WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 03 May, 2017 3:16 pm

Got a mate that runs a café. He messaged me to say that Cleary (flat white) met with Mundine (Chai Latte) earlier this week. I thought nothing of it till I saw this article:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... vy1hw.html

Anthony Mundine claims he wants a rematch with Danny Green ... and a rugby league return

Anthony Mundine has made his most audacious claim yet, saying he could become the oldest rugby league player in premiership history.

The boxer and former St George Illawarra and NSW State of Origin star, who turns 42 at the end of the month, reckons he can set the record for being league's most senior player, surpassing Billy "Bluey" Wilson, who retired in 1967 at the age of 40.

"I feel that good and that youthful," Mundine told AAP.

"If I can get anywhere up to the speed of what I used to be as a youngster, that could definitely be an option.

"I want to do things that have never been done. I want to make it possible."

Mundine said despite being out of the game for 17 years - having left the Dragons and quit rugby in 2000 to pursue a boxing career - it is all about having "the speed, instinct and the football experience".

"I believe I am capable of it," he said.

"Obviously I would like to go back to the Dragons but I don't know what their plans are. I will have to try and talk to them.

"But I am not really thinking of that right now. I just want to train my body and train my mind.

"I am doing the things I used to do, but I am just doing them better because I am wiser."

But the two-time boxing world champion says any attempt to return won't come before a third bout with long-time rival Danny Green.

"I haven't hung the gloves up totally yet," Mundine said.

Mundine went down to Green in a controversial points decision in Adelaide in February, Green squaring the ledger more than a decade after beating his fierce rival in Sydney in 2006.

Mundine's camp lodged an official appeal with the Australian National Boxing Federation in the hope of getting the result changed to 'no decision'.

But the former super-middleweight and middleweight world champion, who previously ruled out a third bout between the pair, says he is keen to settle the score once and for all.

"I am not sure what is happening with that (a rematch) but it could happen," Mundine said.

"If it does, I might have one more to finish as a winner."

He said he was back training once a day, five days a week with the hope of returning to the ring with Green at the end of the year.

"I would like it to happen this year, at the end of the year personally, but it depends on his (Green's) camp and his team," he said.

"I have shaken the cobwebs out, I feel good, I feel youthful and I feel I could do another five years if I really wanted to."

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Wed 03 May, 2017 3:42 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 3:16 pm
Got a mate that runs a café. He messaged me to say that Cleary (flat white) met with Mundine (Chai Latte) earlier this week. I thought nothing of it till I saw this article:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... vy1hw.html

Anthony Mundine claims he wants a rematch with Danny Green ... and a rugby league return

Anthony Mundine has made his most audacious claim yet, saying he could become the oldest rugby league player in premiership history.

The boxer and former St George Illawarra and NSW State of Origin star, who turns 42 at the end of the month, reckons he can set the record for being league's most senior player, surpassing Billy "Bluey" Wilson, who retired in 1967 at the age of 40.

"I feel that good and that youthful," Mundine told AAP.

"If I can get anywhere up to the speed of what I used to be as a youngster, that could definitely be an option.

"I want to do things that have never been done. I want to make it possible."

Mundine said despite being out of the game for 17 years - having left the Dragons and quit rugby in 2000 to pursue a boxing career - it is all about having "the speed, instinct and the football experience".

"I believe I am capable of it," he said.

"Obviously I would like to go back to the Dragons but I don't know what their plans are. I will have to try and talk to them.

"But I am not really thinking of that right now. I just want to train my body and train my mind.

"I am doing the things I used to do, but I am just doing them better because I am wiser."

But the two-time boxing world champion says any attempt to return won't come before a third bout with long-time rival Danny Green.

"I haven't hung the gloves up totally yet," Mundine said.

Mundine went down to Green in a controversial points decision in Adelaide in February, Green squaring the ledger more than a decade after beating his fierce rival in Sydney in 2006.

Mundine's camp lodged an official appeal with the Australian National Boxing Federation in the hope of getting the result changed to 'no decision'.

But the former super-middleweight and middleweight world champion, who previously ruled out a third bout between the pair, says he is keen to settle the score once and for all.

"I am not sure what is happening with that (a rematch) but it could happen," Mundine said.

"If it does, I might have one more to finish as a winner."

He said he was back training once a day, five days a week with the hope of returning to the ring with Green at the end of the year.

"I would like it to happen this year, at the end of the year personally, but it depends on his (Green's) camp and his team," he said.

"I have shaken the cobwebs out, I feel good, I feel youthful and I feel I could do another five years if I really wanted to."
I have a friend, who has a friend, who in turn has a few friends. One of those few friends who is lactose intolerant, read an article (he can't remember where) that suggested that Jeff Fenech was seen in a gym. Rumour has it that he is trying to get a contract with the Wests Tigers because they have plenty of cap space.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Wed 03 May, 2017 3:45 pm

List is updated guys

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 03 May, 2017 3:52 pm

How many seats are there on the Bus? 30?

