coivtny wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:50 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:34 pm
coivtny wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:26 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 5:05 pm

This is Packers 3rd season back and still hasnt paid the final amount... Why cant Lodge get that same latitude?
Are you serious? Packer is about to finish paying $300k in 3 years. Try paying $100k a year after tax ... it ain't easy. Lodge has not paid a cent and doesn't appear to be willing to pay anything. There's no comparison and any suggestion there is, is delusional.
Of course I'm serious. Packer is the same thug as Lodge and needs to be given time to sort out his mess 'while' playing rugby league.
I'm not comparing the crimes but their respective reactions to them. You compared Packer to Lodge in terms of paying their monetary debts. There is no comparison. Packer has just about paid $300k. Lodge has paid zilch. Hence the question ... are you serious.
Maybe in 3 years he may have?

The fact he has made several attempts to work on a settlement suggests he is willing to pay.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:11 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:44 pm
The NRL should have stipulated that in Lodges return to the game he must make attempts to pay his victims
Even if it's a minimum of say 20% of his contract over the minimum wage
At least that would go some small way to showing he has some remorse
By not paying some kind of restitution he may as well come out and say get stuffed
Because until he makes the effort that's what he is saying
He's just not using words to do it
If anything I am more disappointed in the NRL itself
In light of the new information released this week in regards to assaulting his former partner
They have made a bad decision on this matter to allow lodge to return without any consequence
So lodge was out of the game for three years
Woop tee do
He did a couple of courses
Woop tee do x 2
What was the NRL thinking
What's it saying to all the young kids playing the game

Maybe Packer can teach him a lesson or two this week
If lodge wants people to think better of him then he needs to step up and make the effort
I hope he does
Being forced to pay a certain amount per year wouldn't equate to remorse in my eyes... It's a condition.
Nothing more

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:13 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:34 pm
coivtny wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:26 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 5:05 pm
supercoach wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 1:42 pm
I read that and I just wonder how people make comparisons to the Lodge thing. Okay yes this article is written with a positive slant and a lot of the stuff we have read on Lodge is coming from a negative slant, but I keep saying you can not compare the two. One did his time, paid what the court required and basically turned his life around in so many ways. The other, well seems to have come up short. I am not blaming Lodge, I am sure he is under starters orders from his lawyers, but I do think Greenberg jumped the gun, and maybe another year out of the NRL might have been the way to go
This is Packers 3rd season back and still hasnt paid the final amount... Why cant Lodge get that same latitude?
Are you serious? Packer is about to finish paying $300k in 3 years. Try paying $100k a year after tax ... it ain't easy. Lodge has not paid a cent and doesn't appear to be willing to pay anything. There's no comparison and any suggestion there is, is delusional.
Of course I'm serious. Packer is the same thug as Lodge and needs to be given time to sort out his mess 'while' playing rugby league.
Whats your timeframe here Watto. Being extremely serious, because everyone knows Lodge has jumped jurisdiction on this one, hence the argument that he has zero intention of making good in any way, shape or form.

If you personally cannot see the difference between someone doing time, then making the financial restitution in a prompt manner once they re-enter the workforce, and Lodge running away on a technicality then there is no talking sense to you.

I whole heartedly agree that neither can take their offences back, not only their lives but the lives of their victims were irreparably changed in both events.

So give us a time frame Watto. The time in which you put your name on the line for Lodge, then accept that your name is as good as the person you are defending if they fall through. Im all for you defending the guy, and his opportunity to make ammends... But if you are going to vouch for him, you are going to eat the dirt as far as your judgement is concerned from that day on. Considering he didnt have incarceration voiding his ability to work hence earn, obviously has to be taken into account retrospectively if you are in any way serious.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tiger Come Lately » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:24 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:16 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 5:12 pm
Based on the numbers if Lodge is to honour his deal he would have to play for the next 15 years.
Lodge isnt even on the hook for the payout.
Civil matters can't be enforced via extradition and his wages can't be garnished.
Criminal matters were dealt with so he has nothing to worry about.

