Russell Packer - OFFICIAL..

Roar Power

Re: Russell Packer - OFFICIAL..

Post by Roar Power » Tue 16 May, 2017 3:50 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 3:31 pm
What a pleasant day this is turning out to be. Moses packs his bags and Packer is finally official.
Yep Willow, wouldn't mind a few more of these days!

tiger tragic

Post by tiger tragic » Tue 16 May, 2017 5:55 pm

Listening to talkin sport tunks reckons we have paid massive overs for packer and we r just panicking and desperate to get players to have something positive to report. I feel that tunks has never anything positive to say about this club I'm surprised he doesn't work for the telegraph.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:03 pm

Tunks should be an expert on paying overs. After all, his club would of forked out massive money for Woods and Foran....hardly 2 great blokes to have around your club setting the example.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:04 pm

tiger tragic wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 5:55 pm
Listening to talkin sport tunks reckons we have paid massive overs for packer and we r just panicking and desperate to get players to have something positive to report. I feel that tunks has never anything positive to say about this club I'm surprised he doesn't work for the telegraph.
Packers a gun.

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:07 pm

tiger tragic wrote:
I heard that too, tragic...the two grubs hughes and tunks make me sick...that show is just a tigers bash up show...they are sooking because marina go and pascoe wont come on their nothing show....tunks also had the hide to say that Ava was a better prop than packer

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:13 pm

Hahahhaha Ava better than Packer, I'll have what he's having...

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:16 pm

Milky wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:13 pm
Hahahhaha Ava better than Packer, I'll have what he's having...
Fairdinkum milky...i nearly drove off the road when he said that....

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:27 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:03 pm
Tunks should be an expert on paying overs. After all, his club would of forked out massive money for Woods and Foran....hardly 2 great blokes to have around your club setting the example.
Don't forget the huge amount of coin they threw tony 'iro' williams...

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:28 pm

This attachment is so good.
Attachments
IMG_2259.JPG
IMG_2259.JPG (96.18 KiB) Viewed 671 times

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:34 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:07 pm
tiger tragic wrote:
I heard that too, tragic...the two grubs hughes and tunks make me sick...that show is just a tigers bash up show...they are sooking because marina go and pascoe wont come on their nothing show....tunks also had the hide to say that Ava was a better prop than packer

If they didn't get Packer or even make him an offer, Tunks would say - Well if I was running things at the Tigers I would be making a big offer to a player like Russell Packer. :roll:

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:34 pm

Super happy with this. Glad we are building a great pack that is where the game is won and lost

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:34 pm

Spacecub wrote:
tiger tragic wrote:
A couple of months ago Tunks was taking the Mickey out of Shaz (Woods), said he didn't rate him. I wonder what he thinks now

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:38 pm

Spacecub wrote:

Comparing Packer to Ava is apples and oranges, but dont kid yourself, we still need to find an Ava type to compliment Matulino and Packer. Mark my words, Ava is the perfect cornerstone prop, and we need to replace him in a like for like or our pack wont work out.

In every team there are specials, the guys that can break apart a game... but they only accent the extraordinarily consistent base line performers. Mat and Pack are the accents. We are well short of performers we can rely on to lay the platform.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:58 pm

I don't recall Ava's workrate being too high, wouldn't rate him a cornerstone prop ala Webcke or Matt Scott. He is more of a trudger, a one-speed (medium) guy. Plenty of them blokes around the traps.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 16 May, 2017 7:15 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:58 pm
I don't recall Ava's workrate being too high, wouldn't rate him a cornerstone prop ala Webcke or Matt Scott. He is more of a trudger, a one-speed (medium) guy. Plenty of them blokes around the traps.
we have a difference of opinion on the word "cornerstone". To me its a solid foundation to work from.... Webcke, Scott and even Woods are the frills in the pack. They need to be paired with Ava's and Plum's.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 16 May, 2017 7:18 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:38 pm
Spacecub wrote:

Comparing Packer to Ava is apples and oranges, but dont kid yourself, we still need to find an Ava type to compliment Matulino and Packer. Mark my words, Ava is the perfect cornerstone prop, and we need to replace him in a like for like or our pack wont work out.

In every team there are specials, the guys that can break apart a game... but they only accent the extraordinarily consistent base line performers. Mat and Pack are the accents. We are well short of performers we can rely on to lay the platform.
The MatPack!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Tue 16 May, 2017 7:21 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:38 pm
Spacecub wrote:

Matulino can be that player tbh. When he was at his best he churned out huge metres.

Perhaps Twal or Felise can turn into that guy too.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 16 May, 2017 7:24 pm

tiger tragic wrote:
Tunks also thinks dad jokes are funny, doesn't know that Michael Gordon played Origin and thinks Gerard Condom is a great punter.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...