Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Tyson Gamble

Post by formerguest » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 9:57 am

FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:09 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:39 am
I reckon Gamble is close to Origin selection...we'll miss him..
Come-on Geo I did not say that he is ready to play State of Origin. Tyson is a goal setter and has always done so in his development and more importantly he has always reached them - that is an important skill. Most of us set goals and they drop off our radar very quickly or we do not know how to achieve them. Tyson does.

In psychological terms the goal setting /achieving skill is one element that defines high achievers - create a list goals, how to achieve them, implement them and when you achieve them tick them off one by one. Tyson is a goal setter and he implements them by listening to more experienced people.

What I am saying is this - Tyson is already setting his new goal - listen to his interview when he talks about seeking advice. Given his love of the game, his drive and his hunger for success the next goal that I can see him setting is playing for our firsts team en-route to playing for Queensland. He will listen and seek advice from senior players and coaching staff. Watching his development over the past two years I truly believe that will be his target. It won't be this year, nor the next but I can say he'll aim to get there.

This Freddy is a reasonable statement on Tyson and as you have been informing us on his ascension since around the time that we signed him, it holds decent weight, even allowing for bias. I also thought that he had a good debut the other night, writing so on here and think that he will kick on, but in no way did that performance justify the bandwagon jumping, on which I think that you will agree.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:14 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 9:23 am
Interesting reading by Fredd k obviously is connected in some way but interesting non the less .. how exciting to have some players we can now go and watch progress that have genuine talent and drive it has been a long time coming!

Nice post Snake.

After the last few years something to get excited about is a good thing.

Most of us are looking forward to the season, its a nice change.
Its an opinion!

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:17 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 9:23 am
Interesting reading by Fredd k obviously is connected in some way but interesting non the less .. how exciting to have some players we can now go and watch progress that have genuine talent and drive it has been a long time coming!
Hi Snake

No, I am not connected to Tyson. In fact I am a member of a rival club in Brisbane - Souths/Logan. The word about Tyson got around the grape vine a few years ago when Cronulla were interested. Like many up here I watched his progress. From my perspective, in a past career, I was involved in identifying high achievers through the education system. Believe me those high achievers are unique with a very particular set of tools by which they see the world. I noticed how he used those tools a couple of years ago and followed his progress since and, being a loyal West Tigers fan, I was pleased that Ivan picked him up last year. If you look back I was raving about him about him a year ago.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:27 am

I'd like to see him play 40 min at halfback against Cronulla this saturday

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:39 am

tigerap wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:27 am
I'd like to see him play 40 min at halfback against Cronulla this saturday
I wouldn't - Brooks needs an 80 minute stint with Reynolds in the halves are my thoughts.

Brooks also needs 80 minutes of trying to get repeat sets.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:40 am

Snake - the other player that interests me is Matthew Eisenhuth. Being in a local club in Brisbane the word always got around about talented players. And Tyson did not hesitate in talking so I got to learn about motivations etc. However, being miles away I don't know much about Matthew internal drives but overcoming the obstacle that he did would suggest that he also has some quite remarkable skills. I would suggest that he will be another on my radar.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 11:05 am

formerguest wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 9:57 am
FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:09 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:39 am
I reckon Gamble is close to Origin selection...we'll miss him..
Come-on Geo I did not say that he is ready to play State of Origin. Tyson is a goal setter and has always done so in his development and more importantly he has always reached them - that is an important skill. Most of us set goals and they drop off our radar very quickly or we do not know how to achieve them. Tyson does.

In psychological terms the goal setting /achieving skill is one element that defines high achievers - create a list goals, how to achieve them, implement them and when you achieve them tick them off one by one. Tyson is a goal setter and he implements them by listening to more experienced people.

What I am saying is this - Tyson is already setting his new goal - listen to his interview when he talks about seeking advice. Given his love of the game, his drive and his hunger for success the next goal that I can see him setting is playing for our firsts team en-route to playing for Queensland. He will listen and seek advice from senior players and coaching staff. Watching his development over the past two years I truly believe that will be his target. It won't be this year, nor the next but I can say he'll aim to get there.

