Mahe Fonua

User avatar
Tbone
Member
Member
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon 04 Jul, 2011 5:07 pm

Re: Mahe Fonua

Post by Tbone » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 11:38 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 10:53 pm
Tbone wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:04 pm
Fonua was aweful in his last match for Hull FC. Hope it was just a bad day.
What game were you watching?

:bash :bash
The one in which he made 5 handling errors.


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3816
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:35 am

With Fonua's arrival will give us some options st centre and wing. some good players will miss out.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 747
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 6:18 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:24 pm
tigeress wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 1:23 pm
Balmainbred wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:24 pm
It’s the same Mahe Fonua but that game was the 2013 ISC grand final between East Tigers & Mackay Cutters today’s game is between Penrith Panthers & PNG Hunters
Yes sorry about that, my first post in a long while and I make a bungle of it... :oops: I realised my error when I checked the article again :brick:
It’s the pressure that gets to you Tigeress. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and post again!!
Thanks for the thumbs up TS I shall certainly get back on the "horse" :blah

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:44 pm


User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:51 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:44 pm
If he wasn't so rubbish under the high ball, he would have been in the NRL squad by now.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.


Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:58 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:51 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:44 pm
If he wasn't so rubbish under the high ball, he would have been in the NRL squad by now.
Well he played his best footy for the Storm in the centres so given all the missing players I'm not sure why he isn't trialled at left centre in NSW cup at least

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 7:02 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:58 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:51 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:44 pm
If he wasn't so rubbish under the high ball, he would have been in the NRL squad by now.
Well he played his best footy for the Storm in the centres so given all the missing players I'm not sure why he isn't trialled at left centre in NSW cup at least
If he wants to play center, he might get a look in this week.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 7:55 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 7:02 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:58 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:51 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Apr, 2018 6:44 pm
If he wasn't so rubbish under the high ball, he would have been in the NRL squad by now.
Well he played his best footy for the Storm in the centres so given all the missing players I'm not sure why he isn't trialled at left centre in NSW cup at least
If he wants to play center, he might get a look in this week.
Well Malakai is one of the players that are injured this week. Depending on the extent of his injury, Mahe might get a shot on the left wing.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

User avatar
Tupac Tiger
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 4:03 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Tupac Tiger » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

Regardless of everything, the above stats are seriously impressive. Confident we'll see him in First Grade this year at some point.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:20 am

I look forward to seeing Mahe in First grade at some stage but the thought of him & Kev defending next to each other terrifies me. Bombs away!

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2268
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:26 am

Glennb wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:20 am
I look forward to seeing Mahe in First grade at some stage but the thought of him & Kev defending next to each other terrifies me. Bombs away!
Me too... but I can't help but think how good it would be to have him carrying the ball up when we are struggling at the start of our sets.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27922
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:38 am

Great stats but his hands are worse than Konny Hurrels

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:57 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:38 am
Great stats but his hands are worse than Konny Hurrels
Yep, he's got flippers for fingers.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3115
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:49 am

It's his errors more than dropping kicks which is his problem. Poor hands leading to knock ons in the play the ball or in the tackle.

You can't promote someone who has 2-3 knock ons a game. He has won a few 50-50 penalties for su too by dropping the ball in a tackle, but they easily could have been called as knock-ons too. Needs to just keep is simple and hold onto the ball.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:17 am



Mahe Fonia has broken his forearm. Requires surgery, could be gone for the rest of the #NRL season. Big blow for @WestsTigers

:bawling

shifty
Member
Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:15 am

Post by shifty » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:46 am

Oh yay, bad to worse...whose next

User avatar
hugh1954
Member
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri 17 May, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Maitland

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:22 pm

Feels sorry for us if we thinks Mahe is our first grade centre

User avatar
hugh1954
Member
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri 17 May, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Maitland

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:25 pm

While I am at it if we dont look to make the eight, we should start ESan in the second row and look to centres who can score tries with speed

Post Reply