- Michael Chee Kam (2019)
- Luke Brooks (2019)
- Josh Aloiai (2019)
- David Nofoaluma (2021)
- Moses Suli (2020)
- Chris McQueen (2020)
- Ben Matulino (2020)
- Josh Reynolds (2021)
- Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (2018)
- Tyson Gamble (2019)
- Alex Twal (2020)
- JJ Felise (2018)
- Chris Lawrence (2019)
- Esan Marsters (2018)
- Jacob Liddle (2018)
- Jesse Sue (2018)
- Elijah Taylor (2018, player option)

there are 17 seats already filled here. 13 to go.
i'm not sure how many of our current ISC players are likely to be in the 30 next year.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Wed 03 May, 2017 3:58 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 3:52 pm

- Luke Brooks (2019)
- Josh Aloiai (2019)
- David Nofoaluma (2021)
- Moses Suli (2020)
- Chris McQueen (2020)
- Ben Matulino (2020)
- Josh Reynolds (2021)
- Tyson Gamble (2019)
- Alex Twal (2020)
- JJ Felise (2018)
- Chris Lawrence (2019)
- Esan Marsters (2018)
- Jacob Liddle (2018)
- Jesse Sue (2018)

i'm not sure how many of our current ISC players are likely to be in the 30 next year.
Yep 30. Our depth is looking 10x better than this years. MWZ, Gamble, Twal are great additions. Hopefully some more good signings to come.

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 03 May, 2017 4:10 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 3:52 pm

- Luke Brooks (2019)
- Josh Aloiai (2019)
- David Nofoaluma (2021)
- Moses Suli (2020)
- Chris McQueen (2020)
- Ben Matulino (2020)
- Josh Reynolds (2021)
- Tyson Gamble (2019)
- Alex Twal (2020)
- JJ Felise (2018)
- Chris Lawrence (2019)
- Esan Marsters (2018)
- Jacob Liddle (2018)
- Jesse Sue (2018)

This is fun. I'll be disappointed when all the seats are filled. :bawling

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Wed 03 May, 2017 4:19 pm

Once Moses. Woods and Tedesco are signed WT will have a heap of money to spend on top level players for 2018.

bp tiger
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Wed 03 May, 2017 5:38 pm

dont forget robbies money and I think sirros too.

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Wed 03 May, 2017 5:52 pm

Would gamble really be top 30? I would doubt it unless he is part of that 6 development players or whatever.

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Wed 03 May, 2017 5:52 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 5:38 pm
I don't think we are paying either of them in 2018 are we?

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Wed 03 May, 2017 5:54 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 5:52 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 5:38 pm
I don't think we are paying either of them in 2018 are we?
Not in 2018 but we are this year

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Wed 03 May, 2017 5:55 pm

From Milky's Off Contract list I reckon MM would be the only one I'd be concerned about signing. Edwards seems to be in favour with Ivan and is fairly strong defensively but not really what we need as a backrower so unless he's cheap and a depth only option I'm not fussed. As for Tim Grant - sorry but as much as he seems like a great bloke, I don't think he's an option at all. I like Kev a lot too, but his game seems to have gone backwards. Idris has a long way to go for me and I can't see him getting there. As for the rest IMO they are all B grade NRL players who wouldn't get a run in a WT top 20 - so why keep them? Lets clean them out and use the money to buy some players we need and would get value from.

marzie

Unread post by marzie » Wed 03 May, 2017 5:56 pm

We are paying Siro in 2018 cos he took up the 2018 option that was in his favour after he found out we were trying to move him on

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 03 May, 2017 6:02 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 5:52 pm
Would gamble really be top 30? I would doubt it unless he is part of that 6 development players or whatever.
You're right .. probably not Top 30. Did JLJ get an extension?

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 03 May, 2017 6:06 pm

marzie wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 5:56 pm
We are paying Siro in 2018 cos he took up the 2018 option that was in his favour after he found out we were trying to move him on
Are you sure? I thought end 2017 was it.

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 03 May, 2017 6:16 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 5:55 pm
From Milky's Off Contract list I reckon MM would be the only one I'd be concerned about signing. Edwards seems to be in favour with Ivan and is fairly strong defensively but not really what we need as a backrower so unless he's cheap and a depth only option I'm not fussed. As for Tim Grant - sorry but as much as he seems like a great bloke, I don't think he's an option at all. I like Kev a lot too, but his game seems to have gone backwards. Idris has a long way to go for me and I can't see him getting there. As for the rest IMO they are all B grade NRL players who wouldn't get a run in a WT top 20 - so why keep them? Lets clean them out and use the money to buy some players we need and would get value from.
I thought Idris was coming good as a defence centre. He was very solid in his last game. I'd offer both Idris and Edwards minimal contracts. You need Experience and if they are playing fairly well I'd sign them. Our ISC is currently for of rookies. They would benefit from experienced players coming in and out.
I wouldn't sign Grant. Think he's getting a bit old.
MattMcK is a must have.

marzie

Unread post by marzie » Wed 03 May, 2017 6:22 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 6:06 pm
marzie wrote:
http://www.go1.weststigers.com.au/news/ ... commi.html

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 03 May, 2017 6:27 pm

marzie wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 6:22 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 03 May, 2017 6:06 pm
marzie wrote:
http://www.go1.weststigers.com.au/news/ ... commi.html
Dam. So Manly aren't paying anything for him?

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”