Re: Tyson Gamble

Unread post by magpiecol » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 3:17 pm

TIGER wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 2:06 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 5:06 pm
TIGER wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:30 pm
Let's face it, he's a long way off NRL, why bother even talking about him. He looks average at best.

Benji 7
Reynolds 6
Next year

And that's coming from the biggest Benji basher ever, that's how bad I think Brooks is going.
You admit to being the biggest basher of the best player that WT's have ever had. Wow.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes I do and did so pretty loudly for the last 4 seasons Benji was with us to everyone that would listen, eventually everybody started seeing it and agreed that Benji was awful and he had to go.

As far as the "best" player we've ever had I wouldn't go that far. Maybe the most talented, skillful or brilliant certainly not the best.
Definitely the best "touch" player we've ever had, pitty rugby league isn't all about no look passes and side stepping ability.
You are entitled to your opinion. But name a better player than Benji.

I think players like Prince, Hodgson, in fact all of the players who played in 05 were great. But for sheer brilliance, influence on the general public and other teams and players, Benji had no peer.

PS. Even the ref's liked to watch him play.

Blackpearl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Blackpearl » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 3:24 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 3:17 pm
TIGER wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Let's face it, he's a long way off NRL, why bother even talking about him. He looks average at best.

Benji 7
Reynolds 6
Next year

And that's coming from the biggest Benji basher ever, that's how bad I think Brooks is going.
You admit to being the biggest basher of the best player that WT's have ever had. Wow.

Yes I do and did so pretty loudly for the last 4 seasons Benji was with us to everyone that would listen, eventually everybody started seeing it and agreed that Benji was awful and he had to go.

As far as the "best" player we've ever had I wouldn't go that far. Maybe the most talented, skillful or brilliant certainly not the best.
Definitely the best "touch" player we've ever had, pitty rugby league isn't all about no look passes and side stepping ability.

I think players like Prince, Hodgson, in fact all of the players who played in 05 were great. But for sheer brilliance, influence on the general public and other teams and players, Benji had no peer.

X 2 col
Benji at his best was a once in a generation player
I for one am glad he is coming home for his final season
He will have plenty to offer on and off the field for the tigers
I dislike sowfs immensely

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 3:46 pm

TIGER wrote:

Benji 7
Reynolds 6
Next year

Not a chance. Ivan rates Brooks. He will start the season as our 7 and unless injured will be there all year. I do think he will be worked pretty hard through preseason.

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tbone » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 8:22 pm

When Brooks came to grade his short kicking game was pretty good. Under Potter, he was building a lethal combo with Tedesco with his short kicking game. It's strange it just deserted him so badly.

I maintain it's a technical issue where he gets into a bad position where he's too square in relation to the defensive line. Hope he can work on it in the off season and improve.

Although it might be hard to find time this offseason. I hear it's going to be the most grueling one yet.

TIGER
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 2:48 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 3:24 pm
magpiecol wrote:
TIGER wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

X 2 col
I agree, but the key words here are "at his best" which was about 10% of the time he played. And i'll add "in attack" onto that which is only 50% of the game, so he was at his best for 10% of the time for only 50% of the game and you think he's our best ever player.
I'd hate to see our worst then.

Some people only judge a footballer on how they attack.

Hodgo was/is the best Weststigers player to pull one on.

Boonboon2
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 3:24 pm

TIGER TIGER TIGER sometimes people say stupid things and you have

I suppose you think Thurston is crap too for the same reason well I compared Benji at the Tigers to Thurston at the Cowboys and guess what Thurston misses more tackles per game, makes more errors and gives away more then twice as many penalties per game then Benji did in his games with the Tigers.

So I guess you are right Benji and Thurston are both crap. Benji also scored more tries per game, made more meters, busted more tackles and made more offloads then Thurston.

Thurston was a tiny bit ahead in Line Break Assists and Line Breaks and and has a 0.24 try assists a game more then Benji at the Tigers.

Yep both fairly crap i suppose

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 4:30 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 3:24 pm

I suppose you think Thurston is crap too for the same reason well I compared Benji at the Tigers to Thurston at the Cowboys and guess what Thurston misses more tackles per game, makes more errors and gives away more then twice as many penalties per game then Benji did in his games with the Tigers.

So I guess you are right Benji and Thurston are both crap. Benji also scored more tries per game, made more meters, busted more tackles and made more offloads then Thurston.

Thurston was a tiny bit ahead in Line Break Assists and Line Breaks and and has a 0.24 try assists a game more then Benji at the Tigers.

Well said boonboon.

Some people never let the facts interfere with their bias.

05TIGZ
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 4:43 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:

Your not comparing benji to Thurston are you. :o

05TIGZ
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 4:46 pm

TIGER wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 2:48 pm
Blackpearl wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 3:24 pm
magpiecol wrote:
TIGER wrote:

X 2 col
I agree, but the key words here are "at his best" which was about 10% of the time he played. And i'll add "in attack" onto that which is only 50% of the game, so he was at his best for 10% of the time for only 50% of the game and you think he's our best ever player.
I'd hate to see our worst then.

Some people only judge a footballer on how they attack.

Hodgo was/is the best Weststigers player to pull one on.
Most dynamic = benji
Best player= Hodgson without a doubt. You watch highlights of the year we won it and he was in everything.

Russell
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:13 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:

Obviously different views.

Stats are a good guide, but....

You can double Benji's stats if you like but you will never convince me that Benji was/is a better player than Thurston.

Don't get me wrong have thought Benji was really good but... Benji's claim to fame was that flick pass in the 2005 grand final.

Thurston does stuff like that every second week.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:02 pm

Maybe TYSON GAMBLE can turn out to be some sort of Thurston/Marshall hybrid...or maybe not..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Boonboon2
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 6:23 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:13 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:

Obviously different views.

Stats are a good guide, but....

You can double Benji's stats if you like but you will never convince me that Benji was/is a better player than Thurston.

Don't get me wrong have thought Benji was really good but... Benji's claim to fame was that flick pass in the 2005 grand final.

Thurston does stuff like that every second week.
I wasnt trying to say Benji was better then Thurston just thay he was our greateat player and to be honest i was very surprised at how close they compare stats wise.

I think Thurston the better player but its a lot closer then people think but prob becauae the last yr or 2 JT has been sp supperior and because he plays origin which this doesent include

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Balmainbred » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 6:48 pm

Living in bris I’ve seen gamble play in quite a few ISC TV games all ways thought this kid is a fullback with Hodgo on board could possibly happen not a bad mentor

tigerbenji
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 6:53 pm

Watched some highlights of Gamble & i agree, H could make a good Fullback.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”