Page 2 of 15

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:43 am
by tigerap
Milky wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:01 pm
Here is an official list of contracted and off contract players, I'll update it as required.

Off Contract:

- Matt Ballin
- Joel Edwards
- Tim Grant
- Watson Heleta
- Justin Hunt
- Jamal Idris
- Jack Littlejohn
- Kyle Lovett
- Matt McIlwrick
- Kevin Naiqama
- Jordan Rankin
- Ava Seumanufagai
- James Tedesco
- Aaron Woods

Losses:

- Mitchell Moses (EELS)

Re-Signed:

- Michael Chee Kam (2019)
- Luke Brooks (2019)
- Josh Aloiai (2019)
- David Nofoaluma (2021)
- Moses Suli (2020)

Signed:

- Chris McQueen (2020)
- Ben Matulino (2020)
- Josh Reynolds (2021)

Signed Beyond 2017:

- JJ Felise (2018)
- Chris Lawrence (2019)
- Esan Marsters (2018)
- Jacob Liddle (2018)
- Jesse Sue (2018)
- Elijah Taylor (2018, player option)
From the off contract list I'd sign:
Matt McIlwrick
Ava
Grant ( <$200k cheap)
Idris ($<200k cheap)

The rest, Inc Woods and Teddy can go.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 9:29 am
by formerguest
MacDougall wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:55 pm
- Joel Edwards
- Watson Heleta
- Jamal Idris
- Jack Littlejohn
- Matt McIlwrick

Joel Edwards isn't much chop but he is about the quality we want to be having as our fringiest fringe player. I woild give him another min contract. If someone else offers him two bob more though he can go. If he isn't getting offers keep him another year and see if he can put in a few more of his Dogs performance.

Heleta ... again we need depth and keeping some faces around ain't a bad thing. If he feels like he has a better path to first grade elsewhere he can go too.

Idris ... has shown promise. I would extend him now while he isn't being courted by other clubs.

Littlejohn is fine halves depth.

McIlwrick needs no explanation.

The rest can go. I am a big Ava fan but he is a Moses guy and apparently is leaving and tbh I think we need him to go anyway.

But Idris is also part of the Moses stable.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:12 am
by cqtiger
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
I'd take Hopoate in a heartbeat for under $400K - recent SOO player.
Anyone complaining about "average" players after the last 10 years on here has a low bar rating

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:14 am
by kh_canada
Am I the only one who wouldn't sign Grant if he was free? The second he gets on the field our go-forward comes to a rushing halt.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:18 am
by Nelson
kh_canada wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:14 am
Am I the only one who wouldn't sign Grant if he was free? The second he gets on the field our go-forward comes to a rushing halt.
We do need some new blood in our pack & I think he's the man to make way.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:38 am
by 05TIGZ
Nelson wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:18 am
kh_canada wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:14 am
Am I the only one who wouldn't sign Grant if he was free? The second he gets on the field our go-forward comes to a rushing halt.
We do need some new blood in our pack & I think he's the man to make way.
Ive never rated him. Slow and goes backwards and goes missing in defence. I wish we didnt see him and joel edwards in first grade. Time to give jordan grant, jj and tatola a run.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:43 am
by gatorman
Idris to me is the missing part.

His last game was his best, great in defence, attack still to come.

He was hoping to play himself into a big contract for next year, hasn't done that yet but he is not going to have many option by the time he does.

Hopefully we can keep him on a reasonable contract, maybe even short term and see what happens.

He certainly adds some starch to our defence and if he can get his legs under him he would bruise a few on the way to the line.a

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:48 am
by marzie
gatorman wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:43 am
Idris to me is the missing part.

His last game was his best, great in defence, attack still to come.

He was hoping to play himself into a big contract for next year, hasn't done that yet but he is not going to have many option by the time he does.

Hopefully we can keep him on a reasonable contract, maybe even short term and see what happens.

He certainly adds some starch to our defence and if he can get his legs under him he would bruise a few on the way to the line.a
I agree. At the moment he's too heavy which is affecting his mobility and fitness. I reckon if we keep him in first grade on the field as much as possible this year will get him match fitness and then focus on getting him leaned down for next season he could be back to his best, if not better than ever

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 11:27 am
by Fade To Black
cqtiger wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:12 am
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
I'd take Hopoate in a heartbeat for under $400K - recent SOO player.
Anyone complaining about "average" players after the last 10 years on here has a low bar rating
A big no thanks to Hop jnr. TBH he probably got his Origin gig as being part of a dominant Manly team of the time, plus NSW were pretty thin on the ground for outside backs. He doesn't play Sunday's and hasn't played a great game in years. Wouldn't want him for $100k let alone 400. Seems like a good guy but still, no thanks.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 11:48 am
by cqtiger
Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 11:27 am
cqtiger wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 10:12 am
smoking gun wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 8:19 am
Tigers still need to fill FB/centre personally I'd go and get lolohea and Hopoate you will easily get both them for under 800k combined. And both are quality players. Tigers are trying to get lolohea for 2018. His contract is cheap to take off the hands of the warriors. Around 250k I believe so it's a cheap quality pick up and then you can negotiate a further 2 years later on. And hoppa you could get for around 400k. People don't rate him, but at centre he is top class. Just being wasted at fullback.
I'd take Hopoate in a heartbeat for under $400K - recent SOO player.
Anyone complaining about "average" players after the last 10 years on here has a low bar rating
A big no thanks to Hop jnr. TBH he probably got his Origin gig as being part of a dominant Manly team of the time, plus NSW were pretty thin on the ground for outside backs. He doesn't play Sunday's and hasn't played a great game in years. Wouldn't want him for $100k let alone 400. Seems like a good guy but still, no thanks.
There won't be a "no play on Sunday" clause in his next contract, that's already been discussed.

Hmmm Hopoate, Idris, Naquaima - eni meni mini?

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 12:51 pm
by Russell
Hoppa - NO from me - not even for an old bent two up coin.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 2:14 pm
by weststigerman
Hopoate stats last year:

3 line breaks in 21 games.

I haven't watched him much, but that stat alone means I would pass.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 2:19 pm
by kh_canada
weststigerman wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 2:14 pm
Hopoate stats last year:

3 line breaks in 21 games.

I haven't watched him much, but that stat alone means I would pass.
That's a scary stat for an outside back.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 3:19 pm
by Seantice
isnt it bloody annoying thar we need a front rower and fullback and there are none on the market?

Wish woods and teddy stay. wed have a team that would challenge for the top 4..

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 3:30 pm
by Boonboon2
weststigerman wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 2:14 pm
Hopoate stats last year:

3 line breaks in 21 games.

I haven't watched him much, but that stat alone means I would pass.
Not sure where you got that from but Fox Sports has

21 games
7 line breaks
also has
8 tries
130m per game
8 try assists and 9 line break assists plus 53 tackle breaks and 18 offloads

Is he as good as Tedesco nope but he is still a quality player and good across multiple positions

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 3:34 pm
by smoking gun
Seantice wrote:
Thu 27 Apr, 2017 3:19 pm
isnt it bloody annoying thar we need a front rower and fullback and there are none on the market?

Wish woods and teddy stay. wed have a team that would challenge for the top 4..
There's plenty

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 4:18 pm
by Born tiger
Idris is on 200k plus he earns 5k per first grade game he plays.

Would definately re-sign him.

We are so light on outside backs, we need him fit.

Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Posted: Thu 27 Apr, 2017 4:25 pm
by Tigerdon
But Idris is also part of the Moses stable.
[/quote]


I thought Idris was from the Sam Stable.