This Freddy is a reasonable statement on Tyson and as you have been informing us on his ascension since around the time that we signed him, it holds decent weight, even allowing for bias. I also thought that he had a good debut the other night, writing so on here and think that he will kick on, but in no way did that performance justify the bandwagon jumping, on which I think that you will agree.
Hi F/G - No disagreement with what you are saying. I am making no judgement on his performance in the trial - he will have a lot to learn about the NRL. I am also sure that Tyson will be happy to do his time in the Cup. The point I am saying is that Tyson has a very unique combination of football skills, drive for success, motivation and more importantly unique set of mental skills. That combination is very rare and they usually occur in high achievers. Let's just sit back and enjoy his development.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 11:37 am

He will get the odd game in the top grade covering injuries, but the way I see it Benji will be the first called up to cover Brooks and Reynolds and Nagamia will cove Tui. So unless the wheels fall off big time, I cant see him getting to much NRL game time.

We have seen the damage done before by rushing a kid with potential and I would take last weeks trial game with a grain of salt. Anyway sounds like this kids got his head screwed on correctly and is willing to learn his trade in the lower grades and wait for his chance

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 12:24 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 11:37 am
He will get the odd game in the top grade covering injuries, but the way I see it Benji will be the first called up to cover Brooks and Reynolds and Nagamia will cove Tui. So unless the wheels fall off big time, I cant see him getting to much NRL game time.

We have seen the damage done before by rushing a kid with potential and I would take last weeks trial game with a grain of salt. Anyway sounds like this kids got his head screwed on correctly and is willing to learn his trade in the lower grades and wait for his chance
He’s 21 y.o!!!
Liddle,Marsters and Suli all played last season at the age of 20 and they’re better of for it.
Aloiai,Milne both have a few seasons under their belt they are 22 so I think he’s not to far off being an option most weekends if the argument is his age.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:11 pm

I could see Gamble having a Connor Watson 2017 role for us this year if he gets given the green light.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:52 pm

Lots of opinions on the kid, which is fair enough.
There were a few of us that saw something in him very early in the piece, and now so many more see it.
I'll tell you how I see him . . . . . I was lucky enough to be at Benji's debut vs Newcastle.
The buzz among the punters on the hill that day is very similar to the buzz that this kid created in his 20 minutes. Can't say anyone in between Benji and Tyson has created anywhere near that excitement for us.
3 year contract my arse. JAC had a contract too !
If we don't give this kid the time on the field that he deserves, we are just grooming him for Manly, Brisbane or Easts to make him homesick and wave bye bye to us.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:53 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:11 pm
I could see Gamble having a Connor Watson 2017 role for us this year if he gets given the green light.
With strong defence, good height, pace and a kicking game, he could play centre (or fullback). I'm sure Cleary has a plan for him to fit into the team when he is ready.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:55 pm

Watching him the other night he reminded me a lot of Tom Humble

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 2:11 pm

iofthetigers wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:55 pm
In name only? He must be 3 inches taller and 12 kg heavier than Tom Humble.

Also reminds me of Tyler Bramble and Taylor Mumbles.

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 2:36 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 2:11 pm
iofthetigers wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:55 pm
In name only? He must be 3 inches taller and 12 kg heavier than Tom Humble.

Also reminds me of Tyler Bramble and Taylor Mumbles.
And Bryant Gumble.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:32 pm

Love the Tom Humble comments.

Love the too young or inexperienced comments.

All in all just sounds like the same type of thinking every decent player coming out of the QLD cup is subjected to.

If he had made this type of progression through the NSW Cup system he'd be in all your fantasy teams lol
Its an opinion!

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:11 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:52 pm
Lots of opinions on the kid, which is fair enough.
There were a few of us that saw something in him very early in the piece, and now so many more see it.
I'll tell you how I see him . . . . . I was lucky enough to be at Benji's debut vs Newcastle.
The buzz among the punters on the hill that day is very similar to the buzz that this kid created in his 20 minutes. Can't say anyone in between Benji and Tyson has created anywhere near that excitement for us.
3 year contract my arse. JAC had a contract too !
If we don't give this kid the time on the field that he deserves, we are just grooming him for Manly, Brisbane or Easts to make him homesick and wave bye bye to us.
Agreed, I was young when Benji debuted but i remember my old man saying this kid will be one our best(he said that a lot but he was right this time).
The comment of keeping this kid in the ISP is a fair point and i see the benefits in some areas, But a player who wants to be in a first grade outfit and is held back in ISP as you said above may decide to look elsewhere for that opportunity, And that would be far worse outcome for us IMO.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:27 pm

Ok I saw a bit of him QLD cup and he went pretty good, but since last Saturday night I have posters say they remind him of a young Fittler, a young Lockyer and now Tom Humble. Another said they would not be surprised if he played SOO in a few years.

I love optimism, but its a massive step up from QLD cup to the NRL, granted QLD cup is a higher standard than reserve grade down here, but lets wait a couple of months before we start calling him a potential super star