This forum has issues

MG1962

Re: This forum has issues

Post by MG1962 » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:28 am

willow wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:26 am
(unless North Korea is stupid enough to push the button).
Word on the street is Kim is a Doggies fan, so we should be good, though God help us if they don't win the premiership in 2018 :roll

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:33 am

MG1962 wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:28 am
willow wrote:
(unless North Korea is stupid enough to push the button).
Word on the street is Kim is a Doggies fan, so we should be good, though God help us if they don't win the premiership in 2018 :roll
Doggies fan in more ways than one. Remember when the Olympic Games were held there and they were prevented from eating Lassie during that period.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:09 pm

willow wrote:
Everyone just needs to calm down a bit and relax please. What's done is done and I don't want fans turning on each other here please. We still have a team to support, well most of us do from the sounds of it so let's start with that. The world isn't going to end because Teddy and Woods have left (unless North Korea is stupid enough to push the button).
Exactly Willow
However, personally I would like the mods to take more control when so many posts are becoming more and more anti-club.

I don't mean deleting posts or locking threads, I mean like your comment above. A few warnings about attitude would be nice - it doesn't have to have abusive language only does it?

I like reading varying opionions but when quite a few get ansie to the club?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:36 pm

AnonTiger wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 8:47 am
I posted on 6 April 2017, that Woods, Teddy and Foran had signed with the Bulldogs. I'll stick to Teddy did sign with the Dogs however asked for an extended COP and back flipped to the rooters (Which is now being reported). I was slammed for providing this information and the thread was locked.

Considering everyone on this forum is here to seek early/inside information regarding the club, I think a lot of people need to rethink their comments and stop shooting people down. Just because you don't like the information provided doesn't mean it's not true.

Anyway I'll be very reluctant to post again as I don't need to be ridiculed for proving good mail.

I had no problem with the original post, nor you coming back with this thread to stick it up those that attacked you. However, whilst most on here are reasonable and appreciated your input, you are posting to the well and truly converted as far as supporters go and when two of our key players are rumored to be going, well, reason goes out the window for some, even if only for a short period.

Please don't let your initial impression during this trying period be the last and disappear, as you obviously have something to contribute to our forum that we all would welcome.

AnonTiger

Post by AnonTiger » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:53 pm

Im a Tigers member and played junior footy for many years in the Balmain comp. The original post was from a good source so i passed it on. Wasnt the intention to stir people up, as I was just as upset as anyone with losing our Captain and Teddy. Positive news is there is no one else to lose and hopefully Cleary can land a few players. Ive heard whispers but nothing solid. When i hear something solid ill pass it on.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:59 pm

AnonTiger

What makes your 'info' any better than anyone elses info? Have you read this forum? There are 20 people everyday claiming to have the scoop and the inside knowledge. They are rarely correct. What was so special about yours?

As far as the forum is concerned, youre just another nutter posting your thoughts and claiming to be in the know. You may also actually be in the know, but how does anyone tell - unless you provide facts, source names etc.

Chill out mate, I dont know what made you think you'd have any other sort of reception.....
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 1:12 pm

Fact is people cling to inside info when its info they want to hear, when it isn't, the messanger is called a troll and a stirrer. Just because it might be something you don't want to hear does not mean its false. I know emotions are hard to contain, but try and think logically.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 1:20 pm

AnonTiger wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:53 pm
Im a Tigers member and played junior footy for many years in the Balmain comp. The original post was from a good source so i passed it on. Wasnt the intention to stir people up, as I was just as upset as anyone with losing our Captain and Teddy. Positive news is there is no one else to lose and hopefully Cleary can land a few players. Ive heard whispers but nothing solid. When i hear something solid ill pass it on.
Thanks. Will look forward to any rumours you hear about new players. .

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 1:32 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:09 pm
willow wrote:
Everyone just needs to calm down a bit and relax please. What's done is done and I don't want fans turning on each other here please. We still have a team to support, well most of us do from the sounds of it so let's start with that. The world isn't going to end because Teddy and Woods have left (unless North Korea is stupid enough to push the button).
Exactly Willow
However, personally I would like the mods to take more control when so many posts are becoming more and more anti-club.

