Latrell Mitchell and Connor Watson

smoking gun

Re: Latrell Mitchell and Connor Watson

Post by smoking gun » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:49 pm

supercoach wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 6:43 pm
If Mitchell goes on the open market he may end up at the Knights, he has some connection with either the club or the area..read something earlier in the year that Newie were interested in his services
He's from Taree. Bedsy has some association with him. Not sure how deep it runs though.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:51 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:44 pm
If Latrell was to go on the market, we wouldn't be the only club looking closely at him I can guarantee you that.
Of course but we would be the only one with a clear vacancy at fullback, money to spend, not far from where he lives now, good coach, no one in front of him.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:54 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:46 pm
teddy23 wrote:
If Latrell was to go on the market, we wouldn't be the only club looking closely at him I can guarantee you that.
Unless that market was a swap for Teddy... then we could be the only ones.
Honestly I might get laughed at, but I reckon Mitchell will be better than Tedesco. Mitchell is 19 and he is providing with solid performances. He isn't showing glimpses of "potential" he's putting out consistently at such a young age.

Imo sign Cronk at 1.1-2 a season for a season with an option in our favour for the next, pending a coaching role. Having Cronk guide Mitchell will be so influnicial in his mental state of the game. Sign Nathan Cleary after Cooper retires and you've got someone who could replicate Cronks style of play.

As for Watson, he should be second option if we can't sign Cronk. He's a gun and will bring heaps to this club.

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:56 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:54 pm
Mighty Tiger wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Honestly I might get laughed at, but I reckon Mitchell will be better than Tedesco. Mitchell is 19 and he is providing with solid performances. He isn't showing glimpses of "potential" he's putting out consistently at such a young age.

Imo sign Cronk at 1.1-2 a season for a season with an option in our favour for the next, pending a coaching role. Having Cronk guide Mitchell will be so influnicial in his mental state of the game. Sign Nathan Cleary after Cooper retires and you've got someone who could replicate Cronks style of play.

As for Watson, he should be second option if we can't sign Cronk. He's a gun and will bring heaps to this club.

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....
Im with you Teddy (please change your name). Come on Ivan, lets make Tigers great again.

Iwould prefer Mitchell at <$400K than Teddy at >$1M. We need a TEAM

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:03 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:56 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:
teddy23 wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....
Im with you Teddy (please change your name). Come on Ivan, lets make Tigers great again.

I'd take Teddy at a million any day of the week. Mitchell would be nothing but trouble.

We can create enough of our own without buying it.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:09 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:03 pm
Glennb wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

I'd take Teddy at a million any day of the week. Mitchell would be nothing but trouble.

And what has creating our own done us, nothing but trouble.

Mitchell is a sensational talent, I'd take him over Tedesco with Mitchell being a much cheaper option.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:12 pm

If we lose Ted I would love to sign Mitchell, if only so the Roosters can taste the pain we've had so often.

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:16 pm

Winnipeg wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:12 pm
If we lose Ted I would love to sign Mitchell, if only so the Roosters can taste the pain we've had so often.
X2
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:16 pm

smoking gun wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:49 pm
supercoach wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 6:43 pm
If Mitchell goes on the open market he may end up at the Knights, he has some connection with either the club or the area..read something earlier in the year that Newie were interested in his services
He's from Taree. Bedsy has some association with him. Not sure how deep it runs though.
Bedsy is a Taree boy also. Was born there.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:17 pm

Glennb wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:
teddy23 wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

Your dreaming if you think you could lure Mitchell for 400g in these days of inflated contracts. Okay he might be on 250 or so now, but once he hits the open market his price will start at 500g. I mean if Moses can command close to a million, Mitchell is not far behind

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:18 pm

Russell wrote:
Glennb wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

Teddy is (now) a much better player than Mitchell but what I think is Teddys million results in
Teddy
Naqaima
Rankin
Lovett

Whereas Mitchell would result the opportunity for something like
Mitchell
Milne
Watson
Matulino

Cleary is building a TEAM

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:20 pm

supercoach wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:17 pm
Glennb wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

Your dreaming if you think you could lure Mitchell for 400g in these days of inflated contracts. Okay he might be on 250 or so now, but once he hits the open market his price will start at 500g. I mean if Moses can command close to a million, Mitchell is not far behind
Probably, but even at $500-600 the maths is the same. Believe it or not there are not many (any) other clubs that can offer what we do right now.....opportunity, position, coaching, money, vicinity to home

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:45 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:09 pm
Russell wrote:
Glennb wrote:
teddy23 wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

Mitchell is a sensational talent, I'd take him over Tedesco with Mitchell being a much cheaper option.
He's cheaper for a reason.

Jam Wowz

Post by Jam Wowz » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:48 pm

Teddy first, Mitchell second. Gordon third if he doesn't retire.

While it would be nice to pick up Gordon and Cronk for experience, we need to be getting some killer youngsters up or have ideal replacements like Melbourne, Brisbane and even Manly under Des did. Teams like that just don't miss finals series all the time.

In the Ivan Bus we trust.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:45 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Russell wrote:
Glennb wrote:

He's 19? He is getting and he is worth more than Teddy was at the same age.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:58 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:41 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:45 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Russell wrote:

He's 19? He is getting and he is worth more than Teddy was at the same age.
He's showing much more promise and consistency than Tedesco did at the same age. Less injuries, too.

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:02 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:18 pm
Russell wrote:
Glennb wrote:
teddy23 wrote:

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cooper Cronk
7. Luke Brooks

Dare to dream....

Teddy is (now) a much better player than Mitchell but what I think is Teddys million results in
Teddy
Naqaima
Rankin
Lovett

Whereas Mitchell would result the opportunity for something like
Mitchell
Milne
Watson
Matulino

Cleary is building a TEAM
That is cracking perspective!!!

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:09 pm

Getting Mitchell and Watson would be better long term than keeping Tedesco. It won't happen unless the NRL determine Teddy has to be registered at at least 1m p.a. On the cap as they should. Roosters and Dogs have too much influence on NRL and Greenberg.