Tyson Gamble

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm

Re: Tyson Gamble

Post by FreddyK » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:18 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:45 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:42 pm


Sorry ... Luke Keary was born in Queensland but his first club was in NSW. It always confuses me ... Inglis was born in Glenn Innes and his first club was in Queensland
I thought he was born in Kempsey? The point stands though.
Inglis is a Bowraville, NSW product. There is a photograph of him in the Hunter Sports High School rugby league team which caused so much embarrassment to QLD.
Yep - he's a traitor!
I live in Queensland and all my family and friends support the Maroons. I raised the issue and ways nearly deported from the state - they are rather sensitive about GI up here. Don't raise it on the border otherwise they stop you from entering. GI is a god up here.


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:49 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:42 pm


Sorry ... Luke Keary was born in Queensland but his first club was in NSW. It always confuses me ... Inglis was born in Glenn Innes and his first club was in Queensland
I thought he was born in Kempsey? The point stands though.
Inglis is a Bowraville, NSW product. There is a photograph of him in the Hunter Sports High School rugby league team which caused so much embarrassment to QLD.
Right but I looked it up, he was born in Kempsey. Played footy for Bowraville.

Doubt QLDers are embarrassed, they knew where he grew up before his was shipped to Wavell High and covered it up to get him into Origin.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:19 pm

Think Joel Caine was right when he said gamble reminds him of Scott Hill
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:24 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:19 pm
Think Joel Caine was right when he said gamble reminds him of Scott Hill
Joel was actually quoting Hodgo.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:27 pm

Fibros wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:24 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:19 pm
Think Joel Caine was right when he said gamble reminds him of Scott Hill
Joel was actually quoting Hodgo.
Must've missed that, cheers
No more plodders!
:sign:


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:41 am

Good comparison Scott Hill. Hadn't picked that but it fits.
Its an opinion!

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:58 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:49 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:42 pm


Sorry ... Luke Keary was born in Queensland but his first club was in NSW. It always confuses me ... Inglis was born in Glenn Innes and his first club was in Queensland
I thought he was born in Kempsey? The point stands though.
Inglis is a Bowraville, NSW product. There is a photograph of him in the Hunter Sports High School rugby league team which caused so much embarrassment to QLD.
Right but I looked it up, he was born in Kempsey. Played footy for Bowraville.

Doubt QLDers are embarrassed, they knew where he grew up before his was shipped to Wavell High and covered it up to get him into Origin.
There was an attempt to spin it that he played his first game of football at 16 with Wavell High in Brisbane.

Queensland were embarrassed to have this matter settled by Inglis' coach at Hunter Sports High who said he played in Newcastle for Hunter at the age of 16. As confirmed, there is footage of him playing for Hunter Sports High at 16.

Here is a Courier Mail article on the matter,

couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/why-greg-inglis-is-a-maroon/news-story/b073f7ff7ac46d112991d6cd6b6d7057

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:36 am

While on the topic don't forget Israel Folau.

Meh, if Tyson goes Maroon. I can forgive him if he puts a GI like performance for us.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2915
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:58 am

Watching highlights from round 2 ISP Tyson had a few jersey grabs in defence.
Needs to improve in that area if he wants to play NRL.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 11:04 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:58 am
Watching highlights from round 2 ISP Tyson had a few jersey grabs in defence.
Needs to improve in that area if he wants to play NRL.

I don't think you can say that m8...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
Tiger_Pete
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu 21 Jul, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Tiger_Pete » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:10 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:02 pm
18th man.

Getting closer

Must have been rewarded for all those defensive issues lmfao.
I understand that you and freddyk are obviously his mates but I think you are doing him a disservice by constantly trying to big him up on here. He is a good player who will make his own success. Doesn't need you guys gilding the lily.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:16 pm

Ummm the thread name is Tyson Gamble

What else would you have us talk about in this thread.
Its an opinion!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:19 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:16 pm
Ummm the thread name is Tyson Gamble

What else would you have us talk about in this thread.
You could talk about his defensive issues Lol. :)

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by FreddyK » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:19 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:16 pm
Ummm the thread name is Tyson Gamble

What else would you have us talk about in this thread.
X2

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22831
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm

Tiger_Pete wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:10 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:02 pm
18th man.

Getting closer

Must have been rewarded for all those defensive issues lmfao.
I understand that you and freddyk are obviously his mates but I think you are doing him a disservice by constantly trying to big him up on here. He is a good player who will make his own success. Doesn't need you guys gilding the lily.
Talking him up is fine. Taking it personally and accusing people of wanting him to fail when someone critiques him is not.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm

I would like to se Tyson given a chance
From the little I've seen in him I think the number 17 on his back is warranted
The problem is though who's spot does he take at this point
I think the only option is if we want a genuine utility that can play in a number of positions
Could be a very handy player if we make the finals but needs an opportunity to prove himself first

User avatar
Tiger_Pete
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu 21 Jul, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Tiger_Pete » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:19 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:16 pm
Ummm the thread name is Tyson Gamble

What else would you have us talk about in this thread.
X2
You guys definitely didn't prove my point :shock:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41475
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:39 am
I reckon Gamble is close to Origin selection...we'll miss him..
He still could play in ISP State Game Geo

Post Reply