Alex Twal - Official

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood

Re: Alex Twal - Official

Post by oldprop » Mon 10 Jul, 2017 4:41 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 10 Jul, 2017 3:55 pm
Sharks' supporters are getting worked up about Ava and his stats which are a significant upgrade on Tagatese.. He is a good player but he has chosen to leave. I think young Twal may has him covered which is a great win for WTs.
Yep, sorry to see Ava go but young Alex looks good.
Need more props.


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8397
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:06 am

Twal > ava
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle

Post by rex2ce » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:12 am

Ava is a good honest player and will be missed

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6170
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:12 am

oldprop wrote:
Mon 10 Jul, 2017 4:41 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 10 Jul, 2017 3:55 pm
Sharks' supporters are getting worked up about Ava and his stats which are a significant upgrade on Tagatese.. He is a good player but he has chosen to leave. I think young Twal may has him covered which is a great win for WTs.
Yep, sorry to see Ava go but young Alex looks good.
Sure is an upgrade on Tagatese, to the cost of about $250K more.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2050
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:54 am

rex2ce wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:12 am
Ava is a good honest player and will be missed
I agree. I think it's too early to state that Twal is better than Ava. He might be but he might not be.


User avatar
Skip
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun 30 Apr, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Skip » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:36 pm

Quite a stretch to say Twal is better than Ava.... maybe in the next few years. Ava just has that knack to dent the oppositions defence.
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3803
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 5:44 pm

Ava is bog average and has also shown a lack of football brains this year. There are about 30 better front rowers in the game. I would prefer Latu, Alvaro, Matagai, Lawrence and loads of others over him.
How many 100+ metre games has he punched out?
Is a bench forward at best

tigerfanatic
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu 16 Feb, 2017 10:41 am

Post by tigerfanatic » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:33 am

I have a good feeling edwards will be dropped to make way for twal 1hr before kickoff

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:59 am

Harvey wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 5:44 pm
Ava is bog average and has also shown a lack of football brains this year. There are about 30 better front rowers in the game. I would prefer Latu, Alvaro, Matagai, Lawrence and loads of others over him.
How many 100+ metre games has he punched out?
Is a bench forward at best
7/15 of his games have been 100m+ with an average of 107.9m per game and a lowest of 76m in 33 minutes from 8 carries (9.5m per run). Doesn't miss many tackles either. He's a good bench prop and I'd have been happy for us to keep him.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 10:07 am

Nelson wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:59 am
Harvey wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 5:44 pm
Ava is bog average and has also shown a lack of football brains this year. There are about 30 better front rowers in the game. I would prefer Latu, Alvaro, Matagai, Lawrence and loads of others over him.
How many 100+ metre games has he punched out?
Is a bench forward at best
7/15 of his games have been 100m+ with an average of 107.9m per game and a lowest of 76m in 33 minutes from 8 carries (9.5m per run). Doesn't miss many tackles either. He's a good bench prop and I'd have been happy for us to keep him.
x2

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8397
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 11:22 am

Harvey wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 5:44 pm
Ava is bog average and has also shown a lack of football brains this year. There are about 30 better front rowers in the game. I would prefer Latu, Alvaro, Matagai, Lawrence and loads of others over him.
How many 100+ metre games has he punched out?
Is a bench forward at best
Agree.
He's OK and that's about it - couldn't even connect with the punch thrown on Robbie.

Twal is definitely better.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 12:09 pm

Twal is not better at this stage. We need to stop being biased about players who leave us. That said the Sharks are paying him 300k more p.a.

I like Twal and believe he is way better as a rookie than Ava was and he looks the better prospect. Twal needs to hit the Gym over the offseason and come back at around 115kgs in the next few seasons. He is a tall lad and too light at 106kgs.

User avatar
Blackpearl
Member
Member
Posts: 1396
Joined: Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: The burbs

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:14 am

Like the hooth, has really impressed and will be one of rhe prop rotations in 2018.
Astute buy by cleary
I dislike sowfs immensely

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33162
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:43 am

Looks to be a very smart purchase. I wouldn't expect him to bulk up too much over the offseason. He doesn't seem to have that sort of physique where he can just stack muscle on. I think if we can get him playing around the 108kg mark, then that's probably ideal for him. I like the fact both Twal and Eisenhuth have good motors on them, defend well and don't have any trouble making 12 hitups per game.

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:08 am

Yep another young guy with plenty of heart Alex will improve even more so we are in good shape with him and the other young guys who have stood up given there chance

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:43 am

The guy is a machine. Another 100m+ game off the bench, and something like 130 tackles made in his NRL career for 1 miss. He'd be our rookie of the year if he had debuted earlier in the season.

Laughable to state he should put on 9kgs in the off season. 1-2 more and he'll be sweet. He needs to not be too heavy in order to play big mins and have the agility in defence. He's already replicating Woods in a number of ways and is a superior defender to him.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2402
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:55 am

There is a lot to get excited about in Twal and Eisenhuth...Both are great defenders and have great motors

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2921
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:57 am

Every club in the NRL were looking at Alex except Parra.

Post Reply
cron