Take OJ Simpson case for example. Ronald Goldman is still chasing the millions awarded in the civil suit for his sons death and can't get paid.
Can't get blood out of a stone and Lodge can opt just to dodge it for the rest of his life.
OJ is no better than Lodge.

You don''t make amends because you have to, you do it because you feel want to and you are remorseful.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm

Lodge gets kicked out of the Storm system gets kicked out of our system, has domestic violence issues, than goes on a rampage in the states and basically sits out a season and all is forgiven. I say to his supporters get off your high chair and cast a thought to the victims, they are the ones who have suffered.
Packer on the other hand right from the outset took ownership of what he did,never tried to walk away or dodge any penalties. No comparison at all

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:33 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm
Lodge gets kicked out of the Storm system gets kicked out of our system, has domestic violence issues, than goes on a rampage in the states and basically sits out a season and all is forgiven. I say to his supporters get off your high chair and cast a thought to the victims, they are the ones who have suffered.
Packer on the other hand right from the outset took ownership of what he did,never tried to walk away or dodge any penalties. No comparison at all
👏 :righton:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:34 pm

I’ve always supportered Packer because I am a fan of redemption stories, but the about face this forum has done since he signed is amusing. When he was linked to us he was a thug, now he’s suddenly redeemed himself. Funny what wearing our jersey does.

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:43 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:24 pm
matchball wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Based on the numbers if Lodge is to honour his deal he would have to play for the next 15 years.
Civil matters can't be enforced via extradition and his wages can't be garnished.

Take OJ Simpson case for example. Ronald Goldman is still chasing the millions awarded in the civil suit for his sons death and can't get paid.
Can't get blood out of a stone and Lodge can opt just to dodge it for the rest of his life.

You don''t make amends because you have to, you do it because you feel want to and you are remorseful.
I agree. They are both slime but the civil case judgement overseas has no legal recourse in Australia. He can't be jailed or garnished for not paying up.
He is free and can't be chased down as juristiction for civil matters dont reach here. Not yet anyway but it's in the pipeline.

Its down to morals. If he has none then so be it.

https://www.claytonutz.com/knowledge/20 ... -australia

"The USA and Australia have long enjoyed a close relationship, so it is somewhat surprising that they have not made a bilateral arrangement for the enforcement of each other's judgments. Countries with weaker connections to Australia have made bilateral arrangements allowing them to enjoy the benefits of the Foreign Judgments Act 1991 (Cth) when it comes to enforcing judgments of their domestic courts in Australia."

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 9:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:34 pm
I’ve always supportered Packer because I am a fan of redemption stories, but the about face this forum has done since he signed is amusing. When he was linked to us he was a thug, now he’s suddenly redeemed himself. Funny what wearing our jersey does.
That's simply not true. If you go back to when he first signed there were those who supported his signing (me included) and those who didn't. Same appears to be true today. There hasn't been an about face.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:43 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:24 pm
matchball wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

I agree. They are both slime but the civil case judgement overseas has no legal recourse in Australia. He can't be jailed or garnished for not paying up.
He is free and can't be chased down as juristiction for civil matters dont reach here. Not yet anyway but it's in the pipeline.

Its down to morals. If he has none then so be it.

https://www.claytonutz.com/knowledge/20 ... -australia

"The USA and Australia have long enjoyed a close relationship, so it is somewhat surprising that they have not made a bilateral arrangement for the enforcement of each other's judgments. Countries with weaker connections to Australia have made bilateral arrangements allowing them to enjoy the benefits of the Foreign Judgments Act 1991 (Cth) when it comes to enforcing judgments of their domestic courts in Australia."
Long may it remain that way. While it's unfortunate that Lodge's victims can't get at him we don't want to expose our citizens to US civil judgments.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 9:37 pm