I don't mean deleting posts or locking threads, I mean like your comment above. A few warnings about attitude would be nice - it doesn't have to have abusive language only does it?

I like reading varying opionions but when quite a few get ansie to the club?
sorry, I wasn't angry at happy tiger at all... I was just correcting him for labeling another forum member or members "losers". I again value his opinion and everyone's opinion even though they differ from mine.... and we can agree to disagree... heck I don't know what goes in the club or team most of the time that's why I am here to read up on everyone's post. I don't take everything as gospel but I do try and understand where everyone is coming from... I have nothing to say bad about the club as I don't really have any knowledge or info on how they are working things out... this is all I have to say... WEST TIGERS till I die!!!
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

Robbie Farah's Dad

Post by Robbie Farah's Dad » Fri 04 May, 2018 2:46 pm

you are right this forum has issues AnonTiger.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:01 pm

Nice bump..I believe this is when happy switched to the red pills from the blue period...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post by 851 » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:05 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:01 pm
Nice bump..I believe this is when happy switched to the red pills from the blue period...
Great days they were :P
Go hard or go home

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:17 pm

AnonTiger wrote:
Don’t stop what your doing mate and don’t let the haters stop you. It sounds like a boys clubs here. Another poster insaneink posted a scoop about a signing in the coming weeks and didn’t end up revealing anything. If he was a newbie he would have been mocked and taken to town. But because he’s part of the boys club it was let go as some sort of joke. Your posts won’t always be correct but keep posting as I know I appreciate it.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:21 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:17 pm
AnonTiger wrote:
Don’t stop what your doing mate and don’t let the haters stop you. It sounds like a boys clubs here. Another poster insaneink posted a scoop about a signing in the coming weeks and didn’t end up revealing anything. If he was a newbie he would have been mocked and taken to town. But because he’s part of the boys club it was let go as some sort of joke. Your posts won’t always be correct but keep posting as I know I appreciate it.
I thought Ink was taking the piss out of Smoking Gun?

And lol @ Robbie Farah's Dad... Top handle.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:21 pm

It is a good bump because its the same people shooting down anyone that may have information. Its kinda funny really its usually the same neagative people that bag the team then shoot people down when they try to pass on info.

I have good mates in the NQ camp and get info second hand about the tigers through them. Usually late and never huge breaking news but it would be a waste of time on here because you have all the negative blokes that always know best even though they know very little about the inner workings

Also most of the info people get is fluid and can change depending on a million different things, For every player the WT sign there would be 50 conversations with others.
Me personally i love that stuff its fun to discuss possibilities but its literally not possible on this forum.

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:35 pm

hodgo wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:21 pm
It is a good bump because its the same people shooting down anyone that may have information. Its kinda funny really its usually the same neagative people that bag the team then shoot people down when they try to pass on info.

I have good mates in the NQ camp and get info second hand about the tigers through them. Usually late and never huge breaking news but it would be a waste of time on here because you have all the negative blokes that always know best even though they know very little about the inner workings

Also most of the info people get is fluid and can change depending on a million different things, For every player the WT sign there would be 50 conversations with others.
Me personally i love that stuff its fun to discuss possibilities but its literally not possible on this forum.
Yep, i work somewhere where I meet people from within clubs.

I posted Austin to Tigers that didn't eventuate and I'm satan hahahah.

It is what it is...

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:49 pm

I actually joined this forum just over a year ago (been a Tigers fan for 40+ years) to try and get an early scoop on (mainly) Tedesco, Woods, Brooks and that other thing. And have since been interested in all associated topics. I find these "possible signing rumours" interesting but certainly don't take too much out of it until there is an actual signing release from the club. I encourage for "those in the know" to keep it up and keep posting, because this is a sporting club forum after all, that seems to be well controlled.

All in all it makes good reading.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 04 May, 2018 4:13 pm

Edited.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Fri 04 May, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.