Been liked: 48 times

Re: Tyson Gamble

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:40 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:49 pm
TIGER wrote:
Thu 03 Aug, 2017 8:25 am
Gee we get excited easy around here.
And go off the deep end just as easily. One big bipolar disorder.
Why wouldn't we be excited about a promising young half that is joining us next year? Mustn't have much of a life if that upsets you?

At least we aren't like some on here who obsess over past players, take a fancy to a certain past coach and follow woods around like a bad smell lol lol

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:13 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:40 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:49 pm
TIGER wrote:
Thu 03 Aug, 2017 8:25 am
Gee we get excited easy around here.
And go off the deep end just as easily. One big bipolar disorder.
Why wouldn't we be excited about a promising young half that is joining us next year? Mustn't have much of a life if that upsets you?

At least we aren't like some on here who obsess over past players, take a fancy to a certain past coach and follow woods around like a bad smell lol lol
I really don't want to be put into a position where it looks like i'm rooting for this kid to fail, but the fact is he will be very lucky to get a game in '18 with Marshall here. Sorry, i don't lose it over players who are development signings. Good luck to him though.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:19 am

Does anybody actually think Brooks is the long term 1/2 ..his signing IMO was a stop gap ,his injurys and lack lustre performances this season reflect this.I know nothing and have never seen Gamble but by all reports seems a very strong contender for the 1/2 position during next season with Brooks dodgy hammys sooner than later I suspect.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:29 am

I feel Redcliffe will win the Q Cup Grand Final this year, so we should get to see this kid play in the National Championship game on NRL GF day.

Halves playing in the 2nd tier competitions are the hardest to judge. There is so much that happens around them that reflect on how they play. He looks to have the speed & agility for NRL, but is still lacking composure. Will be interesting to see if he gets a run through injury in 2018 now Marshall is in our squad?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:29 am

Hi defence looked a bit ordinary for one of those Pride tries.

Geez Matt Lodge is looking a big unit at the moment!

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:58 am

QLD cup to the NRL is a massive jump, okay not as big as jump as reserve grade, but still a big jump. I doubt barring injuries we will see him in the top grade for a while. Although I do agree he looks like a kid who could make the grade

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:01 am

Brooks and Moses both had killer short and long kicking games in lower grades too, but come to NRL they've struggled. That being said, the more youngsters we can try and nurture along hopefully they can kick on under Ivan's influence.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:18 am

barra wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:29 am

Matt won Prop of the Year last night at the Q Cup Team of the Year.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 11:31 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:18 am
barra wrote:

Yeah heard something about it earlier in the week, and likely the NRL will allow him to return next season...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 396 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 1:37 pm

Who won 5/8th of the Year...Gamble...?

Brendan Waters won Sydney Shield Halfback of the Year
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 2:13 pm

barra wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 11:31 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:18 am
barra wrote:

Yeah heard something about it earlier in the week, and likely the NRL will allow him to return next season...
*sigh* the guy (Matt Lodge) has redefined "bad behaviour" for the NRL. I mean were talking Ivan Milat bad behaviour! Wayne Bennett or anyone shouldn't be getting a lift home with this guy less they end up in a shallow grave. He makes Todd Carney look piss weak!

Brisbane is probably the best team to build him back up and I don't think he should be thrown in jail forever. But he seriously should be banned from our game. Yes I don't care, throw him to Union or AFL or whatever, he is scary grub.

Just realised the pun.

junior05
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by junior05 » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 2:59 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 1:37 pm
Who won 5/8th of the Year...Gamble...?

Brendan Waters won Sydney Shield Halfback of the Year
Billy Walters

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by FreddyK » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 3:08 pm

I have seen Gamble play a number of times and I can say that he is an exceptional talent and has everything one would expect of top class player. People keep rubbishing the ISC Cup but when you look at who's playing then you realise that there is something more than just hack players running around. Just think of Brodie Croft's recent star performance for the Storm, Cameron Munster came through the ISC Cup; Tom Opocic; and the list goes on.

One thing that I have noticed is that Queensland produces quality halves. Gamble is not the exception to the half back talent base coming out of Queensland. He has a good boot and he is very quick in assessing opposing defensive structures and I believe that at some stage next year he will be our five eighth with Reynolds at the number 9. The only reservation I have is that he has not experienced the quality defensive systems that are evident in the NRL, but give him a few games over the preseason and I believe he will sort them out.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 3:21 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 3:08 pm
I have seen Gamble play a number of times and I can say that he is an exceptional talent and has everything one would expect of top class player. People keep rubbishing the ISC Cup but when you look at who's playing then you realise that there is something more than just hack players running around. Just think of Brodie Croft's recent star performance for the Storm, Cameron Munster came through the ISC Cup; Tom Opocic; and the list goes on.

