Tyson Gamble

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Tyson Gamble

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:31 pm

Ivan picked up Tyson from under Bennett's nose. Let's not forget that Redcliffe is a Bronco feeder club so I can tell you that they were monitoring him. Tyson only played about two/three games in the Queensland Cup before Ivan picked him up. Bennett won't pick a player after three games so Ivan took a risk and he must have had a good source - I suspect it was Benji.

Patriot, here are some quality halves coming out of Queensland .... there are others. Brodie Croft was playing for Easts against Tyson only last year. I guess the Storm have a different and inferior system

Johnathon Thurston
Michael Morgan
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Munster
Luke Keary
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Moses Mybe
Ashley Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:34 pm

Id be very surprised if he had an issue playing State cup for half a season.

He knows he has guys like Benji Marshall in front of him, its not like he is stuck behind Jordan Rankin.

Its a process and one he happily signed up for.

Cleary will make the call when its right, be that round 1 or round 16.
Its an opinion!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:35 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:31 pm
Ivan picked up Tyson from under Bennett's nose. Let's not forget that Redcliffe is a Bronco feeder club so I can tell you that they were monitoring him. Tyson only played about two/three games in the Queensland Cup before Ivan picked him up. Bennett won't pick a player after three games so Ivan took a risk and he must have had a good source - I suspect it was Benji.

Patriot, here are some quality halves coming out of Queensland .... there are others. Brodie Croft was playing for Easts against Tyson only last year. I guess the Storm have a different and inferior system

Johnathon Thurston
Michael Morgan
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Munster
Luke Keary
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Moses Mybe
Ashley Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Keary is from NSW

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:42 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:35 pm
FreddyK wrote:

Johnathon Thurston
Michael Morgan
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Munster
Luke Keary
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Moses Mybe
Ashley Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Keary is from NSW
Sorry ... Luke Keary was born in Queensland but his first club was in NSW. It always confuses me ... Inglis was born in Glenn Innes and his first club was in Queensland

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm

FreddyK wrote:

Johnathon Thurston
Michael Morgan
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Munster
Luke Keary
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Moses Mybe
Ashley Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Its an impressive list :D

Ive been a fan of the QLD Cup/BRL for more most of my life. Played under 10,s for Easts. Lived around the corner from Langlands Park when the Easts forward pack consisted of Martin Bella, Gavin Jones, Cavill Heugh, Brett Leman, and Trevor Patterson..

Ive seen it all and when a kid comes out of there and he has the class they dont need "time" in the NSW Cup to adjust.
Its an opinion!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:08 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
FreddyK wrote:

Johnathon Thurston
Michael Morgan
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Munster
Luke Keary
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Moses Mybe
Ashley Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt

Ive been a fan of the QLD Cup/BRL for more most of my life. Played under 10,s for Easts. Lived around the corner from Langlands Park when the Easts forward pack consisted of Martin Bella, Gavin Jones, Cavill Heugh, Brett Leman, and Trevor Patterson..

Ive seen it all and when a kid comes out of there and he has the class they dont need "time" in the NSW Cup to adjust.
Those boys had nothing on Shane McNally the toe-poking goal kicking Prop!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:15 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:08 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
FreddyK wrote:

Johnathon Thurston
Michael Morgan
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Munster
Luke Keary
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Moses Mybe
Ashley Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt

Those boys had nothing on Shane McNally the toe-poking goal kicking Prop!
Legend!

Biggest thighs in the history of sport
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:16 pm

OMG..there is another one...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:35 pm

I just see on a QRL profile of Gamble, that his goal conversion rate was 82.8%, sounds pretty good to me

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:41 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:25 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:17 pm
The kid was outstanding. He’s bigger than I thought. Could even play lock. Backs himself. Takes the line on. I’d have him over Brooks
In a heartbeat...
Plus he goal kicks at 82%
I already refer to him as “the 8th” (immortal)
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Post by 851 » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:53 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:27 am
I'd like to see him play 40 min at halfback against Cronulla this saturday
So would I, I don't think Brooks is that far ahead of him, if at all, plus he kicks goals.
Go hard or go home

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:42 pm

Sorry ... Luke Keary was born in Queensland but his first club was in NSW. It always confuses me ... Inglis was born in Glenn Innes and his first club was in Queensland
I thought he was born in Kempsey? The point stands though.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:50 pm

This is an example of Tyson's vision from the trial match

Here is the link to the trial match
http://www.cowboysstampede.com.au/index ... 71/page-13

If you scroll down the page and go to the start of the second half. At the 5.02 minute mark you will see Tyson trying to get the attention of Brookes and it is clear that he has identified a weakness in the Cowboy's defence - he is pointing to the right corner. Once he gets Brookes' attention Luke organises the attack and Josh moves the ball to the right and the forwards also shift the drive to the right. We score a little later at the 5:35 mark.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:17 pm

king sirro wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm
Some of the old links dont work so ill put this one up.

I think it shows a few things.

* Big body, always on the front foot and plays whats in front of him. Similar to Fitler minus the big booming step.
* Nice soft hands.
* Picks the right pass at the right time( very rare )
* Just makes plays. Ball always bounces for him, not a fluke.
* The confidence of good player but plays very direct and doesnt try to be too fancy. Similar to a Munster
Looks to have a touch of class with defenders all around him, thats impressive. I think he plays very similar to Matt Moylan.
I hope he doesn't like surfing.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:19 pm

What I like about Gamble from the highlights reel is his ability to back up in open play....it is a trait that very few players have or can be coached especially ball players as they want to be involved in the next play after the break not wasting energy backing up a play that may break down.
I think it is a great trait to have in a players skill set. He will be a project player but his performances in reserve grade may be too much to hold him back.....He will play 1st grade this year at some point.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:21 pm

Got talked up on the footy show. Our old mate Joel Caine said he was in the Scott Hill mould and would "definitely" get a run in firsts this year.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm
FreddyK wrote:

Inglis is a Bowraville, NSW product. There is a photograph of him in the Hunter Sports High School rugby league team which caused so much embarrassment to QLD.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:45 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm
FreddyK wrote:

Inglis is a Bowraville, NSW product. There is a photograph of him in the Hunter Sports High School rugby league team which caused so much embarrassment to QLD.
Yep - he's a traitor!