Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 5:29 am

shakey4d wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:08 pm
Is Eisenhuth actually signed next year? I don't think eisenhuth or ET are officially on the books for 2018 currently?

Also, anyone know if Tatola or Siro are signed for 2018?
Siro wont be here

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 6:20 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 3:53 pm
Young Sirro wont be in Ivans plans next year
Wonder if dad will spit the dummy again. Not saying the kid can't play, but I've never got the vibe from him that he would crack first grade here.

momo&medo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:05 am

2018 Recruitment Gradings – Tigers
Dan Nicholls - June 22, 2017 - 10:46 pm
After passing the halfway mark of the season, those sides in the bottom few are starting to look to next season.

Below we take a look at those sides including their recruitment to date, and those players who they should target.

It’s a little bit of fantasy booking per say, and I’ve tried to keep those potential targets realistic. Without knowing the exact salary cap position of each side, take the suggestions with a grain of salt, but given reports, and common sense, they are players each side would likely be able to recruit.

West Tigers
In: Mahe Fonua (Hull FC, 2019), Tyson Gamble (2019), Tuimoala Lolohea (New Zealand Warriors, 2019), Ben Matulino (New Zealand Warriors, 2020), Chris McQueen (Gold Coast Titans, 2020), Taane Milne (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2019), Russell Packer (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2021), Josh Reynolds (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, 2021), Corey Thompson (Widnes Vikings, 2019), Alex Twal (Parramatta Eels, 2020), Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (Penrith Panthers, 2018)

The Tigers have recruited with real aggression and have produced some positive results. Josh Reynolds is the exact kind of player they need to partner Luke Brooks in the halves. Ben Matulino and Russell Packer’s signatures completely change the look of their forward pack, which was very much needed. Chris McQueen is a handy signing and will add experience and ability in the back row. Lolohea is the prize signing for mine, after hugely underachieving across the Tasman. He will play fullback next season you’d imagine. He’s a special player.

Out: Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Ryan Papenhuyzen (Melbourne Storm), Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai (Cronulla Sharks), James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters), Aaron Woods (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Unfortunately, the Tigers have lost their captain and their best player, as well as Mitchell Moses, three of the four supposed ‘big four’. Tedesco is set to become the best number one in the game and is a mammoth loss, but to be honest the Tigers needed a shift in attitude and moving those three players on may provide long-term benefits.

Re-signed: Josh Aloiai (2019), Luke Brooks (2019), Michael Chee-Kam (2019), Jacob Liddle (2019), Matt McIlwrick (2019), David Nofoaluma (2021), Moses Suli (2020)

Brooks re-signed early and was key after the club invested so much in his development. Chee-Kam and McIlwrick are handy players, while Moses Suli looks something special. Nofoaluma’s signature was huge and cannot be understated. For mine, he was the fourth member of the ridiculous ‘big four’.

Off Contract: Matt Ballin, Joel Edwards, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Jack Littlejohn, Kyle Lovett, Kevin Naiqama

Naiqama aside, the Tigers have achieved the bulk of their re-signings. Expect a few of these to pen new deals, but I’d expect the recruitment spree to continue.

Should Target: Gideon Gela-Mosby, Charlie Gubb, Blake Ferguson

The Tigers look perhaps an outside back short and should have the funds to chase the likes of Blake Ferguson. Whether or not he’ll be interested is another story, but young Gela-Mosby might be willing to make a move for regular first-grade football and could be a target. Charlie Gubb would be the kind of young forward who can play off the bench, and wouldn’t break the bank.

Grading: B

They lost three big-name players, including a man who will play rep footy for as long as he feels like it in James Tedesco. Aaron Woods, who has the team’s postcode on his backside, sees the heart of the club moved on. Mitch Moses has hardly been missed. They are big outs, but the club has worked tirelessly to replace them. In Lolohea they have signed a brilliant fullback. Reynolds is an upgrade on Moses. Matulino and Packer probably cost, combined, just a little over what Woods would have cost them by himself. Nofa is a huge re-signing, with McQueen also a brilliant move. Tedesco aside, they look a better side on paper heading into next season.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:24 am

We have all produced a million posts on the above subject, but blind Freddy would tell you our full strength 2018 side looks a hell of a lot more competitive than our 2017 full strength side. I guess the proof will be in the pudding and to mould so many new faces into a competitive side in 2018 will be a massive job for Cleary and his coaching team.

