Page 1 of 15

WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:01 pm
by Milky
Here is an official list of contracted and off contract players, I'll update it as required.

Off Contract:

- Jeremy Marshall King
- Watson Heleta

Losses:

- Mitchell Moses (Eels)
- Aaron Woods (Bulldogs)
- Ava Seumanufagai (Sharks)
- James Tedesco (Roosters)
- Jordan Rankin (ESL)
- Matt Ballin (Retired)
- Bailey Sironen (TBA)
- Jack Littlejohn (TBA)
- Kyle Lovett (TBA)
- Jack Littlejohn (TBA)
- Jamal Idris (TBA)
- Joel Edwards (TBA)

Re-Signed:

- Michael Chee Kam (2019)
- Luke Brooks (2019)
- Josh Aloiai (2019)
- David Nofoaluma (2021)
- Moses Suli (2020)
- Jacob Liddle (2019)
- Matt Mcilwrick (2019)
- Tim Grant (2018)
- Kevin Naiqama (2018)
- Matt Eisenhuth (2019)

Signed:

- Chris McQueen (2020)
- Ben Matulino (2020)
- Josh Reynolds (2021)
- Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (2018)
- Tyson Gamble (2019)
- Alex Twal (2020)
- Russell Packer (2021)
- Tui Lolohea (2019)
- Corey Thompson (2019)
- Mahe Fonua (2019)
- Taane Milne (2019)
- Benji Marshall (2018)
- Robbie Rochow (2019)

Signed Beyond 2017:

- JJ Felise (2018)
- Chris Lawrence (2019)
- Esan Marsters (2018)
- Jesse Sue (2018)
- Elijah Taylor (2020)


Development:

- Heath Gibbs (2020)
- Sam Mcintyre (2020)

Top 30:

- Michael Chee Kam
- Luke Brooks
- Josh Aloiai
- David Nofoaluma
- Moses Suli
- Jacob Liddle
- Matt Mcilwrick
- Tim Grant
- Kevin Naiqama
- Matt Eisenhuth
- JJ Felise
- Chris Lawrence
- Esan Marsters
- Jesse Sue
- Elijah Taylor
- Chris McQueen
- Ben Matulino
- Josh Reynolds
- Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
- Tyson Gamble
- Alex Twal
- Russell Packer
- Tui Lolohea
- Corey Thompson
- Mahe Fonua
- Taane Milne
- Benji Marshall
- Robbie Rochow

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:13 pm
by Geo.
Missing some signed players beyond 2017 there Milko ... but good thread..

Keeps it neat...worthy of a sticky..

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm
by Tigerdave
Discounting Woods and Teddy, I hope we re-sign Jamal Idris, Jack Littlejohn (an ok backup), Matt McIlwrick and Ava Seumanufagai. If Frozone picks up his game out on the wing, him too

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:25 pm
by Milky
Geo. wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:13 pm
Missing some signed players beyond 2017 there Milko ... but good thread..

Keeps it neat...worthy of a sticky..
Cheers mate, been updated.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:55 pm
by MacDougall
- Joel Edwards
- Watson Heleta
- Jamal Idris
- Jack Littlejohn
- Matt McIlwrick

Joel Edwards isn't much chop but he is about the quality we want to be having as our fringiest fringe player. I woild give him another min contract. If someone else offers him two bob more though he can go. If he isn't getting offers keep him another year and see if he can put in a few more of his Dogs performance.

Heleta ... again we need depth and keeping some faces around ain't a bad thing. If he feels like he has a better path to first grade elsewhere he can go too.

Idris ... has shown promise. I would extend him now while he isn't being courted by other clubs.

Littlejohn is fine halves depth.

McIlwrick needs no explanation.

The rest can go. I am a big Ava fan but he is a Moses guy and apparently is leaving and tbh I think we need him to go anyway.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:25 am
by southerntiger
On Ava, why do we need him to go?

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:49 am
by supercoach
southerntiger wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:25 am
On Ava, why do we need him to go?
I think he was referring to his manager Moses. Meaning if Ava goes we rid our selves of Moses. Personally I would keep Ava and put up with Moses, but we may have no choice in the call

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:53 am
by bonstonker
with almost half a squad signed,would love to know how much salary cap has been used.

would also love to see the dogs,roosters,broncos and so on.

need all clubs on a ticker :lol:

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:55 am
by Tiger Come Lately
supercoach wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:49 am
southerntiger wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:25 am
On Ava, why do we need him to go?
I think he was referring to his manager Moses. Meaning if Ava goes we rid our selves of Moses. Personally I would keep Ava and put up with Moses, but we may have no choice in the call
Brooks, managed by Moses

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:57 am
by GNR4LIFE
Atm, Moses is as official as Woods and Tedesco as it hasn't been officially announced. Not sure what the hold up is, but who cares, not our problem. We got ourselves a grub.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:59 am
by GNR4LIFE
supercoach wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:49 am
southerntiger wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:25 am
On Ava, why do we need him to go?
I think he was referring to his manager Moses. Meaning if Ava goes we rid our selves of Moses. Personally I would keep Ava and put up with Moses, but we may have no choice in the call
Haven't we already gone done that road with Ayoub? Keep blacklisting player agents and the pool of players that we can sign becomes pretty shallow.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:08 am
by smoking gun
bonstonker wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 7:53 am
with almost half a squad signed,would love to know how much salary cap has been used.

would also love to see the dogs,roosters,broncos and so on.

need all clubs on a ticker :lol:
Tigers still have about 5 million to spend if the cap is 9.2 million for 2018. So have about a $315k average salary to spend on the rest of the 16 players needed. Can build a fairly strong team with that. Should be able to get another 3/4 top line players and sign a few mid and min contracts to fill the gaps for depth. Great spot to be in.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:11 am
by voice of reason
From the off-contract list I'd want Idris, Ava and McIlwrick. I'd prefer TMM to Littlejohn and imagine the money wouldn't be too different. I'd consider Grant for a year if Woods goes and we don't get Ava.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
by smoking gun
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:23 am
by GNR4LIFE
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
Hoppa's been average at best since he returned from his two years of door knocking.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:35 am
by smoking gun
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:23 am
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
Hoppa's been average at best since he returned from his two years of door knocking.
We will disagree here. Dogs attack is fairly average. That's more to do with coaching then the players. Also hoppa isn't a fullback. Played all his best footy at centre/wing.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:40 am
by GNR4LIFE
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:35 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:23 am
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
Hoppa's been average at best since he returned from his two years of door knocking.
We will disagree here. Dogs attack is fairly average. That's more to do with coaching then the players. Also hoppa isn't a fullback. Played all his best footy at centre/wing.
He was average at Parra as well.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:41 am
by tigerap
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:35 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:23 am
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
Hoppa's been average at best since he returned from his two years of door knocking.
We will disagree here. Dogs attack is fairly average. That's more to do with coaching then the players. Also hoppa isn't a fullback. Played all his best footy at centre/wing.
If we can get Hoppa for under $250k i'd take him and stick him in the centres...with our halves he'd get good ball..