Tyson Gamble

west#67
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun 25 Jun, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Tyson Gamble

Post by west#67 » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:14 pm

Is built to play lock or centre and should be given the chance.


User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:18 pm

I don’t rate him based on what I’ve seen but would love to see him (anyone really) do well. I actually like the centre or lock idea. Try it out in ISP and see how he goes.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:18 pm
I don’t rate him based on what I’ve seen but would love to see him (anyone really) do well. I actually like the centre or lock idea. Try it out in ISP and see how he goes.
I posted a video of his Q Cup highlights many pages back. Find that and have a look at all the big plays. Every single one of them on the left edge.

Something about it.

Time will tell.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:18 pm
I don’t rate him based on what I’ve seen but would love to see him (anyone really) do well. I actually like the centre or lock idea. Try it out in ISP and see how he goes.
I posted a video of his Q Cup highlights many pages back. Find that and have a look at all the big plays. Every single one of them on the left edge.

Something about it.

Time will tell.
You’ve followed him a fair bit - could he become an elusive centre or ball playing lock?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:44 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:18 pm
I don’t rate him based on what I’ve seen but would love to see him (anyone really) do well. I actually like the centre or lock idea. Try it out in ISP and see how he goes.
I posted a video of his Q Cup highlights many pages back. Find that and have a look at all the big plays. Every single one of them on the left edge.

Something about it.

Time will tell.
You’ve followed him a fair bit - could he become an elusive centre or ball playing lock?

I have my doubts on that to tell you the truth.

I think he is a straight up left edge 5/8 but he needs things in place as in an organising halfback and some forward momentum.

Different story if they send him away in the off season to put on 5 to 10kgs of muscle. Then he might be some chance of a transition.
Its an opinion!


User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:46 pm

For the people writing him off, he played 1 game at NRL level, and the whole team played really poor that day, so to write him off on the strength of that is a bit rich, when other players get years and in some cases a 100 games to come good.
Go hard or go home

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:08 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 8:46 pm
For the people writing him off, he played 1 game at NRL level, and the whole team played really poor that day, so to write him off on the strength of that is a bit rich, when other players get years and in some cases a 100 games to come good.
That's not why people are on his case. I've watched him quite a bit in ISP and he doesn't shine at that level so how is he going to step up to the NRL. He played OK when Drinkwater was half but since he went to the ESL he's none nothing. He did kick two clutch field goals to win games recently but that is about all he did in both games. He was totally outplayed by the Newtown five-eight on Saturday. Good players show out at ISP level.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5448
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
Fairdinkum some of you blokes just don't get it.....Gambles debut was ordinary in a very ordinary team performance,noone said he was going to win the game for us because he is absolutely brilliant..did they...give the kid a chance to prove himself...everybody praised Moses,Brooks for such a long time as being the FUTURE of our club...Moses is playing like crap and Brooks has taken an infinity to prove he is NRL standard...

I cant stand it when someone isn't given the chances that others have had because of being overhyped in a much lower level of football.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE IN A MUCH BETTER PERFORMING TEAM...
Lol. Like Melbourne?
Honestly Demps you dont like him and thats your choice,however other players have had far better opportunities and time to show their worth and have been given leeway,this kid should be afforded the same to be fair..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3151
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:05 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
Fairdinkum some of you blokes just don't get it.....Gambles debut was ordinary in a very ordinary team performance,noone said he was going to win the game for us because he is absolutely brilliant..did they...give the kid a chance to prove himself...everybody praised Moses,Brooks for such a long time as being the FUTURE of our club...Moses is playing like crap and Brooks has taken an infinity to prove he is NRL standard...

I cant stand it when someone isn't given the chances that others have had because of being overhyped in a much lower level of football.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE IN A MUCH BETTER PERFORMING TEAM...
Lol. Like Melbourne?
Honestly Demps you dont like him and thats your choice,however other players have had far better opportunities and time to show their worth and have been given leeway,this kid should be afforded the same to be fair..
:righton:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29180
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 12:38 am

Attack is not his issue.. anything decent since Quadja departed has generally come off the back of Gamble. ..defensively however at times he is not ISP level..can't see him in the forwards or centre at NRL level unless he works extremely hard on it in pre season...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:40 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
Fairdinkum some of you blokes just don't get it.....Gambles debut was ordinary in a very ordinary team performance,noone said he was going to win the game for us because he is absolutely brilliant..did they...give the kid a chance to prove himself...everybody praised Moses,Brooks for such a long time as being the FUTURE of our club...Moses is playing like crap and Brooks has taken an infinity to prove he is NRL standard...