I would like a player like Furgerson and another class forward, but I am also happy to leave the odd gap in the roster for the young kids to try and grab, because they need pathways other wise they can get disenchanted very quickly.

Still going to be very hard to get near the top eight in 2018, but a very strong foundation will be laid

Roar Power
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Roar Power » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:29 am

Hasn't Charlie Gubb gone to NT?

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:31 am

Another day in the life
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:44 am

momo&medo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:05 am
2018 Recruitment Gradings – Tigers
Dan Nicholls - June 22, 2017 - 10:46 pm

Unfortunately, the Tigers have lost their captain and their best player, as well as Mitchell Moses,
as well as...I.E. no great loss!
Had to laugh.
"Quality Stupidity"

madunit
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by madunit » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:47 am

Naiqama is being shopped to the ESL, again.

A few clubs are interested but he is asking for too much money. He's running a real risk of either not being signed or having to play for a lot less than he is currently on.

Jack Littlejohn looks close to signing with an ESL side as well, could even be gone before the end of the season.

swag tiger
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:04 am

madunit wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:47 am

A few clubs are interested but he is asking for too much money. He's running a real risk of either not being signed or having to play for a lot less than he is currently on.

Jack Littlejohn looks close to signing with an ESL side as well, could even be gone before the end of the season.
Guessing we will be relying on Gamble and Marshall-king to lead the ISP team.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

weststigerman
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by weststigerman » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:49 am

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
madunit wrote:

I'd be surprised if weren't trying to get Gamble for this year.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 92 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:45 pm

On the whole, the only downgrade on the 2018 side on paper is Tedesco. If he is the only concession to make the team far more competitive across the pitch then I am not that upset by the trade off. I would rather make the finals without Tedesco than the the other way around.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TigerSJ
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah, I suppose CB. But when you look at how much of an impact in a game a really good fullback can have (Teddy, Hayne, Slater, Moylan, Inglis, Shek, Dugan etc) you realise why clubs are willing to pay huge dollars for the best guys. It remains to be seen if banking on Tui will be too much of a concession.

Roar Power

Unread post by Roar Power » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 3:11 pm

I remember a few years back, Tui was the next big thing in Auckland. They all had him pegged as being a superstar and long term FB....until they bought RTS.

I think we could be in a real winner here if he can focus, shed some kegs and buy into the Tigers playing structure. Could end up being a great buy and joining the list of elite fullbacks out there.

swag tiger
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 3:22 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 3:11 pm
I remember a few years back, Tui was the next big thing in Auckland. They all had him pegged as being a superstar and long term FB....until they bought RTS.

I think we could be in a real winner here if he can focus, shed some kegs and buy into the Tigers playing structure. Could end up being a great buy and joining the list of elite fullbacks out there.
I like your Thinking Roar. He sure has the stepping ability to become a elite fullback.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm

Would still like to see them chase Gela-Moseby, particularly if the bus doesn't have a pickup stop in WA

shakey4d
Has liked: 13 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:39 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
madunit wrote:

That's a scary thought. We need to purchase another half. Hopefully we snag another fullback and Lolohea can play his favourite position in isp.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sun 25 Jun, 2017 10:26 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 5:29 am
shakey4d wrote:
Is Eisenhuth actually signed next year? I don't think eisenhuth or ET are officially on the books for 2018 currently?

Siro wont be here
What is Sirro's plan ?

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Harvey » Thu 29 Jun, 2017 6:04 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 25 Jun, 2017 10:26 am
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 5:29 am
shakey4d wrote:

Siro wont be here
What is Sirro's plan ?
Have his father go to the media and whinge about club/current coach/ previous coach

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”