One thing that I have noticed is that Queensland produces quality halves. Gamble is not the exception to the half back talent base coming out of Queensland. He has a good boot and he is very quick in assessing opposing defensive structures and I believe that at some stage next year he will be our five eighth with Reynolds at the number 9. The only reservation I have is that he has not experienced the quality defensive systems that are evident in the NRL, but give him a few games over the preseason and I believe he will sort them out.
Oh! and what do we do with our future SOO hooker - play him in ISP and wait for him to be pinched?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 396 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 7:34 am

Tyson's gamble pays off

Tony Webeck (via QRL.com)

Fri 15th September, 07:00AM

With a name like Tyson Gamble, you'd expect he would go all in with a pair of kings – but holding out for a better hand will see the 21-year-old head to Sydney next season truly believing that he is ready to make it in the NRL.

After missing last week's 6-4 loss to the Hunters in Port Moresby due to suspension, Gamble returns at five-eighth for Redcliffe in Sunday’s preliminary final against the Sunshine Coast Falcons with the winner to progress to the Intrust Super Cup grand final next Sunday at Suncorp Stadium.

It will be the first Intrust Super Cup final for Gamble who will join the Wests Tigers in October on a two-year deal; three years after knocking back an offer to play Under 20s for Cronulla; hitting pause on a childhood dream he hoped he would one day again get to hit play on.

Speaking from inside a ceiling doing the type of work all third-year electrical apprentices are required to do, Gamble admitted his first instinct was to accept the invitation to join the Sharks – but now realises how much better prepared he is to take the next step in his career after a full season in the top grade with Redcliffe.

“The move to Sydney was pretty daunting, moving away from my family so young; and in the end I'm glad I did make that decision, because it's all worked out really well for me,” Gamble said.

“It had a lot to do with work and starting my electrical apprenticeship, but I also thought the 20s comp probably wasn't as good as staying up here and trying to play Intrust Super Cup which I had a chance to do.

“My first instinct definitely was to accept it and go to Sydney, but I spoke with my parents and ‘Crush’ [Redcliffe football operations manager Grant Cleal] and ‘Moggy’ [Redcliffe coach Adam Mogg] and made me realise that I was probably better off staying.

“I had a lot of mates that were playing 20s at the time, so I just thought it was better for me personally to stay at Redcliffe.

“I was 18 when they first asked me to move down and I’m 21 now. I’m a third-year apprentice, so I’ve lived my life a little bit and (I am) ready for the next step in my footy career.

"I'm really looking forward to it. I'm just going to take the opportunity with two hands and just run with it..." — Tyson Gamble

Praising the work ethic Gamble has displayed throughout his time at the club to get him into this position, Cleal said he was delighted he could make the full progression through the Dolphins grades before moving to Sydney.

“The NYC contract from Cronulla was a bit of a stumbling block for us because we could see the kid was going to be a handy Intrust Super Cup player and we explained the plan for him and the benefits of our competition over what was going with the NYC,” Cleal said.

“When that came along, his mum and dad were excited and so was Tyson, but we had a plan for him that we probably hadn't communicated to him.

“We had been fast-tracking him through the junior rep teams and as an 18-year-old, he was playing Under 20s for us and the following year he moved into the BRL.

“He handled each step along the way and that was what we'd hoped with our plan for him.

“If you could draw a diagram of Tyson's transition from junior player into an NRL-contracted player, that would be the test pattern for clubs and their development.

“And I know he'll handle the jump because all the years he played up a grade coming through he always handled the jumps well and made it look easy.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... pays_.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 8:03 am

Sounds promising, good luck to him! Hope they make the GF as I haven't had the chance to watch him play yet.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:13 am

Has his head screwed on by the sounds of it.

Good work Tyson, all the best for the remaining games and look forward to seeing you in the Tigers Jersey next year.

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:21 am

With Reynolds,Brooks and Benji in front of him he will get game time in the NRL come 2018. Reynolds and Benji both getting on so injuries are always a problem and Brooks with his Hamstrings are always a ongoing concern. He just has to be patient

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”