I cant stand it when someone isn't given the chances that others have had because of being overhyped in a much lower level of football.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE IN A MUCH BETTER PERFORMING TEAM...
Lol. Like Melbourne?
Honestly Demps you dont like him and thats your choice,however other players have had far better opportunities and time to show their worth and have been given leeway,this kid should be afforded the same to be fair..
He should never see first grade again.

He sucks at ISC.
What does that tell u?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

west#67
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun 25 Jun, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by west#67 » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 2:43 pm

Come on Demps i would give an off season to built up and see how he goes in the trial games than decide.There has been plodders in first grade and isp that have turned in more BS games than Gamble. But i do see your point.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3151
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:06 pm

Demps wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:40 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
Fairdinkum some of you blokes just don't get it.....Gambles debut was ordinary in a very ordinary team performance,noone said he was going to win the game for us because he is absolutely brilliant..did they...give the kid a chance to prove himself...everybody praised Moses,Brooks for such a long time as being the FUTURE of our club...Moses is playing like crap and Brooks has taken an infinity to prove he is NRL standard...

I cant stand it when someone isn't given the chances that others have had because of being overhyped in a much lower level of football.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE IN A MUCH BETTER PERFORMING TEAM...
Lol. Like Melbourne?
Honestly Demps you dont like him and thats your choice,however other players have had far better opportunities and time to show their worth and have been given leeway,this kid should be afforded the same to be fair..
He should never see first grade again.

He sucks at ISC.
What does that tell u?
Reading your posts Demps, and it appears to me that you wouldn't know a footballer if you fell over one.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:50 pm

He's been played out of position at halfback since Quadja left. In a team that's completely void of talent it's hard for a playmaker to stand out. His defence needs work, no doubt about it, but his attacking potential is obvious to see. He just needs someone else to do the organising as that's absolutely not him and he makes himself look bad while trying to fill that role

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:16 am

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:40 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm


Lol. Like Melbourne?
Honestly Demps you dont like him and thats your choice,however other players have had far better opportunities and time to show their worth and have been given leeway,this kid should be afforded the same to be fair..
He should never see first grade again.

He sucks at ISC.
What does that tell u?
Reading your posts Demps, and it appears to me that you wouldn't know a footballer if you fell over one.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us.
Why waste your time with his post?

I know what I've seen and what I've seen from Gamble, he will never make it...

All the Lichaa talk is because hes a realistic signing that we could actually achieve. Sorry I don't suggest some unrealistic impossible suggestions with actually no hope of ever happening. The guy defo hasn't hit the ceiling either. Some of you guys live in a little dream world.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:30 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:50 pm
He's been played out of position at halfback since Quadja left. In a team that's completely void of talent it's hard for a playmaker to stand out. His defence needs work, no doubt about it, but his attacking potential is obvious to see. He just needs someone else to do the organising as that's absolutely not him and he makes himself look bad while trying to fill that role

Is it a case of him playing a role that doesnt suit him or is it Cleary asking him to play that role for a year to try and improve those aspects of his game?
Its an opinion!

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:44 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:16 am
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:40 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm


Honestly Demps you dont like him and thats your choice,however other players have had far better opportunities and time to show their worth and have been given leeway,this kid should be afforded the same to be fair..
He should never see first grade again.

He sucks at ISC.
What does that tell u?
Reading your posts Demps, and it appears to me that you wouldn't know a footballer if you fell over one.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us.
Why waste your time with his post?

I know what I've seen and what I've seen from Gamble, he will never make it...

All the Lichaa talk is because hes a realistic signing that we could actually achieve. Sorry I don't suggest some unrealistic impossible suggestions with actually no hope of ever happening. The guy defo hasn't hit the ceiling either. Some of you guys live in a little dream world.
Greg Eastwood would be a "realistic" signing too but that doesn't mean he'd be a good signing...Lichaa has largely been crap in first grade and would not improve us.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 8:04 am

Nelson wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:44 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:16 am
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:40 am


He should never see first grade again.

He sucks at ISC.
What does that tell u?
Reading your posts Demps, and it appears to me that you wouldn't know a footballer if you fell over one.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us.
Why waste your time with his post?

I know what I've seen and what I've seen from Gamble, he will never make it...

All the Lichaa talk is because hes a realistic signing that we could actually achieve. Sorry I don't suggest some unrealistic impossible suggestions with actually no hope of ever happening. The guy defo hasn't hit the ceiling either. Some of you guys live in a little dream world.
Greg Eastwood would be a "realistic" signing too but that doesn't mean he'd be a good signing...Lichaa has largely been crap in first grade and would not improve us.
Ok buddy... Enjoy having Godinet or Taylor playing hooker next year.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply