OzLukeH

Unread post by OzLukeH » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm

Hmmmm interesting.....

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:18 pm

I'd much prefer Widdop. Cleary needs to factor in with Moses gone we are without a goal kicker next year which is where Widdop should take sway over Reynolds. I know Reynolds is on the nose with a lot of people, but you can't coach the heart and tenacity he has. Something sorely lacking in our playing ranks.

As far as fullbacks go, I would be distraught landing Dugan or Hoppa. Would much rather approach the Warriors and seeing if they would grant Lolohea a release OR sign Gagai and play him at fullback.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:18 pm

Again depends what either Reynolds ,Johnson or Widdop want

Reynolds can't goal kick so that becomes a problem

Seantice

Unread post by Seantice » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Apr, 2017 6:59 pm
Seantice wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
johnson 800,000
gagai 550000.

He does play fullback.
yes, and centre and wing..

Hes a centre though. No passing game. Be great on our edge.

Lidcombe Magpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Lidcombe Magpie » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:22 pm

Reece Hodge form the Melbourne Rebels. Great kicker as well

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:24 pm

don't want a bar of hoppa at the club, hate people who hide behind there so called religion when it suits them, the bloke played for years on a sunday and now he cant get real.
on another note on 360 tonight it was stated that moses would be granted a release the week after next, where does that leave us.

Seantice

Unread post by Seantice » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:25 pm

I didnt even realise hes off contract..

Gagai is a great player. Goes hard all the time. Im happy for him to be our fullback depending on who our halves are. Two halves with great passing games would compliment his running game.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”