I was uneasy about his signing, to be fair I didn't know squat about his efforts to better himself. Ignorance on my part, I still don't excuse what he did but unlike others who seem to have got away with what they did he actually did his time and has made reparations. IMO he's a shade better than many of the other charatcers who have brought the game into disrepute with DV, violent crimes and other nonsense and managed to get away with it.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:11 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:44 pm
The NRL should have stipulated that in Lodges return to the game he must make attempts to pay his victims
Even if it's a minimum of say 20% of his contract over the minimum wage
At least that would go some small way to showing he has some remorse
By not paying some kind of restitution he may as well come out and say get stuffed
Because until he makes the effort that's what he is saying
He's just not using words to do it
If anything I am more disappointed in the NRL itself
In light of the new information released this week in regards to assaulting his former partner
They have made a bad decision on this matter to allow lodge to return without any consequence
So lodge was out of the game for three years
Woop tee do
He did a couple of courses
Woop tee do x 2
What was the NRL thinking
What's it saying to all the young kids playing the game

Maybe Packer can teach him a lesson or two this week
If lodge wants people to think better of him then he needs to step up and make the effort
I hope he does
Being forced to pay a certain amount per year wouldn't equate to remorse in my eyes... It's a condition.
Nothing more
The point is he should pay

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:13 am

Black'n'White wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:13 pm
Whats your timeframe here Watto. Being extremely serious, because everyone knows Lodge has jumped jurisdiction on this one, hence the argument that he has zero intention of making good in any way, shape or form.

If you personally cannot see the difference between someone doing time, then making the financial restitution in a prompt manner once they re-enter the workforce, and Lodge running away on a technicality then there is no talking sense to you.

I whole heartedly agree that neither can take their offences back, not only their lives but the lives of their victims were irreparably changed in both events.

So give us a time frame Watto. The time in which you put your name on the line for Lodge, then accept that your name is as good as the person you are defending if they fall through. Im all for you defending the guy, and his opportunity to make ammends... But if you are going to vouch for him, you are going to eat the dirt as far as your judgement is concerned from that day on. Considering he didnt have incarceration voiding his ability to work hence earn, obviously has to be taken into account retrospectively if you are in any way serious.
I'm not defending Lodge. I'm calling out the hypocrisy on here and the atrocious media reporting on the subject.

I see Lodge and Packer as the same scumbags. I have repeatedly said neither should of been allowed back into the game, but if one has, so should the other. Whats at debate is why Packer should be allowed back into the NRL and Lodge shouldnt. I couldnt give a rats about whether or not he pays his restitution. Its really a matter between Lodge and the yanks, but more so none of my business.

All I care about is the circumstances as to how he has been allowed back into the NRL. I see those circumstances are the same as to how Packer[and those before them] was allowed back into the game. If you supported Packer back into the game, I dont see how you can critisise Lodge being allowed back considering how alike there circumstances where.

GNR mentioned how people have changed their tune since Packer has pulled on a WT jumper. I went back and had a good chuckle and then noticed another thread 'biggest scumbag in the game'. In that thread I called out Packer as the #1 Scumbag.

Upon reflection and since that thread was created, I have decided to move Russell to #2 and place Lodge at #1.
Both are Scumbags!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:34 am

Both of them shouldn’t be in the game

Both attacks were violent with no thought for the victims or any one else. Lodge got away with it and Packer did time for it.

Unfortunately our justice system is so gutless and soft that the time rarely is enough to be a deterrent to anyone .
And as far as I’m concerned, Packer and those like him should be
Still inside.

Violent criminals here hardly ever get what they deserve in Australia , they are back on the streets way too early.

Lodge should be behind bars for what he did, and neither should be in the NRL

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:10 pm

Just like I said

BRONCOS

March 22, 2018 4:44pmSource: AAP

Matt Lodge has got Wayne Bennett’s support.Source: AAP

THE NRL has ordered Matt Lodge to pay back the victims of his New York rampage and threatened to sever his contract unless he comes up with a payment plan.

As debate continues to swirl about the controversial Brisbane prop’s participation in the game, the NRL have put their foot down and ordered him to begin paying back the $1.6 million ordered following a US civil lawsuit.

Ruth Fowler and Joseph Cartright said they had never received an apology from Lodge and he had never attempted to begin paying back what was owed to them — claims disputed by the Broncos forward.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm not going to weigh into the morality or legal aspect.

I just came here to say, it's it lovely watching the Broncos under immense media scrutiny.

Bennett looks like he's feeling it and on the verge of a meltdown.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 12:57 am

At least the NRL are going to enforce the restitution.